shape
carat
color
clarity

Hillary Clinton diamond ring controversy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I just caught the tail end of a discussion on The View about Hillary running for prez and how it''s innapropriate for her to be flashing her bling. I can''t find a picture anywhere or any info. Does anyone know anything about this. Is it new. Is there a pic.( I don''t want this to turn into a big debate over anything, I just wanted to know about the ring.
1.gif
)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Here is a very small picture (you can zoom in but it's still too small to see the ring)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 11:51:28 AM
Author: albicocca
This claims to be the ring...but who knows if this pic is accurate.
20.gif
What tha.............
33.gif
That''s the ugliest thing I ever saw.
14.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 11:54:19 AM
Author: moon river
Date: 2/7/2006 11:51:28 AM

Author: albicocca

This claims to be the ring...but who knows if this pic is accurate.
20.gif
What tha.............
33.gif
That''s the ugliest thing I ever saw.
14.gif

Did you read the description??

"It was a ring designed by Henry Dunay. Based on the topography of Arkansas, it was set with a 4.23 carat uncut canary diamond found in a state park in Arkansas."

TOPOGRAPHY OF ARKANSAS???
14.gif
Weird!
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the controversy is about a relatively NEW ring that Bill bought her ... a 3 carat?? Looked like a white diamond in the NY Post pix I saw on The View ... will look it up & see ...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/389236p-330189c.html

The state of Bill and Hillary Clinton''s union is apparently strong - at least judging by the mongo diamond that Hillary was sporting on her ring finger yesterday.

Sources say the former President quietly gave the iceberg-sized bling - thought to exceed 3 carats - to his wife months ago, in advance of their 30th wedding anniversary on Oct. 11 last year.

But the sparkling stunner is so big that the former First Lady has been nervous about wearing it and hasn''t broken it out of her jewelry box on a regular basis until recently.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I did read that. And while the ''intention'' seems good, I would wonder what a man thought of me if he gave me that a symbol of his love. I understand they are representing Arkansas, but PPLLEEAASSEE, that''s a bit much. And if that''s the ring the big hoopla is over I don''t get it.
33.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SO SICK of these stupid comments about Hilary Clinton. Give me a frigging break. Inappropriate to show her bling? She's an 'angry' woman? PLEASE. If she had a penis, nobody would be saying anything.
20.gif

(It is an interesting rock, btw.)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Deco, just saw your post. That makes more sense. Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha is it just me or does the Topography ring have what looks like golden HAIR???

as for the 3c+ rock, Hillary should come read our ''do you feel guilty to show off your ring'' threads or whatever that keep cropping up. Just wear it and be proud Hillary!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
OKay, I''ve been looking at the glob of crud Hillary called a ring, and I can''t make heads or tails of it.. It''s like one of those pictures where it''s one thing, and you really think it''s another? Can someone point out what the hell I''m looking at? I don''t know why my brain isn''t registering the picture!
face7.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 12:18:49 PM
Author: AmberWaves
OKay, I''ve been looking at the glob of crud Hillary called a ring, and I can''t make heads or tails of it.. It''s like one of those pictures where it''s one thing, and you really think it''s another? Can someone point out what the hell I''m looking at? I don''t know why my brain isn''t registering the picture!
face7.gif
It''s NOT your brain
14.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there must be two rings people are talking about. The ring in the picture is of a yellow diamond mined in Arkansas. She wore it when Bill was govenor of of Arkansas as a commenmorative thing, state pride. It might have even been presented to her by someone.
It sounds like Bill recently gave her a 3 carat white diamond, that she has been hesitant to wear. It''s a strange thing, there are many people on this forum who have 3 carat rings, who are not famous, and many lesser celebrities that wear bigger rings than that who do not get any flack or if anything more attention because of what they wear or own. But it seems like people in politics are the exception where supposed to dress conservatively, etc. It''s kind of hypocritical, i.e. politicians that have a personal jet, millions of dollars in the bank yet dress like a cowboy, but I guess the public expects that.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
If they dug up a canary diamond in Arkansas I say we get our shovels and head that way.
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 2:05:13 PM
If they dug up a canary diamond in Arkansas I say we get our shovels and head that way.
3.gif
Haha too funny. I got mine, lets go!!
3.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 2:10:28 PM
Author: kaleigh

3.gif
Haha too funny. I got mine, lets go!!
3.gif
DeBeers Be Damned!!!!We''ll dig up our own diamonds!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm.... no, I don''t think the Dunay ring is her e-ring. It was made for that occasion.

