carat
color
clarity

Here's why Trump WILL be our next president

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1472247082|4070354 said:
I appreciate your response, missy, but I'm not voting for Trump. I don't support him or his views, nor do I support Hillary. Just because I don't feel comfortable labeling every Trump supporter a racist, doesn't mean that I support Trump. It just means that I don't feel like engaging in the same type of behaviors that I'm protesting (by not voting for either candidate).

momhappy by not voting you are making a choice don't you see? You either pick a candidate so your voice is heard or you don't pick a candidate but then you are making a passive choice. I do understand not having the heart to vote in this election but remember "Not to speak is to speak, not to act is to act".

“The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.”~Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1472247903|4070357 said:
kenny|1472247558|4070356 said:
AnnaH|1472246184|4070348 said:
Some seem to think being anything but a liberal makes a person a racist.
Want small government? Must be a racist.
Want borders? Must be a racist.
Want those from terrorist states to be carefully vetted before entering our country? Must be a racist. And so on.

That's wrong.
I don't think that.

How sad you think 'libs' think that.
Your bad.

I DO think Trump is an over the top racist and if a person votes for Trump they SUPPORT that.

It's not that, "Anyone who disagrees with my views is a pile of shit!" which is how I have been mischaracterized in this thread.

Word twisting and meaning twisting is rampant in this thread. :nono:

Never said all liberals think anything.

Yes you did.
"You wrote ... anything but a liberal ...
IOW all liberals ...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy|1472248085|4070361 said:
momhappy|1472247082|4070354 said:
I appreciate your response, missy, but I'm not voting for Trump. I don't support him or his views, nor do I support Hillary. Just because I don't feel comfortable labeling every Trump supporter a racist, doesn't mean that I support Trump. It just means that I don't feel like engaging in the same type of behaviors that I'm protesting (by not voting for either candidate).

momhappy by not voting you are making a choice don't you see? You either pick a candidate so your voice is heard or you don't pick a candidate but then you are making a passive choice. I do understand not having the heart to vote in this election but remember "Not to speak is to speak, not to act is to act".

“The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.”~Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States

missy - I have been told the same thing by both sides (that if I don't vote, it's a vote for Trump or if I don't vote, it's a vote for Clinton). That's an opinion that I don't share. I don't support either candidate and won't be voting for either one. I used my "voice" in the Primary election, knowing that if it ended up as Clinton Vs. Trump, that it would likely be my only voice. I won't vote for someone or something that I can't/don't support (nor will I vote "against" someone if it means for voting for someone else that I can't/don't support). I have formed my own educated opinions and I respect that others have done the same.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1472264261|4070434 said:
missy - I have been told the same thing by both sides (that if I don't vote, it's a vote for Trump or if I don't vote, it's a vote for Clinton). That's an opinion that I don't share. I don't support either candidate and won't be voting for either one. I used my "voice" in the Primary election, knowing that if it ended up as Clinton Vs. Trump, that it would likely be my only voice. I won't vote for someone or something that I can't/don't support (nor will I vote "against" someone if it means for voting for someone else that I can't/don't support). I have formed my own educated opinions and I respect that others have done the same.
That's how I feel too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472265522|4070443 said:
momhappy|1472264261|4070434 said:
That's how I feel too.

I get feeling this way. Not having the heart to vote for either candidate to the point of just not wanting to vote in this election. I felt like that too many months ago. And of course is is your right to not vote just as it is your right to vote and I respect your opinion on whatever your decision is. But if I may just share with you why I changed my mind and not trying to change yours but just sharing some thoughts.

Why I decided to vote in this election despite not having a candidate I am enthusiastically supporting.

I don't want other people making my choices for me. I want to have a voice in the things that affect me. You might not vote but one of these candidates is going to be elected so you are letting other people make the decision for you. It's the principle of the thing. Vote because you can and because it was a hard fought battle for us to get that right to vote.

I think it is very important that the person we chose to be president is someone who can represent the best of who we are as a country and let's face it. It is going to either be Clinton or Trump. Whether you vote or not. A decision will be made.

