shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you had any cosmetic procedures or surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! confidence boost.. I so understand this.. I added to my first post that no one ever said a thing to me.. it was how I felt about ME... if you do it for a guy, a job etc that could be a wrong move.. but I spent that hard earned money because inside I did not like me and wanted to improve me.. like I said I was not perfect but I felt perfect to me after the surgery!

quote="SB621|1395515725|3639470"]
Tekate|1395515545|3639468 said:
1985 Mastopexy.. new split from shithead exhusband (yay!) had the money, was a GREAT, got remarried had 2 kids, need another one ;-) I will say in all honesty - I'm glad I did it, I'd do it again and cosmetic surgery is for the inner, not the outer you.. I was not perfect after the surgery but the inner me felt much better.

:wavey: :wavey:

This exactly! Since my MM I have felt so much better about myself. I used to constantly complain about how I looked in everything and how I felt large. While I'm still not slim or have supermodel looks PS has definitely been a huge confidence boost.[/quote]

SB621

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1395511963|3639439 said:
I wasn't sure if it would count as cosmetic, but since several others have mentioned it, I'm about to have Lasik, in about a week and a half. I'm scared out of my mind, but SO excited at the same time. I can't wait to put on makeup without holding a mirror 3 inches from my face!

I also plan on braces next year, when my flexible spending account re-ups.

Manderz, I also had braces as a adult and Lasik just a few months ago. Trust me all the pain and patience of braces was much much much worse then Lasik. You will be absolutely fine. After Lasik my first thought was, what was I so nervous about? Plus they will have you take a valium so you will be relaxed. Honestly it was the easiest procedure I have ever had done. I think I was reading a book 6 hours later.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
msop04|1395513679|3639447 said:
I just wanted to add that not everyone who has kids, has issues afterwards. My body was pretty much the same (and maybe even a little bit better) after having children. I carried babies to term, breastfeed each of them for 6 months, and everything pretty much went back to the way it was before. Getting pregnant/having babies does not necessarily mean that your body goes to h*ll. Sure, you should expect some changes (some of them permanent) and that varies from woman to woman, but there are women who don't have lasting, major effects post-pregnancy:)

And those women should be beaten. Severely.

Said w/aaaallll the love a squishy saggy lopsided boobs haven't lost the baby weight in 10 years woman can bestow.

:saint:

This made me laugh, packrat! :lol: :lol: ...I know about weight issues -- the struggle is real. ::)

The point of my post about post-pregnancy bodies was just that pregnancy affects everyone differently, but that one shouldn't necessarily expect a negative outcome. I have always been active and I've worked out for as long as I can remember. I worked out before, during, and after pregnancy, so I attribute some of my ability to "bounce back" to my diligence in the gym. I realize that weight is a struggle for many women and pregnancy certainly can take its toll.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1395516269|3639478 said:
I wasn't sure if it would count as cosmetic, but since several others have mentioned it, I'm about to have Lasik, in about a week and a half. I'm scared out of my mind, but SO excited at the same time. I can't wait to put on makeup without holding a mirror 3 inches from my face!

Manderz, I also had braces as a adult and Lasik just a few months ago. Trust me all the pain and patience of braces was much much much worse then Lasik. You will be absolutely fine. After Lasik my first thought was, what was I so nervous about? Plus they will have you take a valium so you will be relaxed. Honestly it was the easiest procedure I have ever had done. I think I was reading a book 6 hours later.

Did you have traditional braces or invisalign? Are you happy with the results?
As far as lasik is concerned, I'm terrified of that procedure. My husband had it done years ago. He did great (and now has perfect vision), but I just can't get passed the actual procedure. There's not enough valium to make it okay for me :lol:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I like to say that I finally went through puberty in my 40's. The augmentation made me feel complete, that the outside reflected the emotional, physical and sexual maturity on the inside. Besides, I knew by then that I would be filing for divorce, so I figured that I would secure an advance on the property settlement before the bastard started hiding assets. :twisted:

I, too, had mild ptosis, and the surgeon kindly offered to correct it during the augmentation for no additional charge. He probably handed me over to his resident and said, "Here, let me see you do a lid lift, and make 'em nice and even. I'm grading you"

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1395516474|3639483 said:

As far as lasik is concerned, I'm terrified of that procedure. My husband had it done years ago. He did great (and now has perfect vision), but I just can't get passed the actual procedure. There's not enough valium to make it okay for me :lol:

I had Lasik years ago, after my ophthalmologist put his foot down and forbade me from wearing contacts ever again because my eyes are extremely sensitive. Five minutes on each eye, if that, and done. Two hours later, I was transfixed by the sight of individual leaves on trees....

