shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy with diamond or secretly thinking upgrade?

Are you happy with your diamond or secretly thinking about an upgrade? Or not so secretly?

• I love my diamond, but am secretly wishing it was a tad bit bigger...hmmm.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I love my diamond, but am not-so-secretly wishing it was bigger...have already started working on DH

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second time is the charm....

I liked your Q so much Patty...I made a poll. This is the best poll ever.

It''s been a long Friday afternoon. Only 45 more minutes!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I, of course, am in the last category.....I was told that I'd have to at least wait til after we were MARRIED to get an upgrade. I'm counting the days.
rolleyes.gif

I also forgot to add OTHER but hopefully there won't be any?
2.gif
If there are, please post your comments in the thread.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Well, as everyone knows, at first I was really wanting that upgrade! But everyone talked some sense into me,..... for now. So I have my 2.75 with the new setting... I'm set.. , for a while.
9.gif

BTW, what does "DH" stand for?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Husband...egad am I using cheesy internet terminology?

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
hahah... no no.. you're not..

apparently.. I've seen that abreviation pop up quite a few times... so I think I'm the only one that doesn't know what it is.
sick.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH also stands for d*mn husband. lol Usually you don't switch over to this abreviation until after you've been married a few years.
9.gif

Upgrading for me isn't a huge priority like it was when I first discoved this board. Seeing everyones' amazing rings AND also discovering the remarkably low prices on the internet both fed on my obsession to upgrade every diamond piece I own, especially my eng. ring and earrings.

Now that I've been here a while and thought about it more, it's not as big of a deal. I'd love a bigger diamond and know eventually I'll be purchasing one. . . but, a bigger diamond isn't going to make me any happier, so I've decided to focus on some of the other areas in my life that I know that will (like my husband and I finding a more private house outside the city where our kids can run around safely).

But, I still want to say I AM excited for the idea that I'll be getting a bigger rock someday. I am, of course, completely in love with diamonds and always have been. My husband isn't going to get off the hook THAT easy
2.gif

Michelle

Edited to add, I voted for: I love my diamond, but am secretly wishing it was a tad bit bigger...hmmm.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara, great poll!
21.gif

I clicked on the third one because I'm wanting an upgrade on the diamond in my wedding ring. I'm always going through different scenarios in my mind...Go with another stone this size but better quality? Go with a little bit bigger stone and have a new 4-prong lower head put on the ring instead of the current 6 head prong? If I'm going to get a new head put on it, should I go for a MUCH bigger stone? How much bigger can I go before they have to re-configure the ring? Hmmmmmm...the possibilities are endless.

I HOPE that I'm thrilled with my 3 stone ring for a long long time.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO HAPPY with my e-ring. Like I've said before, it's certainly not the biggest one I've seen, but it is certainly the most beautiful. Anyway, my husband designed the darn thing and that is priceless.

I definitely do not want to upgrade my e-ring, I could not ask for a more beautiful ring. BUT that doesn't mean I don't want to expand my diamond wardrobe. I am very vocal about the fact that I want more, more, more!!!!! (**insert crazy, lunatic laugh here**)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I was told when I got this upgrade to "get it right" because he wanted this to be the last time. That gave me the freedom to figure out the budget, size and quality, which was pretty cool:). I love my new stone -- it's plenty for me, but odds are high that down the road a setting change may be in the stars. There are just too many great looks and settings out there!
2.gif
(I'm not about to mention it yet tho...timing is everything
9.gif
).

Pearl

Rough_Rock
Voted that I love it, no upgrade.

Of course, I don't have the ring yet, just saw the amazing little "sparkly" during the appointment with the appraiser.
9.gif

I don't think I could upgrade it, just because it being the diamond that will go into my engagment ring... too much sentimental value. Plus being a nurse, I'd be afraid to wear a bigger diamond (at least right now).

However, I am looking at purchasing a pair of diamond studs sometime in the future.
21.gif
It sure will be fun to look at diamonds again when that time comes. (Okay, I'm still looking at diamonds now...oh well
11.gif
)

Mara, I wish my work week was ending, it's just starting. I work nights.
rolleyes.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the second one, but with a twist, I don't necessarily want a bigger diamond, but I definitely want a colorless one. Not that I see any color in the one I have.
Okay, Okay, who am I kidding. Of course I want a bigger diamond too.
There, happy?
2.gif
I have admitted it.
9.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for happy with the diamond just as is - now, settings, that can always be changed in future years!
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Whhaaaaa, Mara!!
cry.gif
I can't answer!!
15.gif
I just upgraded!!
9.gif
Why didn't you post this poll a week ago??
confused.gif
A month ago??
confused.gif
I coulda answered then!!
naughty.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I voted that I love my ring, which I do. When I came to the forums and learned there was even such a thing as upgrading, and was talking about it with Eddie, well he laughed and said we would never upgrade this ring because we waited so long to get it. It was a very big deal for us. His next response shocked me: He said if anything, we'd add to it by saving up for another ring in the future
6.gif
...of course this would probably take until my 25th anniversary.
cry.gif
9.gif
Heck, I waited 12 1/2 years for this one, I'm over half way there.
1.gif

Pearl, are you from Hawaii? Noticed your tagline. If you are you should pop into the Hawaii thread and check in.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2004 1:29:49 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

I voted that I love my ring, which I do. ----------------

You better love it! lol I just hunted it down over on the show me the ring forum and what can I say? AMAZING!!!! Insanely gorgeous! Wow, definetly worth the wait
1.gif

I hope if and when my ring is upgraded it'll be even half as amazing as that.

Lucky girl
9.gif

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I am curious...I don't recall KM's ring! Link please?!
2.gif
I need more upgrading ideas...yeah right like I need a hole in the head!
9.gif

Actually I decided to focus on acquiring OTHER baubles instead. Upgrade can come later when I have more of a leg to stand on...hee hee. Of course, first on the list is the 10 stone ACA ring; and then I would really love to have diamond melee toe rings made. I wore CZ diamond toe rings in the past (basically pave set 1mm eternity style) and now I just have plain silver (one on each foot) but diamond ones would be sooo amazing.
2.gif
Shh don't tell Greg.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
For Mara...

Also, I just posted the link to the thread about my prongs being redone, Mara. There's a bittersweet story behind that. It's in Caratgirl's new ering setting thread.

ering set.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh I recall your story now!! The rings are verrrry lovely especially when paired together...is the bead doing it's job?!
2.gif
Hope so after all of that trouble, eh?!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Trouble, a royal PITA of a situation if you ask me.
9.gif
But all done now.
1.gif
Yes, the bead is doing it's job despite how awkward it looks. You don't even know it's there when you see it on my hand, but *I* know it's there and it kinda bugs me that way. It's kind of a unicorn horn effect, you know? But whatever.
rolleyes.gif
It works and I still love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results