shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you had any cosmetic procedures or surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo - my DH had that done last fall and was thrilled with the results. You get used to limited breathing and once it's all open it's great. He's a wuss and came thru fine. He didn't even use half his pain meds. The nose packing is uncomfortable, but not painful. If you are thinking about it start early. He got referred a few times bc the docs specialize if the deviation is at the front or back so it took longer than expected. It has helped significantly with fewer sinus infections, too.

If I didn't have a needle phobia I would get my eyelids done. I look sleepy all the time and hate it. They were always a little droopy, but now that I'm in my 40s they rest on my eyelashes. I looked at eyelash extensions as a way to help, but they are really expensive and time consuming.

Not plastic surgery, but I did have laser hair removal and would highly recommend it. It isn't 100%, but I went from shaving my legs daily to 1-2 times a week. Big improvement.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
lioness|1395548620|3639714 said:
manderz|1395519545|3639501 said:
lioness|1395518014|3639488 said:
I had Lasik years ago, after my ophthalmologist put his foot down and forbade me from wearing contacts ever again because my eyes are extremely sensitive. Five minutes on each eye, if that, and done. Two hours later, I was transfixed by the sight of individual leaves on trees....

Do be careful, however, driving at night for about a year afterwards. You may see halos around lights.

Thanks. I kind of already have them with my glasses, and am cool with it even if I have them forever, if they are equal to what I have with my glasses. I'm hoping I won't, obviously, but I am prepared for them.

They are far bigger and hazier than the halos you get from glasses. The first time I drove at night after the surgery was scary. However, they will diminish over time, and one day you'll notice that you're no longer seeing them.

I have to disagree. My halos worsened over time, and as I said earlier, I now need glasses to drive. I went back to my surgeon last year and he told me that because I am over 40 now (I am 45) that my vision will continually decline. He offered to give me a "touch up" but stated that I would need to keep coming back every year or so for additional touch ups. I bit the bullet and got the glasses.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1395516304|3639480 said:
msop04|1395513679|3639447 said:
I just wanted to add that not everyone who has kids, has issues afterwards. My body was pretty much the same (and maybe even a little bit better) after having children. I carried babies to term, breastfeed each of them for 6 months, and everything pretty much went back to the way it was before. Getting pregnant/having babies does not necessarily mean that your body goes to h*ll. Sure, you should expect some changes (some of them permanent) and that varies from woman to woman, but there are women who don't have lasting, major effects post-pregnancy:)

And those women should be beaten. Severely.

Said w/aaaallll the love a squishy saggy lopsided boobs haven't lost the baby weight in 10 years woman can bestow.

:saint:

This made me laugh, packrat! :lol: :lol: ...I know about weight issues -- the struggle is real. ::)

The point of my post about post-pregnancy bodies was just that pregnancy affects everyone differently, but that one shouldn't necessarily expect a negative outcome. I have always been active and I've worked out for as long as I can remember. I worked out before, during, and after pregnancy, so I attribute some of my ability to "bounce back" to my diligence in the gym. I realize that weight is a struggle for many women and pregnancy certainly can take its toll.

No, I think it is more about elasticity in the skin. I was an athlete 10 years before my pregnancy and continued to hit the gym during and after. Still, no such luck for me. I'm not referring to the weight, but to the sagging and extra skin, and all the issues that compel women to get mommy make-overs.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone should be free to acheive the body they feel most confident and comfortable in without judgment. However I have to say, I find women so beautiful after having children. Those battle scars so to speak that we rebel against are a living breathing testament to the amazing things our bodies are capable of. We are the givers of life! Do what you have to do to be confident, but I always feel so bad for the mothers who feel pressured to look exactly like they did in college after they have kids. Of course your body is going to be different. It might even be better, but still... it's ok that it has changed.

