shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Decorating

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We often have a thread about holiday decorating, and I am rarely a contributor anymore because I no longer have a Christmas tree inside and although I have extensive decorating outside, I have no good camera and there are always cars (ours) in the way of a good shot of the whole house and fence with all the greenery!

This year I decided I wanted to pose a question, though, so I decided to start a thread in which people could both post photos of their homes and, also, ask others for decorating tips if they wanted to. (I wanted to.)

Before I asked for a tip, however, I went on-line for ideas. My question is: how can I display my collection of sterling silver Reed & Barton Christmas bells (I now have 32 of them) since I am not putting up a tree. I do not want to use up table space or space in my bay window. I would like to hang them. I was going to hang some home made pomanders (oranges stuffed with cloves hanging from individual red ribbons) in front of the bay window. (The bay window is where I have a lovely, small tree.) I could, instead, hang each bell from a string, although I am not sure yet how I would secure them (or how I will secure the oranges). Or I could hand all the bells on one strand. A horizontal strand.

Then, on-line, I saw this photo from the White House. In The White House silver bells appear to be hung in clumps with greenery as arches. Should I-could I-do that all around my window? If I do, should I drop the idea of the pomanders? Would it be too busy? I do have another bay window in the next room, but I hadn't planned to decorate it! (By the way, one pomander is already made. It smells wonderful!)

Thanks in advance for any advice. It's not as if I have time for this. My father is being discharged from the hospital (again) today and between 10 and 12 men are coming to install a storm door. The gate to our picket fence broke and my big dog Griffin escaped two days in row. My brother is coming down today to help with my father. He said he can fix the door in the gate, temporarily, with bungee cords. I have had to reinforce it with ropes to keep my 147 pound Newfie contained!

Merry Christmas to you! :wavey:

Deb/AGBF

centerhalllowerlevel.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think that hanging the bells (in small clumps) in some greenery above a window would look lovely! I would probably skip the pomanders and let the bells be the focal point. Happy decorating =)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1449676591|3959365 said:
I think that hanging the bells (in small clumps) in some greenery above a window would look lovely! I would probably skip the pomanders and let the bells be the focal point. Happy decorating =)

Thank you for your feedback, momhappy. I agree with you. I tried to write to you yesterday, but then chaos descended while my response was still on the screen, unfinished. We now have a new storm door, but it took at least four hours, maybe five or six, for two men to install it. I had no idea it would be that complicated! The house was also chock full of people since my father was coming home from the hospital and it it was ice cold! Our Newf had to be kept on a leash or else he insisted on helping the men install the door.
That kept one person busy. It was a circus.

At any rate, I think you have good taste. No pomanders where there are bells! Thank you!

Merry Christmas.

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results