shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever received a nice compliment about your...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jewelry from a guy? if yes...did it feel strange coming from a guy? How about from any stranger in public? did it feel weird to you?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nope, at least not in any recent memory.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have. My jewelry is not gender biased - I appreciated it just as much as from any woman I know - lol!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I have 3 or 4 times - very general comments about how sparkly or blingy the rings look. One guy was an acquaintance who said 'ohhh i was looking at your rings in the meeting and i didn't realize how sparkly they were'. another was the owner of a local coffee shop, he said something about 'blingy-sparkly'.

It makes me feel a bit strange but mostly happy at the compliment. From women, I get compliments that are more specific and women seem to be more likely to ask questions about the rings.

In general, men seem to lack the jewelry vocabulary to describe what they're seeing, lol. This statement does not apply to PS men, of course.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes many times and I appreciate it every time it happens. I find if it's a man doing the complimenting it's usually because he is thinking of buying something for his wife or girlfriend, lol.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have. The one that took me aback the most happened during a meeting at a state Department of Corrections that I was monitoring. This man yelled out across the room that he loved my ring and that he knew his wife would love it too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, a number of times. I work and live in an area where there are definitely bling appreciative men. In fact many of the men enjoy wearing bling too. They are not PS knowledgeable but they know what they like. And as others have posted some of the men complimenting are in the process of bling shopping for their gfs or wives.

I like compliments from men or women so it's all good to me. Doesn't make me feel funny at all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and it doesn't feel odd at all. I see no reason why men should be faulted for being able to appreciate fine jewellery.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Felt exactly the same as when a woman did it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Actually I get more compliments about my ring from guys than women. They always comment about how it's "blinding them", or "your man must really love you" types of comments. In fact the post I wrote about my coworker who walked past my office, and said I was showing off my bling, came from a MALE coworker.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if men look at rings competitively? IE: My wife has a bigger/brighter one. :) My boyfriend is not a bling conscious person, yet when he found out my soon to be sister in law rocked a bigger diamond than my future e-ring, he was slightly annoyed. There was a competitive moment.

I have not really had many compliments, except for my s/o when I show him a new piece. Don't think that counts.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1403199445|3696628 said:
I wonder if men look at rings competitively? IE: My wife has a bigger/brighter one. :) My boyfriend is not a bling conscious person, yet when he found out my soon to be sister in law rocked a bigger diamond than my future e-ring, he was slightly annoyed. There was a competitive moment.

I have not really had many compliments, except for my s/o when I show him a new piece. Don't think that counts.

Of course some men are competitive, just like some women.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Two or three times I think. It is a little odd at first, but they all have usually just been through the engagement ring or upgrade process themselves.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received only 2 compliments about jewelry from a guy. Both came from coworkers. A very nice one about my watch and a very strange one about my rings. Maybe it just didn't come out well but it was something along the lines of how expensive my rings were. He told me that he bought a pinky ring and heavy chain with diamonds for himself so he he understood the value of what I wore.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1403201444|3696649 said:
moneymeister|1403199445|3696628 said:

Of course some men are competitive, just like some women.

Women, competitive? :lol:

Men who check out necklaces may be chest checkers...your milage may vary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Onetime at Costco I complimented a young lady about her beautiful Cushion E-ring and she was in shock :o that it came from a guy... :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had compliments in the past from men on my jewelry and it didn't bother me at all. I think it's always nice to get a compliment!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over the years I've complimented many women on their diamonds, and a couple men.

I'd never do it when it would be threatening, like in a parking lot at night although that can be some of the best bling light - a dark sky behind a bright pointed light source.
I'd never actually walk up to a woman for this, more likely when we are stuck close together and bored standing in line at a store.

They have always been happy for the compliment.
The largest honkers I've see have been at Costco.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I have a total stranger..surprised me a little...but it didnt bother me...my hubby compliments women on their jewelry :appl:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm PSing with my 23 month old on my arm (he's supposed to be napping...). He says "ooooooh, pitty, spa-kly" at everything we see on here. I think he's going to grow up to be a jewelry complimenting man.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tes a couple of times.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
My classmate commented on my ring last year. He went like "Oh my God, that's so bright!!!"

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes. I think. Is "that's HUGE" a compliment? Although I should preface he said it was very beautiful first....

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1403318857|3697736 said:
HI:

Yes. I think. Is "that's HUGE" a compliment? Although I should preface he said it was very beautiful first....

cheers--Sharon
Yes, if the gal said that to a guy... :wink2:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Two occasions in the last week. I deal with the public and have regular repeat customers. I was helping one of my regulars and he noticed my new five stone ring, saying it was gorgeous. Very nice guy and a nice compliment. Told him it was my b-day present to myself.

The other situation left me a bit uncomfortable though, a guy said that my rings were beautiful referring to my ering and band.
I said thanks, then he said when did you get those? I said quite a while ago, and asked if he was in the jewelry business because it was unusual for men to notice rings. He replied that he watches what women are wearing because he is hunting for a wife. I told him I was sure he'll meet someone eventually.The whole thing creeped me out :sick: If he comes in again I'm going to avoid him & have an employee help him.

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have, but they've all been in the trade. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1403319516|3697740 said:
canuk-gal|1403318857|3697736 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Yes, if the gal said that to a guy... :wink2:

.....budda boom. I knew you'd say that! :bigsmile:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were walking on a trail several weeks ago and some guy complimented my bracelet.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who did you freak out now DF?

Yes, when I went through the Wendy's drive-through for some coworkers. He said, "Love your earrings - I don't wear my nicer diamonds to work..."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results