I also find grey and white hair gorgeous. It shows wisdom and confidence in how far you've come in life. That's how I feel about it anyway. I just want to age and embrace that process but maybe with better smaller boobs (that don't wreck my back and make clothes shopping impossible) and a flatter tummy :lol:

Anyway, a good surgeon will make subtle enough changes in a "Wow, she looks so good!" instead of "Is she trying to frown?" way.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1395533618|3639638 said:
Sakuracherry|1395518594|3639493 said:
yenny,

For Asians with heavy eyelids, some skin and fat inside have to be removed and double eyelid lines need to be reconstructed. Levator muscle needs to be tightened and reattached to eyelids as well. I believe the latter part is same for other races. The area around eyes will be swollen for a few weeks. If the doctor stitches double eyelid lines, threads need to be removed in two weeks or so. The cost of surgery in the U.S is about a few thousands. I'll probably have it done back home because I need to make sure that my double eye lid line looks identical to the one on my right eye. If your eyelids are bothering you, I recommend that you talk to your doctor first. Maybe your insurance will cover the cost of surgery.

Thanks sakuracherry....I'm an "age gracefully", "no plastic surgery" kind of girl (mostly because I'm a wimp!), but knowing that fixing my eyelid might be a possibility is enough to make me strongly consider consulting a surgeon! Please keep me posted about your progress and decisions and the end result. I'll be sure to do the same...now, if the dr. offered to throw in a boob lift and "cottage cheese thigh sucker outer" during the eyelid lift, I wouldn't complain! :lol: ;-)

Yennyfire, I'm all about "aging gracefully" - especially since my mother looks great. But the one thing my mother told me I should do, and do earlier rather than later, is blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). My mom's eyelids drooped so much, that by the time she was 60, she lost 30% of her vision due to the sag. Therefore insurance picked up the cost - but insurance isn't going to do any favors and cover a lot...so instead of going to a top plastic surgeon, she did at at the ophthalmologist. He did the job, but aesthetically it wasn't perfect - leaving knotty scarring, etc. She told me to do it and do it young...AND to do it with a good cosmetic surgeon. They say if you want to know how you will age, look at your mom. Well, I can already see she is right...my eyelids are starting to droop and I'm 41.

I just hate to mess with my face NOW, when I feel it's fine. But doing it now would mean it's less dramatic, appearance wise, then doing it when you're older. Also recovery is a lot faster when you're younger. The nice part is they say most people only need it done once it their life, so I guess getting it over and done with early would be nice. I just hate the thought of "altering" my face in any way, but this really is preventative so that I don't lose vision later.

I still have time to think about it, so maybe in a year or two. I'm just stalling. :)

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is that it would be better to do the surgery when you need to have it done instead of earlier. It's possible that you won't have the problem your mother did. I'm not a doctor.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year at the age of 58 I had a full face lift (forehead, mid-face, neck). I had it done April 9 and was completely healed when I went to the Pricescope get together in Vegas at the end of May.

My face swelled for 3 days post-surgery and then the swelling began to recede. My face sort of resembled a full moon. The bruises on my face were minimal. I had a whopper of a bruise running from above my collar bone down my chest from the neck lift which consisted of a tiny incision on my chin. The bruise looked like an alien and I became quite fond of it, especially when it was lime green & purple :bigsmile: The bruise didn't hurt. Other than that, the worst bruising was near my eyes which looked like I got punched -- deep dark purple. I hated the idea of having incisions made in my lower lash lines but had no pain and no scarring when healed.

There was no pain with the forehead & mid-face lift. My throat was wicked sore for a week, like a really bad sore throat, from the neck lift.

I was surprised at the minimal bruising and delighted by how rapidly I healed. I'm happy I had it done.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1395615220|3640038 said:
Last year at the age of 58 I had a full face lift (forehead, mid-face, neck). I had it done April 9 and was completely healed when I went to the Pricescope get together in Vegas at the end of May.

My face swelled for 3 days post-surgery and then the swelling began to recede. My face sort of resembled a full moon. The bruises on my face were minimal. I had a whopper of a bruise running from above my collar bone down my chest from the neck lift which consisted of a tiny incision on my chin. The bruise looked like an alien and I became quite fond of it, especially when it was lime green & purple :bigsmile: The bruise didn't hurt. Other than that, the worst bruising was near my eyes which looked like I got punched -- deep dark purple. I hated the idea of having incisions made in my lower lash lines but had no pain and no scarring when healed.

There was no pain with the forehead & mid-face lift. My throat was wicked sore for a week, like a really bad sore throat, from the neck lift.

I was surprised at the minimal bruising and delighted by how rapidly I healed. I'm happy I had it done.

