shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I think I'm going to buy something.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone care to talk me down off a ledge?
I sent my diamond out to be set a week ago and no work order yet. Too soon to call them - I know it will get done, but I have the feeling I'm going to buy something today, something that can be mailed out in a few days. Even better, that ring I saw in a B&M recently.photo_1_71.jpg
The only thing saving me from it is that one short prong : )
What is the matter with me :lol: I'm sitting here with my pretty rings - and I want more. Something big & shiny.
ugh. I did return last week's impulse buy, but here I go again.
thanks for listening. I can wishfully ask for help, but I'm probably writing to some of the best enablers around :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, just hold out! Just a little while longer. I am like you. I'm weakest when I am waiting. It will be ok. Just window shop... Go to Target or Costco. Buy a new book. :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400856379|3678768 said:
Jimmianne, just hold out! Just a little while longer. I am like you. I'm weakest when I am waiting. It will be ok. Just window shop... Go to Target or Costco. Buy a new book. :lol:

Thanks, LLJsmom
What a great idea! maybe I'll go to Amazon and look for picture books of gems.
Right after I visit WF :lol:

But glad to hear you are weakest while waiting. [WWW syndrome].
I know now it's an actual condition and not just me!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1400858214|3678791 said:
LLJsmom|1400856379|3678768 said:

Thanks, LLJsmom
What a great idea! maybe I'll go to Amazon and look for picture books of gems.
Right after I visit WF :lol:

But glad to hear you are weakest while waiting. [WWW syndrome].
I know now it's an actual condition and not just me!

no, no, no, no, no, not AFTER visting WF. And don't buy a book about gems... :-o :lol: :-o That is no help...

How about Divergence? No brainer, fun...

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do it!!!! :bigsmile:

Okay...
Maybe go back and look again but look for all of the imperfections that would drive you crazy. You know they are there. As soon as you see them you'll have to go look for something different. Repeat until your sparkles are back.

Oh -- Do NOT go to any quality stores or you may actually find something :rolleyes:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Toopatient but serious! Do it! Sometimes the thrill is in the purchase. Get it home, love it. Stare at it. Find out that after a while you want to take it off. Or its too big/small. Or the diamonds just don't glint as much as you'd hoped. Or...Then return it.

If none of those things happen, it is a worthy purchase, so keep it! :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know that I would have the willpower to let a little prong issue stop me from buying that bodacious babe of a ring. Sorry, I'm no help!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Minou! Go for it, Jimmianne. There are days when you just need a new sparkly thing. It's a genetic need so don't fight it. :naughty: So, if you take it back in a few days, it fixed you up when the hankering was too much. Or you might be in love with it, even better.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bad, bad, bad!! you all are no help!! :lol:

Don't listen to them Jimmianne! Stay strong!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400875412|3678977 said:

Reading all these posts makes me laugh.
It helps! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I can't offer any words of comfort or helpful ideas. Patience and I are complete strangers and waiting for jewelry is a torture I understand. It is a good thing we have PS where people understand these weaknesses. Hang in there, be strong!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous! Don't discriminate against the little prong! It has feelings! Give it a loving home :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need a bling Intervention. I find a nice meal and shoe shopping are good distractions. :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1400891000|3679069 said:
You need a bling Intervention. I find a nice meal and shoe shopping are good distractions. :lol:

This just causes shoe over population in my closet... And still craving bling.. Or I start buying shoes with Blingy things... :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that ring a lot! I didn't even notice anything off with the prongs. I can't imagine it would be noticeable in real life viewing.

