shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you not worn your ering to a job interview?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if i was the boss i'd hire the gal with the most blings... :wink2:

Alyeska

Rough_Rock
I am so glad I came across this post. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences it has given me much to think about.

I have never considered taking off jewelry, e-ring or otherwise, except for a job that would require it such as in a safety/manufacturing setting that required it, or a food-based organization. I worked in a bakery where absolutely no jewelry was allowed for health and safety reasons.

I am so excited to have my new ring I would hate to have to take it off now. =) =) I noticed quite a few of you said you don't wear you ring to work, for understandable reasons. A question for you, assuming you work 40+hrs week and this is a large chunk of the week, well I guess my question is, when do you wear it? Did you receive it from your FI not realizing he would purchase something you wouldn't be able to actually wear and get use of? Are you upset you can't wear it now?

I can understand where people make assumptions even if they shouldn't, but how many of these women are buying themselves their e-rings? I believe the tradition is still for the man to purchase and present it to the woman. Assuming this is the case, why would it be out of the ordinary for a barista to marry a well-to-do man, or a woman to be a stay at home mom (and have the bling) because of a spouse that is able to provide for both?

If a woman is single and has a fabulous piece of jewelry, I can see where it may raise questions, but maybe it was her late mother's, passed down from a relative or she has inheritance or other funds she doesn't disclose publically. I usually think of my friends that don't work, they have the best bling and it's because they either have families that can support them, or a spouse that can. I wonder what people think of them and where they get their e-rings from when they are volunteering at the local food pantry or library...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Granted I haven't been to a job interview in 8 years, I do lots of interviews and never paid much attention to people's blings nor would it have an impact on my decision to hire them. I have never been judged by my marital status or the size of my bling probably because of the field.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results