Do you have any before/after pics? I'd love to see the transformation! I told DH that I'm having a brow lift at 50. LOL

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1395616894|3640059 said:
Do you have any before/after pics? I'd love to see the transformation! I told DH that I'm having a brow lift at 50. LOL

I'll have to work up the courage to post my homely mug on the internet.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1395584405|3639800 said:
I have not had any procedures yet, but am considering dark spot removal and perhaps a little botox to remove 2 tiny vertical lines between my brows. Other than those 2 things, I'm happy with the way I look at 41.

Interesting fact I discovered while thinking about this cosmetic surgery question.....the 3 friends of mine who got self esteem boosts from a mommy makeover (boob job, and tummy tuck) All left their husbands within 2 years of the surgery. So I told my husband, that would be his warning that I'm about to be on the hunt for husband 2.0!
Let me know when your ready!... :naughty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
braga123|1395591460|3639855 said:
momhappy|1395516304|3639480 said:
msop04|1395513679|3639447 said:
I just wanted to add that not everyone who has kids, has issues afterwards. My body was pretty much the same (and maybe even a little bit better) after having children. I carried babies to term, breastfeed each of them for 6 months, and everything pretty much went back to the way it was before. Getting pregnant/having babies does not necessarily mean that your body goes to h*ll. Sure, you should expect some changes (some of them permanent) and that varies from woman to woman, but there are women who don't have lasting, major effects post-pregnancy:)

And those women should be beaten. Severely.

Said w/aaaallll the love a squishy saggy lopsided boobs haven't lost the baby weight in 10 years woman can bestow.

:saint:

This made me laugh, packrat! :lol: :lol: ...I know about weight issues -- the struggle is real. ::)

The point of my post about post-pregnancy bodies was just that pregnancy affects everyone differently, but that one shouldn't necessarily expect a negative outcome. I have always been active and I've worked out for as long as I can remember. I worked out before, during, and after pregnancy, so I attribute some of my ability to "bounce back" to my diligence in the gym. I realize that weight is a struggle for many women and pregnancy certainly can take its toll.

No, I think it is more about elasticity in the skin. I was an athlete 10 years before my pregnancy and continued to hit the gym during and after. Still, no such luck for me. I'm not referring to the weight, but to the sagging and extra skin, and all the issues that compel women to get mommy make-overs.

Any number of factors can affect a woman before, during, and after pregnancy. Things like genetics, skin, weight gain, etc. can all have an effect. I don't attribute my ability to bounce back to any one, particular thing. I said that I felt that the fact that I was in shape before & during pregnancy, was helpful to (but not entirely responsible for) my recoveries. Obviously, something like sagging skin isn't going to be fixed by working out, but again, not every woman has sagging skin after a pregnancy.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have not had any procedures yet, but am considering dark spot removal and perhaps a little botox to remove 2 tiny vertical lines between my brows. Other than those 2 things, I'm happy with the way I look at 41.

Interesting fact I discovered while thinking about this cosmetic surgery question.....the 3 friends of mine who got self esteem boosts from a mommy makeover (boob job, and tummy tuck) All left their husbands within 2 years of the surgery. So I told my husband, that would be his warning that I'm about to be on the hunt for husband 2.0!

It's funny that you say this because this is my experience too. A woman in my social circle got a mommy make-over after having 3 children and about a year later, she cheated on her husband and they got divorced. Her life has been a real train wreck since then (crazy boyfriends, drugs, etc.) and I sometimes wonder if she regretted her choices.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never understood why women wanted to mess around with their body for no good reasons... :wacko: :confused:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Most people that I know that have had cosmetic surgery, do have good reasons (or they wouldn't be having the procedures in the first place). I suppose what might be considered a "good" reason to one person, may not for another, but what someone chooses to do with their own body is not really for the rest of us to understand:)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TravelingGal|1395612610|3640020 said:
yennyfire|1395533618|3639638 said:
Sakuracherry|1395518594|3639493 said:
yenny,

For Asians with heavy eyelids, some skin and fat inside have to be removed and double eyelid lines need to be reconstructed. Levator muscle needs to be tightened and reattached to eyelids as well. I believe the latter part is same for other races. The area around eyes will be swollen for a few weeks. If the doctor stitches double eyelid lines, threads need to be removed in two weeks or so. The cost of surgery in the U.S is about a few thousands. I'll probably have it done back home because I need to make sure that my double eye lid line looks identical to the one on my right eye. If your eyelids are bothering you, I recommend that you talk to your doctor first. Maybe your insurance will cover the cost of surgery.