But I will also tell you what I tell myself frequently...wait until there is something you love so much that you just have to get it! I enjoy having a project going all the time, but realistically, I'd really rather have one great thing a year than 5-6 things that aren't. However, I may have to compromise because I don't have the patience to wait a year for something new! :lol:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
While I was waiting for my BGD five stone I inquired about two other rings :Up_to_something: But I realized my eyes were bigger than my wallet :-o

I'm glad I didn't indulge, I ended up with a big vet bill this week for my dog. Plus I have four gem stones I want to set eventually.
And I'm drooling over yellow diamonds :cheeky:

Be strong! You can do it ;))
No time to do a thread right now but here's a bit of eye candy for you 8)

4908_brian_gavin_5_stone_ring_kwolff_5b.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1400888852|3679059 said:
That ring is gorgeous! Don't discriminate against the little prong! It has feelings! Give it a loving home :love:

:appl: :lol:

Yes, that would be discrimination now, wouldn't it?!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1400893855|3679099 said:
arkieb1|1400891000|3679069 said:

This just causes shoe over population in my closet... And still craving bling.. Or I start buying shoes with Blingy things... :bigsmile:

Yes this is true, clothing and shoes only provide a temporary distraction for me to. :shock: O.K what else can we suggest, download something upbeat on the Ipad and go for a run or two or ten instead and if you still can't get the ring out of your mind then it's either meant to be yours :lol: or the only thing that will cure it is something else that is even better again ;-)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting mixed messages here, you guys :lol: I think what you're telling me is to be strong and only buy something I really love
...? Something tiny, like a ring, since shoes take up space ....? :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1400901026|3679128 said:
Be strong! You can do it ;))
No time to do a thread right now but here's a bit of eye candy for you 8)

The most inspiring post yet. That's the kind of thing that makes the wait totally worth it. Hurry up with that thread!!! =)
Gosh, that's gorgeous.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's ironic you would post this now..I have the same dilema I found a ring I REALLY want but I have absolutely no use for it, I seldom wear the rings I own including my wedding set..but dang i want it...its on Ebay and I let the listing expire, with a lot of will power..it didnt sell and it is relisted :errrr: I have so many expenses coming up (my son is a senior this upcoming school year) that I really cant afford to spend the money..but i really want it.

Anyway that is a beautiful ring and the short prong wouldnt bother me :wink2:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Jimmi's gonna pull an Andelain! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1400949060|3679281 said:
Jimmi's gonna pull an Andelain! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Indeed!
You have outstanding insight!

I was so afraid I was going to have an impulse and buy something I didn't need.
I needed this as soon as I saw it.
& It's just a tiny thing. :lol:

p1090877.jpg
p1090887.jpg
I'm laughing to myself right now because obviously I have no self-control :lol:
Is that a bad thing? :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1400929844|3679183 said:
It's ironic you would post this now..I have the same dilema I found a ring I REALLY want but I have absolutely no use for it, I seldom wear the rings I own including my wedding set..but dang i want it...its on Ebay and I let the listing expire, with a lot of will power..it didnt sell and it is relisted :errrr: I have so many expenses coming up (my son is a senior this upcoming school year) that I really cant afford to spend the money..but i really want it.

Anyway that is a beautiful ring and the short prong wouldnt bother me :wink2:

I hope you have more will power that I did. =) What's it like?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1400966466|3679390 said:
Andelain|1400949060|3679281 said:

Indeed!
You have outstanding insight!

I was so afraid I was going to have an impulse and buy something I didn't need.
I needed this as soon as I saw it.
& It's just a tiny thing. :lol:

p1090877.jpg
p1090887.jpg
I'm laughing to myself right now because obviously I have no self-control :lol:
Is that a bad thing? :lol:

Oh I really like this! What is it exactly? and get a hold of yourself!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="hathalove|
Oh I really like this! What is it exactly? and get a hold of yourself![/quote]

Hi Hatha - Thanks! NOW I'm OK for a while. haha =)
It's a little 4mm half eternity band - the "flowers" and the single stone prongs are E/W like my ACA prongs. I'm calling it a match!

Now it's your turn to get in trouble =) :devil:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1400875412|3678977 said:

ah LLJsmom, I feel as though I've let you down! :lol: I promise to stay strong from now on "to the best of my ability".

With Andelain as a role model that may be difficult...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results