shape
carat
color
clarity

How long is your morning routine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the moment I wake up till I walk out the door is 2.5 hours.

That sounds long, and I have no idea what takes so long, but there it is.

How long is your morning routine?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
If I'm going to work and doing the whole shower, makeup, hair, and breakfast eating, it's an hour until I'm out the door. About 40-45 minutes to get ready then 15 min for a bowl of cereal.

Somehow it takes DH the same amount of time, even though he's only in the shower for 15 minutes. I'm not really sure what he's doing for the other 45 minutes
33.gif
He takes a really long time to eat breakfast and make himself a sandwich!

Kenny, how does it possibly take you that long? Do you take the doggies for a walk?

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Mine is about a half an hour, but I eat breakfast at work. Not having kids makes it easy. I am NOT a morning person, so I always wait until the last possible minute.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I get up at 5:05am and leave the house at 6:15(ish)am. I imagine that will change once baby arrives!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
~40-45 minutes. I have everything ready the night before and all I do before leaving for work is take the dog out, shower, dry my hair, get dressed, and go.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I'm usually up by 6:30 and try to be out the door at 7:15. I shower at night, so that helps. Still, I have to get all 3 kids up, fed, and out the door as well.

It makes for hectic mornings, but I just can't get up any earlier. 6:30 is painful enough.

It could be worse, though. My husband leaves the house by 6:30 at the very latest. I don't know how he does it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a workday I am up at 5AM and I feed the cats and make coffee.
I am working out by 6AM, in the shower by 7:30 AM, and out the door by 7:50 AM.
So even longer than Kenny from start to finish
3.gif

I am so not a morning person though but I feel much better to be finished with my workout before I start work. There is no way I could have the energy to workout after I get home from a workday. No way so I just suck it up and set my alarm for 5AM.
14.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
About 45 minutes. Only 20 or so of that is spent getting ready. The rest is feeding the animals and waiting around for DH to get his butt in gear.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 11:20:49 AM
Author: elrohwen
If I''m going to work and doing the whole shower, makeup, hair, and breakfast eating, it''s an hour until I''m out the door. About 40-45 minutes to get ready then 15 min for a bowl of cereal.

Somehow it takes DH the same amount of time, even though he''s only in the shower for 15 minutes. I''m not really sure what he''s doing for the other 45 minutes
33.gif
He takes a really long time to eat breakfast and make himself a sandwich!

Kenny, how does it possibly take you that long? Do you take the doggies for a walk?
Same with my DH! He''s fast in the shower and not a slow eater... he just moves sooooo slowly when he''s getting ready! Sometimes I just want to light a fire under his tushie! I move very quickly when I''m getting ready to go somewhere so his slowness drives me mad!
3.gif

But for the original question... it takes me about 45 minutes to an hour. My mom takes about 2 hours and I never understood that either... thats valuable time that could be spent sleeping!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get up at 6:30 when I work and leave a little before 8. I eat a bowl of cereal, shower, get London up, get ready for work, take care of dishes, get London ready for school, try to get Trapper up and dressed, get JD up and then I''m off.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 11:21:08 AM
Author: LadyJane83
Wow! Mine is about a half an hour, but I eat breakfast at work. Not having kids makes it easy. I am NOT a morning person, so I always wait until the last possible minute.
Ditto every word.

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
It used to be 1.5-2+ hours but then I started a new job that is 1.5+ hours in commute time each way.

No more makeup, or thought into nice, matching clothing or socks. Always shower the night before and now I''m out in thirty minutes or less.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I take about an hour. DH takes an hour too - but he spends half of it in the shower grumbling like a cave man in an attempt to wake up.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I take an hour down to the minute. 1/2 of an hour is spent on myself (shower, makeup, hair, dressed) and the other half of an hour goes to the dogs (potty, medicine, morning brushing, take meat out of deep freezer for their dinner)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
About 45 mins to get ready. I am a morning person so I usually get up early and potter around for a while.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 1:41:01 PM
Author: Porridge
About 45 mins to get ready. I am a morning person so I usually get up early and potter around for a while.
I have never understood morning people. My mornings usually consist of getting as much cafffeine into myself as possible in an attempt to wake up enough be civil to the rest of the world.
9.gif

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
10 mins if I over slept really badly. Basically personal hygiene, clothes, grab some bread and milk, my boxed up lunch in the fridge and out the door.

About 2 hours if I wake up on time, work out, surf the net, PS, sudoku, eat, bathe and water the plants out door.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Haha Gecko- I think most people are like you. I am damn annoying in the mornings let me tell you
3.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
About 20-30 min. I shower at night and eat when I get to the office, so it''s just a matter of brushing my teeth, combing my hair, putting my face on, and dressing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
depends on what time i wake up,anywhere from 1/2 hr to 5 hrs. i go out for some coffee by noon then lunch from 1:00-3:00

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
It takes me 45-50 minutes to shower,shave,dress, and eat breakfast and then travel time to get to work .

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
1.25-1.5 hours of running
15 minutes of stretching
<5 minutes to shower (brush teeth at same time and have washed hair the night before)
<5 minutes to brush hair etc
5-10 minutes of snuggle time with DH as he is still in bed
<5 minutes to get dressed and grab something to take for breakfast/lunch
<5-10 minutes to drive to work (including stop at Tim Horton's for coffee)

Total: 2-2.25ish hours. It would clearly take me a LOT less time if I did not get up to run in the morning.

When DH has to get up early, he tends to give himself an hour (he often irons his shirt and/or pants, likes to eat a leisurely breakfast, etc).

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is making me jealous..I wish I had a normal schedule...
20.gif

Work: 1 hour=shower, breakfast, watch the news, make lunch, do makeup/hair, feed dogs/let them out
Early clinicals: 30 minutes=Shower and make lunch the night before so I wake up, do makeup/hair, feed dogs/let them out, eat breakfast on the way in
Late clinicals/school: 2 hours=go to the gym, plus everything from work days

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Get up, eat breakfast with DH and DD, wave them off, chill out with second coffee, take a shower, get dressed, get in the car, hope hair will dry hanging out of car window.
It''s around 2 hours in total, but it would be 25 minutes without that second coffee
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Mine used to be an hour...I liked having time at work before the kids came in rather than time at home before I had to leave...my dh is opposite, he likes time to relax before leaving.

Now my routine consists of getting up when ds wakes me, feeding him, working out, feeding him solids, showering, then getting him dressed (and by then it''s just about nap time for him) and then I can finally sit down and take a break even though I''m not leaving for work. That takes almost 2 hours.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Around 40 minutes. I''m not much of a morning person and it definately shows

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It takes me an hour or so but I like to have some time to myself before heading out the door. I get up at 4:30 and I leave the house around 5:30ish. I make breakfast, watch the news, and go on the computer for a bit. Sometimes if I'm feeling really energetic for some reason, I'll put a load of laundry in or clean the kitchen if needed.

ETA: I'm a morning person in that if I have something to do, I'd rather get it done earlier in the day. I don't technically have to be at work until 7:00, but I always get there about 40 minutes early. That way I have time to do my own thing before others start coming in. My husband is the complete opposite. He really should work 3rd shift or something because his best time seems to be at night. Weekends are always so much fun for us! I'm up early and ready to begin our day, begging him to get up at a reasonable hour. He thinks I'm annoyingly perky. I think he's lazy.
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m up by 5:45 or 6 and out the door at 6:45. That includes feeding the cats, making my lunch (basically throwing food in a bag), showering, dressing, hair/makeup and leaving. Breakfast is at work. I''m happy to ride the bus, it gives me another half hour nap.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results