Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We never use our front door.
I wonder if we're alone.

I always thought those private secure elevators that open directly into your condo/flat/apartment/penthouse were super cool.
I assume you need a key or a code to get the elevator to stop at your home.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even own a key to the front door.. you are not alone.. even my kids when there we younger went thru the garage.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always thru the garage, for some reason it just seems easier!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always the front door. The garage is not as convenient for us.

Front door is well lit, kept free of ice/snow and easy to get to.
Garage openers are kept locked in the house so no one can get them by breaking into the car.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thought the chimney like Santa Claus.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The front door. It's too much of a pain to scale the brick wall to the 4th story balcony to get to the back door.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1386204822|3567772 said:
though the chimney like Santa Claus.

Don't you get burnt, or dirty?
Or do you just dance around the fire?

BTW, I don't see your vote for, Other. :angryfire:

:lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always use the front door of my house, using the back door via the garden just does not seem right to me.

DK :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always come in through the garage. DH put a motion sensor light in that room which is awesome for me since I always seem to have my hands and arms full when I come home.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1386204695|3567768 said:

Garage openers are kept locked in the house so no one can get them by breaking into the car.

but how do you get the car into the garage?

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1386211203|3567874 said:

The car won't fit in the garage. It has an airplane sitting in it!
(okay.... just a set of wings, control surfaces, spare glass, extra canopy doors, a few sets of landing gear, wheels...)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You could bring your remote in with you, just like you bring your keys inside. Some of the older remotes just have a 5 digit code and are pretty easy to hack.

ETA: we almost always come in through the garage.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1386205468|3567783 said:
Dancing Fire|1386204822|3567772 said:
though the chimney like Santa Claus.

Don't you get burnt, or dirty?
Or do you just dance around the fire?

BTW, I don't see your vote for, Other. :angryfire:

:lol:
Our fireplace is a 27 yrs old virgin...never been lit... :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually enter through the garage. I don't even remember where the key to the front door is.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Back door. The driveway leads to parking behind the house, so it's just more convenient.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
The garage now that we live in NJ. We pull into the driveway on the side of the house or the garage if its cold or snowing/raining. We make sure to close the garage door before we unlock house door. It's inconvenient to have to walk all the way to the front of the house and the alarm pads are by the door in the garage, not the front of my house. Plus if we have groceries we can walk right into our kitchen with them.
In NY we went in through the front door bc it was more convenient. If we went in through our garage we would have to walk up two flights of stairs.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1386211719|3567879 said:

(okay.... just a set of wings, control surfaces, spare glass, extra canopy doors, a few sets of landing gear, wheels...)

haha, that explains it! :lol:

I keep my garage door opener in my car, so I can drive my car into the garage when I come home (obviously!), and have often wondered about someone breaking into my car (when it's parked elsewhere) just to open the glove box, find out my address from the registration, and then taking my garage door opener to my address and "breaking" in. Except there'd be no "break" because once you get into the garage, the door leading to the house is unlocked!

On the one hand I think I should take better precautions - don't keep the registration in the glove box, lock the door leading to the house - but on the other hand I think if they really want to get in it would be pretty easy to use a glass cutter to take a frame out of the french door off the back deck and just turn the knob.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1386215262|3567917 said:
TooPatient|1386211719|3567879 said:

haha, that explains it! :lol:

I keep my garage door opener in my car, so I can drive my car into the garage when I come home (obviously!), and have often wondered about someone breaking into my car (when it's parked elsewhere) just to open the glove box, find out my address from the registration, and then taking my garage door opener to my address and "breaking" in. Except there'd be no "break" because once you get into the garage, the door leading to the house is unlocked!

On the one hand I think I should take better precautions - don't keep the registration in the glove box, lock the door leading to the house - but on the other hand I think if they really want to get in it would be pretty easy to use a glass cutter to take a frame out of the french door off the back deck and just turn the knob.

That is the tricky bit! Since you're supposed to have it in the car at all times when you're driving, it would be something you'd have to keep in your wallet with your license so it wouldn't get left behind. Of course if you share a car, that complicates things...

There were cases where people did that -- and since your car was somewhere not at home they also knew you were gone.

We do have the door from the garage into the house locked so you still have to have a key to get beyond that point. DH did manage to get locked out of the house by going into the garage without a key once but I do like the added lock in case someone were to get in. We've also got monitored security so that helps too.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
This is a strange question. Kenny, are you sure you're not impersonating DF? :Up_to_something:

To answer the question, I enter my home from the front door.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually rather impressed that we have two respondents who have elevators that open to the inside of their home. :appl:

We go in by the front door. If we build a new home in the future, I will ensure it's via a door in the garage, straight into the kitchen. Great for groceries.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1386217508|3567931 said:
This is a strange question. Kenny, are you sure you're not impersonating DF? :Up_to_something:

To answer the question, I enter my home from the front door.
All of Kenny's Qs are strange.. :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always through the attached garage entry door.

We don't ever use the front door. In fact, it is kept permanently locked with a locked outer storm door that can only be unlocked from the inside. So if our garage door ever didn't open, we would essentially be locked out.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I live in a small apartment building with two heavy outer doors, used by everyone, that enclose the vestibule with the mail boxes, and then a door from the hallway to each apartment, which is the only way to enter it. (There is a second window exit in case of fire.) All of the owners are lovely people and we all have a master key that opens all our lower locks. One of the officers has keys to all the locks, top and bottom. This is for emergencies and repairs. I like having these wonderful people have access to my space in case someday I fall and can't get up!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Back when we were dating and my DH was drunk and didn't have a key to my apartment he decided climbing up 3 storeys of balconies on the outside of the building to get in was a good idea. Then he put food in the oven and passed out on the balcony in his underwear! The smoke alarms woke me up eventually but not him.

Mostly i prefer using the frontdoor but thats just me ;-)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Front door if I'm on foot ( :shock: ) or if I've parked on the street, through the garden to the back door if I've parked in the detached garage.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Maria D, you can always get one of the garage door remote key fobs that attach directly to your key chain. They are very small and that way you always carry it on you without thinking about it.

Nowadays most garage door companies offer this in addition to the large rectangular ones.

Just go online, look up your garage door name and the model and see if they offer it. They usually will offer a generic type that can fit a number of different model numbers.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Garage. We leave it open all day unless we both leave at the same time. Since we always go in & out through the garage, it's too much trouble to open & close it 65 times a day.

It's a law here that the registration has to be in the car at all times -- gives me the creeps.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Garage, I park in there so I just go through that door.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garage. The door from the garage to the kitchen is always locked though and we always keep the garage closed so that no one can tell whether we are home or out. All main exits (front, kitchen and deck doors) have dead bolts type locks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results