Thanks sakuracherry....I'm an "age gracefully", "no plastic surgery" kind of girl (mostly because I'm a wimp!), but knowing that fixing my eyelid might be a possibility is enough to make me strongly consider consulting a surgeon! Please keep me posted about your progress and decisions and the end result. I'll be sure to do the same...now, if the dr. offered to throw in a boob lift and "cottage cheese thigh sucker outer" during the eyelid lift, I wouldn't complain! :lol: ;-)

Yennyfire, I'm all about "aging gracefully" - especially since my mother looks great. But the one thing my mother told me I should do, and do earlier rather than later, is blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). My mom's eyelids drooped so much, that by the time she was 60, she lost 30% of her vision due to the sag. Therefore insurance picked up the cost - but insurance isn't going to do any favors and cover a lot...so instead of going to a top plastic surgeon, she did at at the ophthalmologist. He did the job, but aesthetically it wasn't perfect - leaving knotty scarring, etc. She told me to do it and do it young...AND to do it with a good cosmetic surgeon. They say if you want to know how you will age, look at your mom. Well, I can already see she is right...my eyelids are starting to droop and I'm 41.

I just hate to mess with my face NOW, when I feel it's fine. But doing it now would mean it's less dramatic, appearance wise, then doing it when you're older. Also recovery is a lot faster when you're younger. The nice part is they say most people only need it done once it their life, so I guess getting it over and done with early would be nice. I just hate the thought of "altering" my face in any way, but this really is preventative so that I don't lose vision later.

I still have time to think about it, so maybe in a year or two. I'm just stalling. :)

Definitely food for thought TGal! I hear ya about being chicken...I'm such a baby about things!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1395618844|3640084 said:
Lil Misfit|1395616894|3640059 said:

I'll have to work up the courage to post my homely mug on the internet.

LM, I'd like to have a brow lift too.

I'd like to see transformation pics too...my mom has "joked" (I say that bc I know she really wants to) about getting a facelift since she was like...40 I think. It's been a long time anyway. She's looked into that one that advertises on tv all the time-Lifestyle Lift I think it's called? But then she doesn't want to spend the money.

I had braces in 8th/9th grade but didn't wear my retainer properly after, so my teeth went back to crooked.

London has a retainer now, but not the kind w/metal on the front, it has a rubber band. She had a permanent tooth that came in totally wonky-the thing almost stuck straight *out*, and she had another permanent tooth behind/under it! We ended up having to pull all four pointy baby teeth to give enough room for the teeth to spread out and for there to be room for the rest of her permanents. So the rubber band goes over the front of her top teeth and pushes the tooth down. It's been amazing. Literally we could see a difference in a couple weeks. She's had it a couple months now and it's almost perfectly in line w/the rest of the teeth. She'll still have to have braces in a few years.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny,

I'll keep you updated. Maybe I'll post a picture if I get it done next year.

Traveling gal,

I cannot agree more with you. My mother is in her 60s and she keeps complaining about her heavy eyelids and how her eyelashes hurt her eye. I'm still in my mid 20s, but my left eyelid started drooping 10 years ago. I don't think it's a good idea to wait for another 10 years. I hope you find a good doctor.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone who's had a rhinoplasty tell me about the recovery? Thanks:)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1395621421|3640121 said:

It's funny that you say this because this is my experience too. A woman in my social circle got a mommy make-over after having 3 children and about a year later, she cheated on her husband and they got divorced. Her life has been a real train wreck since then (crazy boyfriends, drugs, etc.) and I sometimes wonder if she regretted her choices.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry this totally gave me a tickle! I don't think you can blame the surgery. It goes back full circle to page 1 on here when the difference was made about doing PS for your inner or outter self. I think the women you knew probably did it for their outer selves.

