shape
carat
color
clarity

how much are you paying for gas in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The equivalent of $4.75 per gallon. Near Toronto, ON Canada.
14.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 1:11:36 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
i shorted the oil and natural gas market two months ago.
39.gif
the main reason for record high oil price b/c of too much speculation by commodity future traders.

Now THIS I agree with. Way too much Speculation! A bunch of yahoos say " Hmm I think oil prices are going to go....UP..." and viola they go up and the speculators make big bucks....so of course they are going to do it again and again. This is what needs to be stopped....not sure if that''s possible but I''d like to see someone try.
31.gif

Here in KC it''s 3.79 on the KS side and about 3.73 on the MO side for regular 87.

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
$4.14 for premium and $3.89 for regular in the Northern Virginia area

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It was over $50 to fill up my tiny Cavalier
39.gif
I''m in FL.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I just filled up over lunch - Philly suburbs. $3.87/gallon, $60 total for the fill up
38.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
$4.39 for premium in West Virginia.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
$3.93 today for regular in San Diego at Costco. I was just happy it was under $4.00.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2008 1:00:19 PM
Author: KCCutie

Date: 5/23/2008 1:11:36 AM
i shorted the oil and natural gas market two months ago.
39.gif
the main reason for record high oil price b/c of too much speculation by commodity future traders.

Now THIS I agree with. Way too much Speculation! A bunch of yahoos say '' Hmm I think oil prices are going to go....UP...'' and viola they go up and the speculators make big bucks....so of course they are going to do it again and again. This is what needs to be stopped....not sure if that''s possible but I''d like to see someone try.
31.gif

Here in KC it''s 3.79 on the KS side and about 3.73 on the MO side for regular 87.
easy....if the fed would just stop cutting interest rate.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Paid 4.01 for medium grade in metro Atlanta. Pretty ticked as I''m suppose to be using High grade. The fact that this situation has been brewing for years and years totally frustrates me. We are using my husband''s motorcycle ( HD Ultra Classic - good storage) for errands and getting grocery items that we need, and he is beginning to drive to downtown Atlanta during the work week to conserve.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of websites to check out for gas prices in your area. Interesting and possibly helpful in finding the best gas price:

www.gaspricewatch.com
www.gasbuddy.com

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a Biodiesel by my house and the price of that was $5.00ish a gallon!!!! Luckily my archaic subaru still takes unleaded
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 11:25:22 PM
Author: Deelight
Hrmmm I think you should all come live in Oz
25.gif

Petrol prices are around the $1.60 a litre
Thats what I was thinking! And we are all complaining like we've got it bad!
Although, that said i can remember when I started driving it was like ~80c litre - and I've only been driving for about 6/7yrs..

For me, once it hits 1.50 or over I'll keep going and buy later/elsewhere..

I catch the bus to and from work and try to ride my bike where possible - I can't afford to use my car all the time!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 8:33:20 AM
Author: Delster
Gwen I don''t know about the UK but over here petrol is classed as a ''luxury'' so the higher VAT rate applies - 21%. Same goes for ladies'' sanitary products
29.gif
Yup, I remember when they intoduced the GST here and that same ruling was made - lots of outrage, but it still went ahead
38.gif

luxury items? sheesh
20.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 2:14:14 AM
Author: arjunajane

25.gif

Thats what I was thinking! And we are all complaining like we''ve got it bad!

Although, that said i can remember when I started driving it was like ~80c litre - and I''ve only been driving for about 6/7yrs..

For me, once it hits 1.50 or over I''ll keep going and buy later/elsewhere..

I catch the bus to and from work and try to ride my bike where possible - I can''t afford to use my car all the time!

That works out to just over $6 a gallon so it is more expensive here
29.gif

I would happily catch the bus/train but the public transport around my area is seriously lacking

princesss

Ideal_Rock
$3.89 when I filled up a few days ago here in NC.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

25.gif

Although, that said i can remember when I started driving it was like ~80c litre - and I''ve only been driving for about 6/7yrs..

I catch the bus to and from work and try to ride my bike where possible - I can''t afford to use my car all the time!
LOL, I''m such a ning nong! I just realized how much more a gallon is than a litre, so we are paying more than you guys! Dee, we should move to the US!! - cheaper gas AND (more importantly) cheaper diamonds !!
9.gif

We are paying the equaivalent of about $6.75AUD a gallon - and thats about $6.50 US
6.gif
29.gif

sheesh, that sux
7.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Petrol is hovering around $8.12 per gallon here today. Average price nationwide is 129.9c per litre. When I first started driving it was around 95c per litre.

Are diesel prices spiralling upwards where you are? They seem to be out of control here. Average price for diesel today is 139.9c per litre, so about €5.60 per gallon, which is $8.82 per gallon. Diesel always used to be cheaper than petrol, but not any more. The government are trying to encourage people to switch to diesel cars at the moment too (by restructing the motor tax system to be based on emissions, instead of engine size) so this is a bit of a hot topic.

