shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had to do this to their dog (warning: gross)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I take my dog to either Petsmart or Petco for a full service groom every month and checking the glands is part of the package. I can tell when its bothering him because he starts licking his heinie. ewww..
14.gif
Its not a big thing to take care of if you go to a groomer that does it. Thankfully, I''ve never had and problems with it leaking on furniture and stuff.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 7:59:38 PM
Author: Lynn B
OK, I don''t mean to thread-jack, and if you guys think I should post a new thread, I will... but I wonder...

Does this ever happen to cats??? My kitty is an occasional butt-scooter across the living room carpet (which boths cracks me up AND horrifies me!
2.gif
) but he never leaves anything behind on the carpet... no stain and no smell. (Thank goodness!)

We had him to the vet once (for another reason) and the vet checked him all out... no worms, no parasites, ''clean as a whistle''... so why''s he scoot?!!!
Yes, it can happen to cats, though it is less common.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 1:01:19 AM
Author: flopkins
can I just say... that I think all of you have convinced me that I am NOT ready to get a dog...
14.gif
Lol, I gotcha... Not a dog person myself.
28.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My beagle had that problem all the time. I''d take her to the groomers and have them do it. My shepherd doesn''t seem to have that problem, but I get her groomed professionally a few times a year & I think they check them.

It is gross...but even grosser, MY DAD WILL DO IT TO HIS DOG. Ugghhhh...he tried to "teach me how" but I was just too grossed out. Now I know my dad is a farm boy & has all those "mad skillz", but he raised a city girl and its nothing that a 2 minute drive & $10 can''t cure. Yuk yuk yuk.

Diver

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
wow! I''m suprised at how many responces this post had!! It was really funny b/c I had to leave work early to take the dog to the vet, and everyone''s like "oh, what''s wrong with her" and I had to be like "um, she''s just having a routine procedure done, no big deal." I didn''t want to say "anal gland" at work haha.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 10:01:04 PM
Author: Pricescope
Lynn, you are too funny. Do you think we have to make Stinky Dogs, No Stinky Cats Allowed thread?
It''s also hysterical to my non-English ear to hear ''self expression'' as something so much hmm...not related to art or poetry...
9.gif
Haha, Irina! Your post made me laugh!!! Yes, I think that''s a real good idea for a new thread... "Stinky Dogs, No Stinky Cats Allowed..."
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results