shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaii in the Fall?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dh and I are thinking Hawaii for our 10th which is actually in like 3 weeks. We are thinking fall. Each time we've gone it's been July/Aug. Which is why we're thinking Fall/Late Fall. Is Late Sept/October a bad time to go to Hawaii, as in raining a lot?

We considered early December but my parents are trying to talk us out of that bec of it being high season. I cannot do November bec my boss will be out of town then for conferences and we both cannot be gone at the same time and we also spend Thanksgiving week with my inlaws out of town. January might be good to avoid the winter weather, but again--high season.

We've done Big Island, Maui and Oahu. I personally love Maui and Waikiki but I like shopping and restaurants. DH liked Maui a lot. I think he felt like it was the right balance. I liked the Big Island but it didn't have enough "stuff." We have never done Kauai and my parents like that one a lot, they love to golf and I think there's a nice course or two there. But we are both like "we might get bored there..." lol. We are not constant beachgoers.

We even thought "hey we could fly right from Thanksgiving to Hawaii" but that won't work for me with work.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been to Hawaii many times in October. The rates are a little lower at that time on Maui (our favorite island) because it's not quite whale season yet, and families with school age kids are generally gone by that time. No screaming kids on the beach.
The weather is 78-82 degrees most of the time. It rains a little (more like a mist), but that's OK. It has never interfered with any plans we had.
I think it's a good time to go!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1434855094|3892029 said:
I've been to Hawaii many times in October. The rates are a little lower at that time on Maui (our favorite island) because it's not quite whale season yet, and families with school age kids are generally gone by that time. No screaming kids on the beach.
The weather is 78-82 degrees most of the time. It rains a little (more like a mist), but that's OK. It has never interfered with any plans we had.
I think it's a good time to go!

I agree! I've been in November and December. Exactly as stracci described. Better deal too.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We're going in November, so I'm hoping it will be just as stracci2000 described. We've been in February before and the weather was absolutely beautiful.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
We went beginning of November 2014, it was lovely weather. Minimal rain, lower rates and not too busy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh excellent! Good to know! I think I will suggest late Sept early Oct to him then and see what he thinks. I can't make too many plans until work settles down, which I am really hoping happens in the next couple weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results