Do be careful, however, driving at night for about a year afterwards. You may see halos around lights.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
yenny,

For Asians with heavy eyelids, some skin and fat inside have to be removed and double eyelid lines need to be reconstructed. Levator muscle needs to be tightened and reattached to eyelids as well. I believe the latter part is same for other races. The area around eyes will be swollen for a few weeks. If the doctor stitches double eyelid lines, threads need to be removed in two weeks or so. The cost of surgery in the U.S is about a few thousands. I'll probably have it done back home because I need to make sure that my double eye lid line looks identical to the one on my right eye. If your eyelids are bothering you, I recommend that you talk to your doctor first. Maybe your insurance will cover the cost of surgery.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^That would be the only thing that would make me get lasik - if I was told that I could no longer wear my contacts. I wore glasses as a kid (I first got them in elementary school) and it was awful (teasing, etc.). I refuse to wear glasses. Ever. If I was told that I couldn't wear my contacts, I don't think that I could sign up for lasik fast enough :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395516474|3639483 said:

Even though you asked SB, I thought I would chime in as well. :halo: SB is right -- any fear is all build up, then after the procedure you're like, "...why was I trippin' out?" :lol: One word of advice... if the eye center has the option to watch a video of the surgery, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT WATCH IT! It looks terrifying! I made that mistake while my friend was having hers done (I was her "driver" for after). Don't freak out. My surgeon came from Atlanta (to Birmingham) to perform the procedure -- as he does twice a month. The first thing he told my group of 15 was, "...if you freak out on me, I can't do the surgery. I won't do it. Stay calm. You won't feel anything unpleasant, so there's nothing to get anxious about -- now, everyone needs to take their other Valium tablet." He meant business. I know because I had a moment when I started to cry a little and he told me to chill. I like to blame the Valium, but I know it wasn't -- I'm just a super big cry-baby! LOL :lol:

This is what I remember (it was like a 3 minute thing)... You will lie back in a comfy chair (some have you lie down, but no big deal) and the technician or surgeon will instill numbing drops into your eyes. The drops work very fast. Next, you will feel a little pressure, but no pain whatsoever. As they operated on each of my eyes, it reminded me of a dark slide being placed over my eye for less than a minute... then it was gone. Lastly, they give you some really ugly protective glasses that you are supposed to wear in bright areas. They tell you not to wear makeup for 2-3 days. You will receive a Rx for antibiotic drops and a note for OTC moisturizing drops/gel.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
lioness|1395518014|3639488 said:
I had Lasik years ago, after my ophthalmologist put his foot down and forbade me from wearing contacts ever again because my eyes are extremely sensitive. Five minutes on each eye, if that, and done. Two hours later, I was transfixed by the sight of individual leaves on trees....

Do be careful, however, driving at night for about a year afterwards. You may see halos around lights.

Thanks. I kind of already have them with my glasses, and am cool with it even if I have them forever, if they are equal to what I have with my glasses. I'm hoping I won't, obviously, but I am prepared for them.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting to know about how the procedure is done, thanks! My husband has been harping about having it done for quite a few years now...I maintain that my separated abdominal muscles and saggy skin/saggy lopsided boobs from giving him two crazy kids should come first...but we did a consult and woah was it expensive. soooooo mine will end up waiting so he can get his done.

I have had some peels done on my face before. Skin Medica ones and they were fabulous. Holy crap costly tho, $300 a pop, so the ones I had done were on special....which the place doesn't run any more, sadly. They were amazing tho...my skin has never been more lovely.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1395519568|3639502 said:
interesting to know about how the procedure is done, thanks! My husband has been harping about having it done for quite a few years now...I maintain that my separated abdominal muscles and saggy skin/saggy lopsided boobs from giving him two crazy kids should come first...but we did a consult and woah was it expensive. soooooo mine will end up waiting so he can get his done.

I have had some peels done on my face before. Skin Medica ones and they were fabulous. Holy crap costly tho, $300 a pop, so the ones I had done were on special....which the place doesn't run any more, sadly. They were amazing tho...my skin has never been more lovely.