Now, you''ve got a Dunay worshiper here, pretty darn crazy about rough gemstones used in jewelry... bad combination! I doubt it would be as easy to wipe out the political aura of the thing if it belong to a local politician, but Clinton is a far away notion - Dunay is allot more important a name in the mix. All in all, the blob ranks somewhere in my top 10 jewels of the century
9.gif
Large vivid diamond surely helps - especially given the fantastic shape!

Matter of taste... hope you don''t mind the dissent. I really do feel strongly about this one piece - silly that. It isn''t likely I''d be getting anything similar any time soon. But one can dream
38.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 12:06:32 PM
Author: Mara
haha is it just me or does the Topography ring have what looks like golden HAIR???

as for the 3c+ rock, Hillary should come read our ''do you feel guilty to show off your ring'' threads or whatever that keep cropping up. Just wear it and be proud Hillary!!
Oh, gosh, this is so funny since I have the same problem with a stone about half the size for my 30th anniversary! I know how she feels! Lol! (and let me add..she DESERVES that one from Bill!!!)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Could this possibly relate to the fact that there have been rumor since they moved to NY about how many illegal contributions they took? I remember when they got their house in NY there was quite a little media storm about it.
The only other thing I can remember about her was when she was giving a speech in NYC and said that New Jersey was once of the nicest parts of NY. When someone pointed out her mistake she said that NJ was an annex of NJ anyway.
20.gif

Personally I don’t care who wears what, I have yet to read about any honest person being elected in my lifetime to a state or higher level of office.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
Just picture all of us crazied PS''s, standing, waiting for the start, ready... set.... go!!

I wonder if we''d fight over our territory? Sling dirt? ha ha!!!

Let''s GO!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Patty, that''s exactly what I was trying to figure out! I kept studying it, and couldn''t get a hold on what I was looking at...
33.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t watch The View so I didn''t hear what their comment was on Hililary''s new ring. It''s no secret that the Clintons are well off financially. Why should she try to hide her ring, especially since it is meant to be worn as a symbol of marriage? I''m no fan of Hiliary but I think it''s silly to hide her new ring.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
they were discussing this on The View this morning and the shot was of a plain ol'' 3ct(lol) rb or cushion??, plat. looking setting. not this yellow one at all.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 4:29:30 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Patty, that''s exactly what I was trying to figure out! I kept studying it, and couldn''t get a hold on what I was looking at...
33.gif
I''m with you.. I have looked at it for a while now and don''t know what is up down left or right... is it all one stone? is it one canary diamond with a whole bunch of other stuff on the bottom?? I don''t know how she stands it, i don''t think i would want a ring that confused me so much!
face22.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
speaking of The View, did anyone notice that Star Jones had her engagement/ wedding rings on her right hand?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 7:55:59 PM
Author: Ann
speaking of The View, did anyone notice that Star Jones had her engagement/ wedding rings on her right hand?
She apparently does this because she gets some weird allergic reaction to her rings from time to time, as she puts it. One time she wore a bandaid on her ring finger and her rings on her right hand. But the funny thing I notice is, whichever hand the BLING is on is the hand she "talks" with (waves around fervently while she speaks so everyone can see the bling).
20.gif

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Really on her right hand? I''m going to have to look when I get home. I''m totally addicted to The View You guys are making me want to go home now so I can watch it on tivo!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 7:59:09 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 2/7/2006 7:55:59 PM
Author: Ann
She apparently does this because she gets some weird allergic reaction to her rings from time to time, a

Even her body chemistry is rejecting her obviously, notoriously, embarrasingly gay husband.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results