But for the record I don't plan on leaving my husband in the next year or so. He is my real life Romeo and ANYTHING after him is a definite downgrade. Plus he makes me :lickout:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1395666534|3640347 said:
momhappy|1395621421|3640121 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry this totally gave me a tickle! I don't think you can blame the surgery. It goes back full circle to page 1 on here when the difference was made about doing PS for your inner or outter self. I think the women you knew probably did it for their outer selves.

But for the record I don't plan on leaving my husband in the next year or so. He is my real life Romeo and ANYTHING after him is a definite downgrade. Plus he makes me :lickout:

No one here said that any blame is placed on the surgeries - we simply posted our experiences with women that we've known who have had a mommy makeover.
Also, when it comes to cosmetic surgery, I don't think that people have it for only one reason (an inner self OR an outer self). Clearly, cosmetic procedures address issues that we have with our outer selves, so to say that it is done entirely for our inner selves, is simply not true. People have cosmetic surgery for a variety of reasons, but it affects one's inner self and outer self (In other words, we do it to look better on the outside AND feel better on the inside). Those two things can not be separated in my opinion.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1395637022|3640257 said:
Yenny,

Traveling gal,

I cannot agree more with you. My mother is in her 60s and she keeps complaining about her heavy eyelids and how her eyelashes hurt her eye. I'm still in my mid 20s, but my left eyelid started drooping 10 years ago. I don't think it's a good idea to wait for another 10 years. I hope you find a good doctor.

I'm in LA...there are definitely no shortage of plastic surgeons. :cheeky:

I'm still going to wait a bit. Just thinking about it. I hate to do it, honestly, but I remember my mom was so bothered by the "dark spots" in vision. It was like if you covered your eye partially with your finger - parts of her vision were blocked out and it drove her to distraction because she just wanted to move the skin out of the way.

Still, I just hate to mess with my face...especially the eyes!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TravelingGal|1395676642|3640419 said:
Sakuracherry|1395637022|3640257 said:
Yenny,

Traveling gal,

I'm in LA...there are definitely no shortage of plastic surgeons. :cheeky:

I'm still going to wait a bit. Just thinking about it. I hate to do it, honestly, but I remember my mom was so bothered by the "dark spots" in vision. It was like if you covered your eye partially with your finger - parts of her vision were blocked out and it drove her to distraction because she just wanted to move the skin out of the way.

Still, I just hate to mess with my face...especially the eyes!

I totally get where you're coming from TGal! Doing anything on my face terrifies me!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
momhappy|1395662062|3640316 said:

What would you like to know? I was recommended for septoplasty and turbinate reduction due to chronic sinus infections a couple of years ago, so I asked the ENT if he could take the hump off my nose as well at the same time. The ENT said he didn't do cosmetic surgery, but he works with a plastic surgeon who does and I could have all 3 procedures (septo, turbinate reduction, and rhino) done at the same time. I didn't have nasal packing afterwards, but I had so much done at once recovery was tough. I think it was about a full week before I could breathe through my nose. However, outer bruising and swelling was minimal. I would do it again, but I wish I had about 10 full days to recover rather than just a week. It really depends on your surgery what recovery is like though. I didn't have any bones broken during surgery so it's different depending on what procedure you have.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395622498|3640132 said:
^Most people that I know that have had cosmetic surgery, do have good reasons (or they wouldn't be having the procedures in the first place). I suppose what might be considered a "good" reason to one person, may not for another, but what someone chooses to do with their own body is not really for the rest of us to understand:)

This is a very true statement, momhappy. Although I've had a few things "tweaked," there are still several other procedures I'd ultimately like to have done. I will admit that I am terrified of getting older/aging, esp since my husband is 6 years younger (people think we're the same age or he's older all the time -- love that!!! ...and wanna keep it that way!) ;))

My husband thinks I'm insane, but I truly feel better about my inner and outer self after each one, regardless of what is done. :praise: I have a gap on either side of my bottom row of teeth, and it would be super easy and relatively inexpensive to fix (via Invisalign) with no down time... however DH is adamant that he likes my little gaps, telling me he thinks they're "cute." It has bothered me for a long time, so part of me thinks he's just saying that so I won't spend the $$$! :| Needless to say, I plan on getting quotes on my next routine appt. :Up_to_something: :lol:

I've been told that my priorities will change as soon as there are children in the picture... which kinda supports my theory that it's best to be selfish while I can and do all this stuff now! LOL :naughty: :lol: :bigsmile:

Edited for ridiculously bad typos... :-o

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a mole removed, as well as laser treatment to reduce pigmentation on other moles, all on my face.