If an elected official is an enabler of destructive attitudes, anger and intolerance, then our culture will shift towards this particular mentality. By hiding your head in the proverbial sand saying I don't like either candidate so I am not voting won't change any of this and IMO is not a powerful statement. To the contrary IMO. Our ancestors have fought so hard for that right to vote yanno? People around the world are still fighting for that right. I feel it is our duty to vote but obviously not everyone feels that way.

I can see how there are reasons to dislike both candidates, just as there are reasons why we might support them, too. Pick the person you feel will do the least harm to this country if you hate both of them because it is your country too and let your voice be heard. Do you really think having Trump be the leader of the USA can do any good at all? I digress because I am not telling you who to vote for but I guess I just don't see Trump as in any way a positive influence for our country and imagine how much more hated we will be around the world if he becomes our President. The thought of him being our leader terrifies me.

Also, we are not just voting for President of the USA during these elections but other offices are being decided as well. You might want to have a voice in these decisions as they are important ones. So it is not just President/Vice President that is being decided here.

And finally, I feel it is my responsibility to vote, and I must choose. No matter how unattractive the choices may be I feel it is my duty to vote. Again no judgments from me whether you vote or not and as I said I felt exactly the same as you did many months ago but then I thought long and hard about it and ultimately this is the decision I made. That I wanted to vote despite not loving either candidate but just focusing on the best choice we have available and who I want representing us. And I knew in my heart that Donald Trump could not be that person. The voice of hate and intolerance and extremes. That is not what America is about and that is not who I want representing our country.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^yes I understand missy, but let's face it, our votes don't really matter anyway
http://hubpages.com/entertainment/4-Reasons-Why-Your-Vote-for-US-President-Doesnt-Matter
And, yes, I know a vote is about more than just a president (I posted another article about that earlier in this thread), which is another reason why I wasn't comfortable labeling EVERY Trump supporter as a racist, or an idiot, or a pile of sh*t (because people choose a candidate for different reasons).
I get it. I really do. And I'm making the choice (not voting) that works for me. Just as I respect others to make the choice that works for them.
I think we've beat this discussion to death :lol: I have enjoyed it though =)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1472258809|4070414 said:
AnnaH|1472247903|4070357 said:
kenny|1472247558|4070356 said:
AnnaH|1472246184|4070348 said:
Some seem to think being anything but a liberal makes a person a racist.
Want small government? Must be a racist.
Want borders? Must be a racist.
Want those from terrorist states to be carefully vetted before entering our country? Must be a racist. And so on.

That's wrong.
I don't think that.

How sad you think 'libs' think that.
Your bad.

I DO think Trump is an over the top racist and if a person votes for Trump they SUPPORT that.

It's not that, "Anyone who disagrees with my views is a pile of shit!" which is how I have been mischaracterized in this thread.

Word twisting and meaning twisting is rampant in this thread. :nono:

Never said all liberals think anything.

Yes you did.
"You wrote ... anything but a liberal ...
IOW all liberals ...

I clearly said "some" seem to think, not "all," but you know that, Kenny. If the shoe fits...

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
MomH, I feel an obligation to make a choice, but with the two possible choices, I understand your position. It's particularly tough this time, but I rarely vote enthusiastically anyway.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1472124237|4069886 said:
The poll mentioned in "The Washington Post" at least mentions more than two African Americans, redwood. I do not think the evidence you put forward of two conservative black men who support men who support Trump can be seen as anything other than an anomaly. I just used "The Washington Post" as a quick source for information on the latest polls. It is not the sole source of where I have been gathering information. Many brilliant people from both sides of the aisle have been speaking on Sirius radio channel POTUS, to which I listen. There is very little disagreement that Trump has no support from African Americans as of this moment.

I read your link. try this one by Charles M. Blow, who writes for "The New York Times".

"Why Blacks Loathe Trump"...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/opinion/why-blacks-loathe-trump.html?_r=0

Charles M. Blow wrote another wonderful Op.ed piece about Trump and race in "The New York Times". I am posting a link to it. I really love Mr. Blow. He is just so real, so down to earth.

