shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you sell jewellery you no longer want?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Was reading another thread about selling jewelry and it brought to mind a question I'm rather embarrassed to ask.

How can I sell some jewelry pieces I think I have outgrown or won't wear?

I can do Used(name of your city) or Craigslist locally, but I find that the prices are just so low, as many people don't know (or do know and are good at talking you down) what they are getting. I have done this several times for some small pieces.

I have no idea how to use any other method. Where should I start?

I'd appreciate any thoughts. I'm Canadian...that's a consideration I imagine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, are you familiar with the Pre-loved forum here on PS? It is under Forum, PriceScope Cafe. You can list items for free on loupetroupe.com or for 99 cents on Diamond Bistro. You can take a look and see the items sold on those sites. I would say that DB has more variety as in low priced to high priced items, whereas loupetroop has mostly pricescope members selling fairly nice items.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
How do you arrange for payment? Do you need to sign up with paypal?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1354075340|3317076 said:
How do you arrange for payment? Do you need to sign up with paypal?

I think paypal is the easiest way, but you could choose money orders, I suppose. I'm just not sure how it works if you sell to someone in the US (in terms of a money order).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think it depends what you have. For the most part--I take items to a jeweller in town who has a large Estate department and I get pretty good value. If it is 24K, I often go into "Chinatown" for trade. Is it possible next time you go to Vancouver, to take your items there? There are a few coasters here who might be able to give you specific names...and I can ask my sister who she uses.

Some items I have sold to friends--mostly branded items they have admired on me.

Numerous times I have simply given to my family.

cheers--Sharon

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
The item in particular I am thinking of selling is a PP strand of freshadamas and matching earrings. They were purchased a year ago, and I've only worn them a couple of times.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results