shape
carat
color
clarity

How many books do you have on your E-reader?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1299864722|2869642 said:
dragonfly411|1299859790|2869576 said:
Right now I have 20 or so classics on my Kindle. I plan on purchasing more books here coming up. I'd like to read Water for Elephants before it comes out in theaters.

My hubby wants to read that one too! One of my favorite freebies (only because I love the title) is called 'Don't Die Dragonfly'.
The alliteration just rolls off the tongue. Thought you might like that one!

Thanks Luv2! I'll have to look that up when I get home!!!

I'm waiting for the day when they add textbooks. It will make my life SO MUCH EASIER! LOL

I am saddened by what the e-readers are causing though. Our Boarders is closing. :blackeye:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad about Borders too! I love a good bookstore! We have a Barnes and Noble in our town, and I love to go and browse
and sit with a book at the starbucks inside. I do think they need to be more price competitive and offer more incentives.
They have a great selection of on 'sale' books but every book I have ever gone in to buy was full price. If I could wait, I always
ordered from Amazon. They have to compete, and don't really seem able or willing to do so, don't you think? I am sure, due to
their overhead, they couldn't.

I will be so excited to see textbooks available on e-readers. My son's school is talking about it in a couple years. Next year
we will have to start buying his books and reselling at the end of the year. My son in college though says he wants his books in
hard copy. We only have one for year for his education though, so I guess that's okay. If he wants to go to grad school it is going
to be on his dime, so maybe that would change then!

I ordered 8 more books this morning for less than $40. It is addictive!!! So I am up to 138 with about 15 in my archive that I have
already read. It kinda feels like good hoarding. Saving up books for an emergency. Crazy but good.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
*sorry, Fall of Giants was the 19.99 book.

I don't read exclusively on my Kindle either. But, I do love it!

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
somethingshiny|1299884538|2869859 said:
Pillars of the Earth is currently 19.99 which is the most expensive I've seen. Water for Elephants was 6 or 7, Eat Pray Love was maybe 12. I've seen lots of books around 5 yrs old that are .99 or 1.99. And I love the samples. You can sample any book for free. I've sampled what I thought I'd love, didn't get into it the the 3-4 chapters (sample length) and just didn't buy it. i've also found some new favorites by sampling things I didn't know if I'd like and then ended up purchasing. I keep a group of books on my wishlist and then go in every now and then to see if any of them are reduced priced.

That's strange, I'm reading Pillars right now and I bought it for $6.99. Do you think there are different versions? Maybe the price was lowered at some point? That's too bad. $19.99 is high! Good book though :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
200 or so, I think. I read a LOT of crap!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
310 on my nook. :) That's only the 'official' nook ones though. I have another 40 or so just on my nook that aren't from BN (and are in my "My documents" area, sideloaded to the nook).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results