shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you pay for undies?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like pretty undies but hate undies that don't fit well, so my over-the-hill bod and I like the Hanes cotton boyshorts that I can get at Target.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Like Monarch, I love Aerie (American Eagle) cotton undies. They are inexpensive. I also buy a lot of Wacoal undies when I go home because they are too expensive in the States. I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for one.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are things I'll spend money on and feel better about myself because of it but underwear is not one of those things. New undies don't make me feel anything, really.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1391049712|3603908 said:
canuk-gal|1391047364|3603881 said:
HI:

A lot. My cheeky treat to myself. :saint:

http://www.chantelle.com/ :love:

cheers--Sharon

Ha! I knew some fabulous PSr would show up to this thread and divulge their "hidden" splurges! Sometimes I find Chantelle and Wacoal at my local TJ Maxx. In larger cities sometimes you can find La Perla at TJ. Sadly, they are usually not my size (typically nothing in the most popular middle sizes, just really tiny or at the other end) but I've lucked into some very good Wacoal deals there.

I used to love Felina. Mid-priced, beautiful stuff.

:bigsmile: Sometimes I find an awesome buy--and where I do, I buy multiples....since they are well made, they last...
great "gift" that goes well with good scotch/fun Christmas presents..... ;))

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1391054281|3603968 said:
monarch64|1391049712|3603908 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Ha! I knew some fabulous PSr would show up to this thread and divulge their "hidden" splurges! Sometimes I find Chantelle and Wacoal at my local TJ Maxx. In larger cities sometimes you can find La Perla at TJ. Sadly, they are usually not my size (typically nothing in the most popular middle sizes, just really tiny or at the other end) but I've lucked into some very good Wacoal deals there.

I used to love Felina. Mid-priced, beautiful stuff.

:bigsmile: Sometimes I find an awesome buy--and where I do, I buy multiples....since they are well made, they last...
great "gift" that goes well with good scotch/fun Christmas presents..... ;-))

cheers--Sharon

AMEN. :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1391053067|3603957 said:
There are things I'll spend money on and feel better about myself because of it but underwear is not one of those things. New undies don't make me feel anything, really.

You can always go commando and keep the money for bling! :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I aim for about $5 a pop! :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear undies from Target - they have some great options and are very reasonably priced. I think if you buy 5, it totals up to $20, so $4 a pair. I try to wear only cotton underwear, which is hard to find. I generally like a bikini cut and these have been my favorite from Target http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-reg-women-s-cotton-with-lace-bikini-assorted-colors/-/A-14563048#prodSlot=large_1_15

I also like the hipster seamless type from Victoria Secret, but they are more expensive and are synthetic, so I don't buy them as often. +1 over here for those who hate thongs!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy usually from good old Marks & Spencers here in the UK, so bras usually cost around £30 and knickers £8 each.

But once, a LONG time ago when I lived in New Zealand i saw these beautiful sets in a little boutique, all handmade with French lace. Utterly stunning, like white silk with hand stitched pink rosebuds & green leaves etc, and I momentarily stopped to drool but then had heart failure at the prices. The knickers were around $130 & the bras a staggering $240 NZD :o Two days later after a heated dispute with my cantankerous & disgustingly rich boyfriend of the time, a courier showed up at my office with the most beautifully wrapped box.... I treasured those knickers for a long time, but sent them to a UK charity shop when I met my now husband :)

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

+1
-- I really love Stella McCarney', Chantelle, Wolford, & La Perla. I have a frequent buyer card at Journelle.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I buy a 6 pack of Hanes cotton undies for under $10.

I went through a phase of silk and fancy stuff when I was in my 20s but then the urge to be comfortable won out. :D

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
All of you thong haters haven't tried the right ones. Try a pair of Hanky Pankys, and you will never go back :cheeky:

I don't care what the tag says. If you aren't wearing a thong, we can see your underwear lines!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewShiny|1391098896|3604179 said:
All of you thong haters haven't tried the right ones. Try a pair of Hanky Pankys, and you will never go back :cheeky:

I don't care what the tag says. If you aren't wearing a thong, we can see your underwear lines!

Yes ;))

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
nataliesamaras said:

Yes ;))

Amen!

Don't really care about someone else's VPL, but there really is nothing more comfortable than a good thong! Can't remember the last time I wore regular underwear, but I'm sure it was uncomfortable!

Like a previous poster I generally prefer cotton thongs but lately finding them in South Africa seems practically impossible. Too much cheap crap imported from China.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1391034927|3603696 said:
I got a gift card for Christmas to a department story and decided to buy some undies

It was a store that sells reasonable priced things and expensive designers.

I remember thinking after seeing a few of the higher price tags, "who pays this much for underpants !?"

So how much do you pay? And I don't mean lingerie or something for a "special occasion"
Just normal daily wear.
I buy in bulk when VS has a sale, though I usually only do it once a year. I only wear their cotton hipsters, only in black. I have I think 3 pair of light nude just in case I wear light khakis. So, like $3 or $4 a pair? They last FOREVER, I still have pairs from 4 years ago that look like brand new. They hold up perfectly.