I have been seriously thinking of doing a chemical peel, but I've heard that the "good ones" are those that are the most aggressive/strong and you will need to be off work for about 7-10 days while your skin falls off. (by "off work" I mean that you won't want to be seen looking like a tomato-skinned person followed by sunburned reptile :bigsmile: )

Can you tell me about the Skin Medica peel? I've heard of this one, but I'm kinda hesitant to do one due to "down time" and if I'd be satisfied with the actual results. I know it's dependent on level of damage and on a case-by-case basis, but what results can be expected? How long are the results supposed to last realistically?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395518695|3639494 said:
^That would be the only thing that would make me get lasik - if I was told that I could no longer wear my contacts. I wore glasses as a kid (I first got them in elementary school) and it was awful (teasing, etc.). I refuse to wear glasses. Ever. If I was told that I couldn't wear my contacts, I don't think that I could sign up for lasik fast enough :lol:

Aw, sorry you were teased about glasses. I didn't need them until I was 15-16 when I realized I couldn't read the teacher's notes from further than the front row one day and I was just petrified of having to wear glasses. But, by the time I turned 18, I LOVED wearing them even though I had contacts as well. I still love wearing glasses, I don't know why.

Adult orthodontics! Earlier in this thread I said I haven't had anything done. I didn't have my orthodontia for cosmetic reasons, but I did have oral surgery and I wore braces from age 28-31. Best thing I ever did for myself. My smile wasn't terrible to begin with, but I had some bite/palate issues and several things that needed to be corrected. I actually loved every minute of every session spent in a dentist or orthodontic or oral surgeon chair. I'm a weirdo. :D

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had any yet but I should get a septoplasty. I have a deviated septum from sinus disease and polyps with a pretty severe deviation internally. My insurance will cover it but I'm so scared to get it done and I would have so little time to do it since teacher's can't exactly take two weeks off (I work in the summers so I'm not off). I would do peels and maybe laser as I get older if it's easy enough and worth any misery. Only time will tell!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I had traditional braces. This was probably 10 years ago. I just gotten my first job that had. Benefits. So I wanted braces. My parents never had insurance when I was growing up so not an option. My teeth though were pretty straight before. I really just needed them for a bit of crowding. In the back I had. So yes I'm happy with the results. But you couldn't tell the difference before or after.

I also wanted to comment that I too worked out and ate right during both my pregnancies. I think I'm in very good shape but that didn't stop kids from ruining my body. I get you're saying everyone handles pregnancy differently but really you metabolism and gentics. Posy a big role with that as well. I guess you were genetically gifted Bc I mort certainly wasn't.

Worry posting on phone please forgive any spelling or grammar.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1395485163|3639265 said:
I want a tummy tuck and when I have the money to do it, I will. I have had three children and lost all my pregnancy weight and train for triathlons six days a week. My saggy stomach skin is not going anywhere and when I am biking or see pics of me in my workout shorts with my saggy skin spilling out over the top, it makes me feel sad and not self confident. If a tummy tuck makes me feel more confident then I will do it.

Go for it if it works for you. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ask if I've had any cosmetic procedures or surgery?

Well, if you MUST ask, I've had surgery for cancer.
As for cosmetic procedures, I never reload my mascara tubes or refilled my compact.
How tacky!
I'm not THAT cheap.
I just buy new ones.

screen_shot_2014-03-22_at_3.png

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
msop04|1395520666|3639511 said:
packrat|1395519568|3639502 said:

I have been seriously thinking of doing a chemical peel, but I've heard that the "good ones" are those that are the most aggressive/strong and you will need to be off work for about 7-10 days while your skin falls off. (by "off work" I mean that you won't want to be seen looking like a tomato-skinned person followed by sunburned reptile :bigsmile: )

Can you tell me about the Skin Medica peel? I've heard of this one, but I'm kinda hesitant to do one due to "down time" and if I'd be satisfied with the actual results. I know it's dependent on level of damage and on a case-by-case basis, but what results can be expected? How long are the results supposed to last realistically?

Stupid internet conked out after I typed out my response grrr.