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/opinion/donald-trump-does-detroit.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nov. 8 can't come soon enough for HC. She's trying to run out the clock with a small lead.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blow is a flaming liberal that I cannot stand.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1473126942|4073526 said:

But Kenny's a flaming liberal, not to mention a big old flaming queen ... but you still LOVE me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1473135635|4073561 said:

But Kenny's a flaming liberal, not to mention a big old flaming queen ... but you still LOVE me.

I do. But you do not spout nonsense in NYT. :D

To be fair to Blow, it is an Op-Ed column and he is entitled to his opinion. But his writings irritate me. He thinks he speaks for the whole of the country. Not.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1473169819|4073653 said:

To be fair to Blow, it is an Op-Ed column and he is entitled to his opinion. But his writings irritate me. He thinks he speaks for the whole of the country. Not.

True dat.
But you gotta admit, he does have a great last name. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1473169819|4073653 said:

That's not how I read him. I read that he he states what he thinks and doesn't pretend to speak for everyone. He is, however, an African American. Sometimes that gives him insight into how the African American community is viewing America. (His son, who goes to Yale, was manhandled by police on campus when they were looking for a black man in New Haven a few years ago. He wrote about how glad he was that his son had not been killed by the police.)

If Mr. Blow thinks that Donald trump is a bigot, he writes, "Donald Trump is a bigot".

In the case of this column, he actually wrote about Donald Trump:

"So, after weeks of preaching his sinister sermon of black pathology to mostly white audiences as part of his utterly fake 'black outreach' — which is in fact the effort of a bigot to disguise his bigotry — Donald Trump finally brought his message before a few mostly black audiences.

He spoke Friday to a handful of African-Americans in North Philadelphia, and as described on philly.com, told them that 'he is not a bigot, and blamed the media for portraying him that way, according to people who attended a private event.'

No sir, stop right there. We are not going to allow any deflection or redefining of words here. You are a bigot. That is not a media narrative or a fairy tale. That is an absolute truth. No one manufactured your bigotry; you manifested it.

You have proudly brandished your abrasiveness, and now you want to whine and moan about your own abrasions. Not this day. Not the next day. Not ever. You will never shake the essence of yourself. Your soul is dark, your character corrupt. You are a reprobate and a charlatan who has ridden a wave of intolerance to its crest.
"

I believe that when Mr. Blow said, "No sir, stop right there. We are not going to allow any deflection or redefining of words here. You are a bigot" it was very clear that he was speaking for himself and not attempting to imply that he was speaking for anybody else.

He was, however, speaking for me.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb,

If you look at his last 7 articles they are about Trump. He is obsessed. His Incandescent Rage is ridiculous. That is my honest opinion.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1473188731|4073778 said:
Deb,

If you look at his last 7 articles they are about Trump. He is obsessed. His Incandescent Rage is ridiculous. That is my honest opinion.

You didn't say he was obsessed, redwood. I understand being obsessed. I am obsessed, too.

You wrote, "He thinks he speaks for the whole of the country." That is accusing him of saying that what he writes-his opinion-is what is everybody believes. I am merely asserting that I disagree with that. I do not believe that he tries to say that everyone agrees with his point of view. I think that he just states his own opinion boldly, knowing that many others will disagree with it and being willing to live with those consequences.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to another wonderful (in my opinion, of course) Op.ed piece by Charles M. Blow. I may have thought that it was wrong of Hillary Clinton to denigrate voters who supported her opponent, but I think that her opponent is fair game for critics and I think that the more people who criticize him factually, articulately, and frequently prior to Election Day, the better. One might say that I am "obsessed" with saving the United States from that liar and threat, Donald Trump. It would not offend me. I watched, "Watch on the Rhine" again two nights ago. The hero said that his profession was being an anti-fascist. My kind of obsession takes no courage, of course, but I know that men of courage who did fight fascism would not mind being labelled as "obsessed" and I dare say that Charles M. Blow would not, either.

Link...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/08/opinion/donald-trump-is-lying-in-plain-sight.html?mabReward=CTM&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine

AGBF

PS-Anyone who has not seen "Watch on the Rhine" really should...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgCH91UczwM

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shhh: ..HC is the most honest person on earth... :bigsmile:

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
vtigger86 said:
:shhh: ..HC is the most honest person on earth... :bigsmile:
Prove otherwise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results