shape
carat
color
clarity

How many trick or treaters did you get last night?

How many trick or treaters did you get last night?

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 1-10

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • 11-30

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 31-50

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 51-70

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 71-100

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 101-150

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 151-200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 201-300

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 301+

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We would easily get over 500 if we stayed open throughout the evening.
We live in a nice, but not rich, neighborhood near many low-income hoods.
99.9% of the kids are bussed in, which actually makes me happy.
All parking spaces on our street were filled and there was a traffic jam with people dropping off their kids.

My SO grew up in a hood where nobody gave out candy so he really understands how wonderful it is for less-priveledged kids to enjoy this exciting event.

This year I bought $30 of lollie pops (98 cents a pound = over 30 pounds) because that rots the teeth of more kids than $30 of snicker bars.
30 pounds of candy lasted only half an hour, then we shut down.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
We had 105 last night and that was more than I've ever had in my entire life with each year combined. One of our neighbors spends tens of thousands making a special haunted house attraction and I think kids come from far and wide to see it. We closed down at 9pm with no candy left.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small town so we are only allowed to T&T from 6 to 8 pm. Even so, we used up all 6 large / bulk bags. Not sure how many children that that amounts to though.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kenny - That is incredible!!!!

We live in the middle of nowhere, our road has maybe a grand total of 20 houses for 5 miles, with several farms. No one trick or treats around us, so we had none. We went to a local owned restaurant, had dinner and watched their costume contest, then called it an early night. Oh well!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Zero kids. We never have any. It's kind of a bummer. :nono:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero. Our city decided they have more sense than citizens and postponed trick-or-treating due to potentially inclement weather. We had a little storm action around 10 p.m. We "reverse" trick-or-treated by delivering the treat bags we'd made around the neighborhood to all the kids we know. Activity books, Twizzlers, kazoos, and glow bracelets. I guess we'll hand out some candy tonight, but I do not anticipate droves of little tricksters.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
We had 10 kids, maybe. In the past I would buy 6 bags and run out. I usually get kids between 5:30 and 8. This year, not one after 7. I live in a nice neighborhood which is very kid friendly. I am wondering if the weather had something to do with it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our street is typically pretty dead, but this year, the fourplex apartment hung out great decorations, so the neighbor next to them decided to do it up too, and then on Halloween morning, my neighbors and I got in on the act - so we had the whole side of the street, and it was awesome! Kids would turn the corner from another street, look in all directions figuring out where to go, see all the decorations and stuff, and decide to come down our street. We ran out of candy a little before 8:00 and had to put a SORRY, OUT OF CANDY :(( sign on the door.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A few--such a change from past years :(( . I love seeing the little munchkins in their fuzzy costumes--and the big kids as well!

I gave handfuls away to every kid so I wouldn't be stuck with a lot of candy...but am stuck with more leftovers than desired...

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in a major suburb and got less than 10. Same as the last few years. Halloween seems to have gone out of favor.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had some friends stop by with their 2 children. We are new to this neighborhood so I bought a lot of candy. We are in a new construction area and the only house on our block.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We live in a small kid friendly gated community of about 125 houses, and we get about 150 kids each year. This year I noticed there were a lot more high school age kids trick or treating.....or scaring the little kids :( I think our neighborhood is getting older.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we live in a forest and the last 1/2 mile of the road leading to our driveway is dirt.......
it is not inviting :-o
we have never had a trick or treater here.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Trick or treating is not traditionally done in Australia. Australians like to whinge about how Halloween is American, not Australian and it's generally a terrible holiday - encouraging children to collect hoards of unhealthy snacks from strangers. I think they get annoyed at having to participate - the sun is still very much up when it's time to go out, so no one can use the tried and true porch light signal to show whether they're participating. It results in people getting knocks when they're unwell, busy, having a shower, putting the baby down, etc.

That being said, the holiday has definitely taken off in the time I've been down here. I had an American party last weekend and an Australian one this weekend.

For the last two years, we had no trick or treaters. This year we had three. We gave them a mountain of sweets. :bigsmile:

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
13 kids. I have been eating so much candy since I bought it a week ago. :lickout: At my old house less than a mile away we would get 150 plus kids easily.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
50 at least. We are in a heavily populated middle income suburb. Kids are everywhere! My sons are past the trick or treat age, my younger one (14 yrs old) went out with friends but didn't bring home candy. Some of his friends came to our house trick or treating though. Our main visitors were grade school kids. And pre-schoolers with their parents.

We enjoy decorating outside and I love seeing all of the kids in costumes. Even had a mom in full Duck Dynasty costume at the door with her little tots, LMAO!

Only downside is my three dogs going nuts barking all evening. They're all very guardy and get out downstairs but won't quiet down. Our town allows trick or treat from 6-8pm.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only five, and they came in two sets. So disappointing, same as the years prior in our small neighborhood which is surrounded by a bigger one.

Last year we bought two bags of candy had a lot leftover, so we only bought one bag this year. I gave a couple of pieces of candy to each trick-or-treater, so we only had 6 pieces leftover this year. Kitkats, yum yum.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our's got postpone due to the very nasty weather, we are having ours tomorrow, I have no idea how many kids we get but we live in-town in a small rural village, parents from out in the country bring their kids in town, I usually go thru about 3 large bags of candy, this year I am passing out the good stuff... :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

We usually get a bunch! And I mean a BUNCH! I bought over $100 worth of candy because we always seem to run out before the night is over. This year we got one... One!!!! Trick or treater... So, now I have $100 worth of candy sitting in a basket...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had 104! Last year we only had 40, so that's all we prepared for. We started out giving 3 treats, and then ended up giving only 1 each. No older kids/teens at all, and it was raining. All this was under 2 hours too. Don't know what the deal was this year. At least we DON'T have any candy left. No temptation there. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results