The Skin Medica peels I did didn't have any downtime. Red sunburn looking face, but no pain, no insane face peeling off..it did peel, but not until a couple days after, and not horribly. I think most of it just flakes off when you're sleeping haha. It did bring any current pimples to whitehead, and then any that were just under the skin, up. Each time I did them (monthly) there were less and less whiteheads and under the skin ones. It's not deep enough to do any wrinkle reduction, but after doing them for a few months in a row I noticed my skin was smoother/tighter/glowy, and it seemed to me that the fine lines were lessened a little and my smiley lines by my cheeks weren't quite what they'd been before either. It's not the effect of those deep peels that slough off a lot of layers and get all crusty/weepy etc, nothing like that. Very surface, but sooo worth it. If they'd bring back the special they had on the peels, I would give up future sparklies to do the peels again. SUCH a confidence boost to someone who's had ridiculously horrible skin since she was 10.

oh, and the SM peels turned me yellow! haha I looked like a jaundiced sunburn victim. The yellow went away after a couple hours.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sakuracherry|1395518594|3639493 said:
yenny,

For Asians with heavy eyelids, some skin and fat inside have to be removed and double eyelid lines need to be reconstructed. Levator muscle needs to be tightened and reattached to eyelids as well. I believe the latter part is same for other races. The area around eyes will be swollen for a few weeks. If the doctor stitches double eyelid lines, threads need to be removed in two weeks or so. The cost of surgery in the U.S is about a few thousands. I'll probably have it done back home because I need to make sure that my double eye lid line looks identical to the one on my right eye. If your eyelids are bothering you, I recommend that you talk to your doctor first. Maybe your insurance will cover the cost of surgery.

Thanks sakuracherry....I'm an "age gracefully", "no plastic surgery" kind of girl (mostly because I'm a wimp!), but knowing that fixing my eyelid might be a possibility is enough to make me strongly consider consulting a surgeon! Please keep me posted about your progress and decisions and the end result. I'll be sure to do the same...now, if the dr. offered to throw in a boob lift and "cottage cheese thigh sucker outer" during the eyelid lift, I wouldn't complain! :lol: ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1395514841|3639461 said:
Yup I had a mommy makeover over the summer and I'm extremely happy with my decision to it. I feel way better about my body. My DH says it was the best money we ever spent. I only wish I had done it sooner.
Please post some before and after pics... :bigsmile:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I like looking at plastic surgery before and after pictures on the web. I am most fascinated by rhinoplasty and other surgeries which dramatically improve the appearance of people who were born with unharmonious features. I'm actually a fan of these kind of procedures though I personally have never done it.

When I look at before and after pics of breast implants, I always prefer the before pics! I also prefer it when people do not do surgeries which made the end results looked pinched and weird, and also don't see the point of changing Asian eye folds...but this is just personal feelings and not a criticism.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1395511937|3639438 said:
momhappy|1395510503|3639423 said:
msop04|1395508999|3639412 said:
Yes, I've had a few things done over the years (I'm 34 now). When I was 26, I underwent mastopexy with implants to makes my boobs fuller and prettier. It's something I'd wanted to have done since high school -- I hated my boobs forever and was very self-conscious about them. Now I love 'em! Seriously the best money I've ever spent! :bigsmile:

I've also had LASIK, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! I always wore glasses and could never tolerate contacts, so being able to watch TV without glasses was the best!

I get a little Botox in my forehead about every 4-5 months. I'd never had lines on my forehead, even when I raised my brows. Then one day when I was 32, I woke up and there they were... I figured I'd nip it in the bud before the lines get deep. It's not really painful, just feels like it's pinching when it's injected. I love it! My doctor is very conservative, so I just look well-rested instead of crazy like Teri Hatcher. :lol:

Last year I got some Juvederm injected before our wedding to fill in the little creases (in between my nose and top lip) that are made when I purse my lips. It didn't really hurt, but one side of my upper lip was swollen for a couple of days afterward, but the effects are immediate. Same idea as Botox -- preventative measures. ;)) It has lasted well over a year, so that's amazing to me! I won't have it redone until I notice I need it again.

My latest effort to try to look younger/improve my skin involves a combination of Obagi Nu-Derm skin care line and 9 Venus Freeze treatments. So far, so good! :))

I'm all for cosmetic procedures if it makes you happier and more confident. :wavey: We don't have children yet, but when we're finished I'd like to have a "mommy makeover" and get a tummy tuck and some serious liposuction. 8-) :D

I just wanted to add that not everyone who has kids, has issues afterwards. My body was pretty much the same (and maybe even a little bit better) after having children. I carried babies to term, breastfeed each of them for 6 months, and everything pretty much went back to the way it was before. Getting pregnant/having babies does not necessarily mean that your body goes to h*ll. Sure, you should expect some changes (some of them permanent) and that varies from woman to woman, but there are women who don't have lasting, major effects post-pregnancy:)

And those women should be beaten. Severely.

Said w/aaaallll the love a squishy saggy lopsided boobs haven't lost the baby weight in 10 years woman can bestow.

