clarity

Have you ever gone out on a blind date?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how did it turn out?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Yes. He picked me up. At the end of the date I told him I didn't feel much chemistry so declined a second date. He got up and left. I had to call a friend to get me lol. Never did it again.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yup. An Italian guy I worked with who was a good friend begged me to go out just once with his new roommate who had just arrived from Italy. Doesn't know many people, kind of shy, needs somebody who speaks Italian because his English is only ok, blah blah. I sighed, "Okay, Michele, just once, and only for you."

He rings my doorbell & when I opened it I gasped. Movie star! :love: Stella del cinema! Nice guy, too. We spent a lot of time together till he finished his PhD in astrophysics & went back to Italy. I never heard from him again. Ha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents met on a blind date and were engaged 3 weeks later. 50 years 4 months later still happily married.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
No, but it can't be much scarier than internet dating (which I've done a lot of, and where I met DH). At least with a blind date you are being set up by someone you both know.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cousin met her husband on a blind date. They've been married more than 20 years.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1398112979|3657314 said:
He rings my doorbell & when I opened it I gasped. Movie star! :love: Stella del cinema! Nice guy, too. We spent a lot of time together till he finished his PhD in astrophysics & went back to Italy. I never heard from him again. Ha!

What's his phone number? :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny convinces Andy to go on a blind date with his friend Shirley.
But Andy's nervous about going out with someone he's never seen before.

“What if she’s ugly?” says Andy.
“Don’t worry.” Danny says, “Just go to her door and meet her.
If you like what you see, everything's fine.
If she's ugly just shout Aaauuuggghhh! and fake an asthma attack.”

So that night Andy knocks on Shirley’s door.
When she opens the door he is blown away how beautiful she is.
But suddenly Shirley shouts, “Aaauuuggghhh!” and starts wheezing for breath.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did and it wasn't pleasant for either of us :(( A friend had dropped us off and we agreed to a pick up time. There were several problems:

*He couldn't speak English well enough for me to understand

*I don't know what he was in the habit of eating, but the odour oozed out of his pores. To be blunt, he stank :(sad

*We were at a school dance, but he didn't know how to do any dance steps at all

Our chauffeur was late :nono:

NEVER AGAIN!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Yup! And he asked me to marry him 13 months later! And 8 months after that we were! And 21 years later we still are!!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, yes. A co-woker set me up with one of his friends who lived in the same apartment complex. I drove over to that guy's place, where I had to wait for him to finish smoking a joint. Then we went to dinner. He drove. He picked a downtown restaurant that had street parking, parallel parking. There was one space open. My date proceeded to back into it, and he hit the car in back. Then he pulled forward and hit the car in front. Then backed up again, ran up on the curb, and also hit the car behind a second time before declaring his car parked. Parking by Braille, lol. I was shocked when he just bailed out and started walking to the restaurant, without opening my door for me, and more importantly, without leaving notes on the two cars he'd hit getting into that spot. I called a taxi to take me back to my car and I went home.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
An acquaintance of mine asked for my number to give to a friend. I never heard from the guy as he was on holiday and had totally forgotten about him when he called 3 weeks later. Reluctantly, I agreed to meet him for one drink.

An hour later, I was zooming through London on the back of his very noisy bike.

The rest, as they say, is history. ;))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the school formal (the prom)
my date got grounded which i now think was incredibly unfair of his mother because i already had the dress
went with a friend of my friend's date
both incredibly shy
hideouse night

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Missy my parents met on a blind date and were happily married for over 66 years when my mom passed away.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people whose daughter I babysat asked if I would go out with the son of friends of theirs from Germany. I was home on winter break from college and figured, why not?

So I asked him what he'd like to do and he said "get a beer". How very German lol. I was 17 and somehow i managed not to get carded, but the drinking age was 18 then. It changed to 21 the following year. Now I had just finished my first semester of freshman year and had gained the dreaded freshman 10. So I sat down on a barstool and my jeans ripped from stem to stern. I wound up having ing to wrap a sweater around my waist so my entire butt in underwear wasn't visible. It was a very short date

I took the weight off that month. I didn't want to experience that trauma ever again lol.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went for a drink with the son of a colleague (she begged me) he is a PHD student in his 30's. :read:

The bloke was incredibly arrogant and worse still literally didn't pay for ANYTHING the whole night, let me buy every drink & dinner (pizza). Didn't even offer to SPLIT the bill. :wall: He spent the whole night whinging how brilliant but poor he was, still smoked pot & lived in a share house like a teenager, made highly insulting comments about my age & recent (painful) marriage breakdown, only talked about himself etc....then EVEN WORSE tried to invite himself back to my house after! :eek2:

I couldn't get away fast enough. My lovely colleague kept saying she couldn't understand why her son was still single... :shock:

Ugh never again! :snooty:

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never have. I have a young friend who recently went on a blind date. The moron she was with was stupid enough to leave his phone screen in view and had messaged his friend that her looks were "subpar." Mind you she is gorgeous (smart, athletic, hair down to her waist, fashionable) while he was no prize. When she confronted him about it as she was leaving he denied he was referencing her, and asked her to go back to his house.

Probably the type of guy who complains that women don't like "nice guys." :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results