I am ANTI THONG. I haven't met one I could stand even for a second. Ever. Not one. Of any pricepoint. Ugh. I hate things in my butt. There I said it. Out loud on the internet. I'll deal with VPL over that feeling any day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1391052327|3603949 said:
Like Monarch, I love Aerie (American Eagle) cotton undies. They are inexpensive. I also buy a lot of Wacoal undies when I go home because they are too expensive in the States. I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for one.
I tried the Aeries this year, and found them too..thin and overly flimsy stretchy if that makes sense. The were like...floppy. They didn't hold shape at all.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care about VPL; with jeans, you can't see them anyway. Thongs aren't appealing or hygienic to me.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
...a lot. Probably like 20-30 a pair? It's nothing to what I spend on bras though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

It depends upon the design/style. I don't go by what the tag says, I double check mine to make sure they're are no lines.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1391082779|3604079 said:
I wear undies from Target - they have some great options and are very reasonably priced. I think if you buy 5, it totals up to $20, so $4 a pair. I try to wear only cotton underwear, which is hard to find. I generally like a bikini cut and these have been my favorite from Target http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-reg-women-s-cotton-with-lace-bikini-assorted-colors/-/A-14563048#prodSlot=large_1_15

I also like the hipster seamless type from Victoria Secret, but they are more expensive and are synthetic, so I don't buy them as often. +1 over here for those who hate thongs!!!

Target used to have the best undies. I bought 3 or 4 packs of them (3 to a pack) and I thinkt hey were Gillian O'Malley. Suddenly, they were gone :( I wore the ones I had until the holes were too big.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1391106830|3604278 said:
violet3|1391082779|3604079 said:

Target used to have the best undies. I bought 3 or 4 packs of them (3 to a pack) and I thinkt hey were Gillian O'Malley. Suddenly, they were gone :( I wore the ones I had until the holes were too big.

That always happens to me too! I used to get maidenform undies and then they were suddenly gone. Just like every favorite lipstick I've ever owned.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
For some reason, I have major OCD about matching bra/undies. Most of my sets are from Cleo by Panache, usually last season's sets for around 60-75% off through Amazon prime so I don't even have to leave my house to shop for lingerie. I think the undies end up around $8-15, maybe as high as $25-30 for a set I really like, but want now, instead of waiting. Rough numbers because I'm too lazy to go dig through my old Amazon orders. :tongue:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It really depends. I buy VS, but not the pricey ones. I will often wait for a sale or a special of some sort. I have also purchased undies at Target before. As long as they are cute, thong, and not overly pricey - I'm in :D

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Usually about $5-$6/pair at Target. I used to buy the fancy schmancy VS ones but then my butt got too big for them to look cute anymore and I couldn't justify the price when I buy new ones every couple of months. LOL! I wore thongs when DH and I first met and after about 2 years of marriage I switched to bikinis and his response was "Well...it was nice while it lasted!" :lol: :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1391129437|3604606 said:
Usually about $5-$6/pair at Target. I used to buy the fancy schmancy VS ones but then my butt got too big for them to look cute anymore and I couldn't justify the price when I buy new ones every couple of months. LOL! I wore thongs when DH and I first met and after about 2 years of marriage I switched to bikinis and his response was "Well...it was nice while it lasted!" :lol: :lol:

haha!

My hubby still gets thongs, but i havent shaved my legs in who knows how lomg. You win some you lose some :lol: :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kefira|1391121342|3604444 said:
For some reason, I have major OCD about matching bra/undies. Most of my sets are from Cleo by Panache, usually last season's sets for around 60-75% off through Amazon prime so I don't even have to leave my house to shop for lingerie. I think the undies end up around $8-15, maybe as high as $25-30 for a set I really like, but want now, instead of waiting. Rough numbers because I'm too lazy to go dig through my old Amazon orders. :tongue:

thats so interesting, as i dont think ive ever worn matching bra and undies.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear thongs by day, granny panties at night (dh thinks it should be the other way around), anyhoo....thongs are about $5 each, Hanes cotton briefs are $10 for a 6-pack!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sexier ones? That are maybe just a few pairs of my 'collection'? Around $10ish or so? My regular ones are a few bucks each. I have always loved Victoria Secret's V-Strings, and those are sold in 5s. Once in a while, they'll have a sale so that 2 more are thrown in. I love those sales.

I have also surprisingly loved some undies from Forever 21. They're also just a few bucks each.

I hate spending a lot on them since they always seem to die on me rather quickly. I'd rather throw them away without guilt :saint:
Stupid lace always snags and rips.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
New undies don't make me feel anything, really.

They only make me feel something when I have a bunch of holey ones that are overdue to be changed out! :(sad ;(

What a relief!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1391149270|3604816 said:
Sexier ones? That are maybe just a few pairs of my 'collection'? Around $10ish or so? My regular ones are a few bucks each. I have always loved Victoria Secret's V-Strings, and those are sold in 5s. Once in a while, they'll have a sale so that 2 more are thrown in. I love those sales.

I have also surprisingly loved some undies from Forever 21. They're also just a few bucks each.

I hate spending a lot on them since they always seem to die on me rather quickly. I'd rather throw them away without guilt :saint:
Stupid lace always snags and rips.

Have you tried washing them in a lingerie bag on delicate cycle? My undies last for a relatively long time (though it doesn't stop me from buying them in ridiculous quantities...I just love all the colors hehe). And I air dry them. Almost never put them in the dryer. That extends their life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results