:saint:

:lol: :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a tummy tuck. I am happy otherwise with my body.
For reference I am 5' 3" and 120 lbs and 41 years old. I wear size 2 to size 6 in clothing and am 34DDD. I run 4 times a week and spin 2 to 3 times a week.
I've had five pregnancies and carried three to term and had two at around 35 weeks.

No matter how firm my body is or tight everything else is, I have this saggy skin in my abdominal area that just want go away. It's just there and I don't think any amount of working out will get rid if it.

After my first three kids, I still looked normal in that area, but after the fourth and definitely after the fifth, my skin has just lost its ability to bounce back.

My stomach looks like this picture I am posting below.

I've already been to plastic surgeons to find out the fees, procedure and Recovery time, I am just scared to actually take the plunge.

_16104.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1395531298|3639625 said:
Stupid internet conked out after I typed out my response grrr.

The Skin Medica peels I did didn't have any downtime. Red sunburn looking face, but no pain, no insane face peeling off..it did peel, but not until a couple days after, and not horribly. I think most of it just flakes off when you're sleeping haha. It did bring any current pimples to whitehead, and then any that were just under the skin, up. Each time I did them (monthly) there were less and less whiteheads and under the skin ones. It's not deep enough to do any wrinkle reduction, but after doing them for a few months in a row I noticed my skin was smoother/tighter/glowy, and it seemed to me that the fine lines were lessened a little and my smiley lines by my cheeks weren't quite what they'd been before either. It's not the effect of those deep peels that slough off a lot of layers and get all crusty/weepy etc, nothing like that. Very surface, but sooo worth it. If they'd bring back the special they had on the peels, I would give up future sparklies to do the peels again. SUCH a confidence boost to someone who's had ridiculously horrible skin since she was 10.

oh, and the SM peels turned me yellow! haha I looked like a jaundiced sunburn victim. The yellow went away after a couple hours.

Thanks for the info, packrat!! I'm gonna look into to it!! (...but first I've gotta pay for those damn Venus Freeze sessions) :errrr: :errrr: :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sky56|1395538214|3639654 said:
I like looking at plastic surgery before and after pictures on the web. I am most fascinated by rhinoplasty and other surgeries which dramatically improve the appearance of people who were born with unharmonious features. I'm actually a fan of these kind of procedures though I personally have never done it.

When I look at before and after pics of breast implants, I always prefer the before pics!
I also prefer it when people do not do surgeries which made the end results looked pinched and weird, and also don't see the point of changing Asian eye folds...but this is just personal feelings and not a criticism.

Wow... then you haven't seen mine, because the before ain't good!! LOL :lol: :lol: :shock: ::) :blackeye:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
lol! :lol: :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had nine skin cancers removed from my face , neck and back. Stunning work by a fabulous plastic surgeon. Two chemical peels that lightened dark spots. I really want a tummy tuck but I can't make myself go thru it or spend the money. I won't do Botox or fillers but I don't need them. At 55 I have gorgeous skin ( no sun).

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
manderz|1395519545|3639501 said:
lioness|1395518014|3639488 said:

Thanks. I kind of already have them with my glasses, and am cool with it even if I have them forever, if they are equal to what I have with my glasses. I'm hoping I won't, obviously, but I am prepared for them.

They are far bigger and hazier than the halos you get from glasses. The first time I drove at night after the surgery was scary. However, they will diminish over time, and one day you'll notice that you're no longer seeing them.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I've been having a little botox once a year for the last 2 years, I have never had any forehead lines (I'm 45) but I thought I was getting a little pinched, angry look between the brows. Also, a little filler in my top lip to smooth out some vertical 'smokers' lines, even though I don't smoke. And a little filler in the corners of my mouth to lift the corners, it's amazing how this corrects that slight droop in the corners and makes you look instantly fresher and happier.

I would love to have a neck lift, the skin on my neck is starting to sag and wrinkle a little and my neck looks considerably older than my face.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have not had any procedures yet, but am considering dark spot removal and perhaps a little botox to remove 2 tiny vertical lines between my brows. Other than those 2 things, I'm happy with the way I look at 41.

Interesting fact I discovered while thinking about this cosmetic surgery question.....the 3 friends of mine who got self esteem boosts from a mommy makeover (boob job, and tummy tuck) All left their husbands within 2 years of the surgery. So I told my husband, that would be his warning that I'm about to be on the hunt for husband 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results