DK :))

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
NewShiny|1395699950|3640644 said:

What would you like to know? I was recommended for septoplasty and turbinate reduction due to chronic sinus infections a couple of years ago, so I asked the ENT if he could take the hump off my nose as well at the same time. The ENT said he didn't do cosmetic surgery, but he works with a plastic surgeon who does and I could have all 3 procedures (septo, turbinate reduction, and rhino) done at the same time. I didn't have nasal packing afterwards, but I had so much done at once recovery was tough. I think it was about a full week before I could breathe through my nose. However, outer bruising and swelling was minimal. I would do it again, but I wish I had about 10 full days to recover rather than just a week. It really depends on your surgery what recovery is like though. I didn't have any bones broken during surgery so it's different depending on what procedure you have.

One of my concerns is not being able to breathe out of my nose (due to swelling, etc.) after the procedure. I have read that the congestion can last for weeks and that absolutely terrifies me - I have this weird thing about congestion. I get sort of nervous/anxious when I'm congested and I can't sleep (I mean literally can't sleep - there have been times when I've been up all night when I'm congested).

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1395703391|3640683 said:
NewShiny|1395699950|3640644 said:

One of my concerns is not being able to breathe out of my nose (due to swelling, etc.) after the procedure. I have read that the congestion can last for weeks and that absolutely terrifies me - I have this weird thing about congestion. I get sort of nervous/anxious when I'm congested and I can't sleep (I mean literally can't sleep - there have been times when I've been up all night when I'm congested).

I had packing for about 5 days and had to wear this piece of rolled up gauze with 2 rubber bands on either side that wrapped around my ears during that time, to catch any fluid that would leak out (they called it a "bunny". LOL). My bones were broken, so my recovery was probably a bit worse than New Shiny. I got used to breathing through my mouth during that time. I was pretty doped up on Vicodin the whole time, but I don't remember it being unbearable or anything. I didn't have a lot of congestion afterward, but rather an abundance of dried gunk up there that I literally had to pick out to get relief (I know...gross! Ha ha!) My surgery was done at a clinic, where my doctor also lived, not in a hospital. I was put into a twilight sleep as opposed to general anesthesia, and I stayed there for a week, so my doctor was available for me 24/7. I also had mentoplasty and chin liposuction done at the same time as my rhinoplasty, so my whole face was pretty sore for a while. But, it was totally worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I hated my profile before the surgery and now I feel like I look "normal".

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The surgeon that I've consulted with (and when I say "consulted" it was not at an official appointment because he happens to be a friend of mine) does not utilize packing - just a splint. He told me to stop by the office some day and we can chat in more detail. I'm soooooo tempted. He's incredibly talented, Board certified, ad his favorite procedure is rhinoplasty.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would like to have my eyelids "fixed" at some point. I have double eyelids, but they're beginning to droop and my dad's eyes are so bad, they cover at least half of his eyes. I know for a fact he has trouble reading. I totally take after him, so I know what's coming! :nono:

I also have nasal labial folds and lines at the corners of my mouth, which make me look "tired" (for lack of a better word). I'd like to have them fixed somehow to look more refreshed. I don't want to go for a face-lift b/c the rest of my face and my neck look fine. I wonder what would be the best procedure? I never used to be bothered but this "friend" keeps pointing them out and now am really bothered by them!

Someone I knew has had Juvederm Voluma but I think it's b/c she has/ had shrunken cheeks and probably more wrinkles and they put nice cheekbones on her face. I have naturally high cheekbones so would not want this procedure. Anyway, I think Juverderm injections really change the look of your face (I mean you look like you're a different person and you also look a bit "plastic-y"). I just want to look like me, but refreshed and not tired.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix - have a read of my post on page 1. I had the nasal to mouth folds corrected with collagen filler almost 2 weeks ago & I say DO IT. Very painless & a HUGE transformation to my otherwise aging-very-well face :saint:

Let me know if you want anymore information about exactly what happened :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results