ETA - did I mention my annual motor tax is $433 (that's the second lowest rate, because I drive a 1100cc engine) and my insurance is $945?
39.gif
Then I have to add in the cost of the (now annual, because my car is over six years old) roadworthiness test!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I paid $4.19 for REGULAR two days ago! It was $4.34 for premium. I live in Silicon Valley.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
$3.99 in Philly PA

I remember paying $1.00 a gallon when I started driving. 10 years ago. At this rate (400% increase every 10 years) gas will be over $4000 a gallon when I''m a 76 year-old grandma.
6.gif

Scary!! Unrealistic (hopefully!), but still scary! lol
3.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 8:32:08 AM

Are diesel prices spiralling upwards where you are? They seem to be out of control here. Average price for diesel today is 139.9c per litre, so about €5.60 per gallon, which is $8.82 per gallon. Diesel always used to be cheaper than petrol, but not any more. The government are trying to encourage people to switch to diesel cars at the moment too (by restructing the motor tax system to be based on emissions, instead of engine size) so this is a bit of a hot topic.

Diesel is definitely going up up up! It''s almost $5 a gallon here, and in some places it is over $5 a gallon. My parents fill up a tank every spring at their ranch to run the tractors and the trucks and they said it cost a small fortune this year. I''m really grateful to be driving a car that is happy with regular unleaded. DH''s turbo VW is parked most of the time as it needs higher quality and it''s just not worth it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2008 8:25:21 AM

25.gif

LOL, I''m such a ning nong! I just realized how much more a gallon is than a litre, so we are paying more than you guys! Dee, we should move to the US!! - cheaper gas AND (more importantly) cheaper diamonds !!
9.gif

We are paying the equaivalent of about $6.75AUD a gallon - and thats about $6.50 US
6.gif
29.gif

sheesh, that sux
7.gif
yeah,but do you guys avg 15,000 miles per yr?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2008 8:32:08 AM
ETA - did I mention my annual motor tax is $433 (that''s the second lowest rate, because I drive a 1100cc engine) and my insurance is $945?
39.gif
Then I have to add in the cost of the (now annual, because my car is over six years old) roadworthiness test!
stop crying....you want to know how much i pay for 2 young daughter''s insurance?
9.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
DancingFire over here average mileage is 12k miles per annum. I have no links or whatever to back that up, I'm going on good old conventional wisdom, and on what the insurance companies tell me when I ring up for quotes (they tell me I'm below average at 10k per annum).

Your daughters are lucky girls. My parents have never paid anything towards my car, my fuel, or my motor tax, although they did pay for my insurance as a named driver on their car while I was learning. The crying smiley might be easier understood if I explain that my income over the last three years has worked out at about $2,000 a year after my uni fees - the Irish government really values research in the humanities
20.gif

Maybe the crying smiley was the wrong one. Maybe I should have used this one!
hmm2.gif

ETA - it could be worse - my annual insurance premium eight years ago was €2k ($3,100) and that was with a discount for having been a named driver for four years!
23.gif
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 10:39:26 AM
Date: 5/27/2008 8:25:21 AM

25.gif

9.gif

6.gif
29.gif

sheesh, that sux
7.gif
yeah,but do you guys avg 15,000 miles per yr?

AJ I am so with you on that one
10.gif
and not to mention we could get insurance for said sparklies WHOOT :D

DF I did the conversion and yeah 15,000miles a year sounds about right around what I was doing just driving to work each day for the year.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
$4.30+/Reg Unleaded (SELF) gallon in NYC. The horror....
39.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
$4 and some change. I try not to notice too much.

I take public transportation to work (subsidized by my workplace) and ride my bicycle most other places, plus my car is a little and light japanese thing, so I rarely need to get gas.

SO GLAD I''m not doing the 30 minute drive-to-work anymore.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
In Houston, home of many oil and gas companies and refineries. I filled up my SUV (gulp, gulp) on Monday evening. It was 92.00. Unreal. I get around 14 mpg.. The car is 8 yrs. old, paid for so I put up with it. I also have a new Vette that gets much better gas mileage, 21 city, 24-27 highway.

It''s supply and demand or so we hear.
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2008 6:45:43 PM
Author: bebe
In Houston, home of many oil and gas companies and refineries. I filled up my SUV (gulp, gulp) on Monday evening. It was 92.00. Unreal. I get around 14 mpg.. The car is 8 yrs. old, paid for so I put up with it. I also have a new Vette that gets much better gas mileage, 21 city, 24-27 highway.

It''s supply and demand or so we hear.
33.gif
nope,b/c of speculation by commodity future traders.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
$3.75 regular gas in STL Mo.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Last night I saw it for 4.59 regular. Granted, that was at one of the expensive stations, but most places around here are 4.39+ at this point.
7.gif

ETA: That's in Southern California.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results