shape
carat
color
clarity

Homemade PICKLE Recipe

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is a very complex recipe :) so set aside some time. Say about 10 agonizing minutes.

1. Buy jar of pickles from the store.

2. Eat the pickles. You don't have to do this all at once, you can take your time. :bigsmile:

3. Save jar of pickle juice.

3. Buy cucumbers.

4. Slice them up. Thickish, about 1/4 inch.

And THIS is the most critical part. It's a bit complicated, so follow me closely:

5. Put sliced cucumbers in jar of pickle juice.

WHEW! Bet you're glad that's over! Wait about 2 days, then you can start eating your own "Homemade Pickles"! :appl:

Seriously though, this makes a tasty batch of pickle slices that have that fresh cucumber taste and a zesty pickle flavor. Good on a salad or a sandwich. I came up with this one day when I said "Why not try this?". And now, I'm proud to say a jar of pickle juice rarely goes to waste at my house. :D You can try to repackage your pickles in charming jars and give them as gifts, :Up_to_something: but I think the guilt would get to you.

Don't try reusing the juice a second time, by then it's a pale shadow of it's former self and pretty flavorless. :|

Enjoy! :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HEHE! Ilander this was really cute.

You can also simply put vinegar and your choice of herbs into an empty pickle jar with sliced cucumber and voila! Pickles!

SO has a co-worker who is constantly sending us pickles, sauerkraut and pickled jalapenos he makes. They are sooooo delicious.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is going to sound silly but what a timely post!

I paid 7.99 at a craft show for the most AMAZING pickles I have ever had. I'm super cheap and never would have believed you if you told me I'd pay that for a jar of pickles. I'm eating them and I think to myself 'when these are gone I'm buying small cucumbers and putting those in this jar' and then you post this days later. I'm glad to see it should work (the pickles are worth the 8$-they are AMAZING!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never would've thought of it, but LOVE the idea. It might be hard for me to master all the technique involved and will certainly take me well more than the time you, clearly an expert, require, but I too shall try it.

iLander: I so love your posts! ;))

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I love the fresh taste of those pickles. I actually can my own bread and butter (sweet) pickles and garlic dill with our garden cukes, the brine is the best part, and cutting up a cuke and making fridge pickles is yum with the leftover brine. Good recipe:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results