shape
carat
color
clarity

halloween!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CHOCOLATE has taken over my life!!!!! my dh bought a ton of candy for halloween and I can''t stop myself frome digging into the hershey bars, snickers, kitkats, and almond joys.
23.gif
for the past 2 days i''ve been eating TONS of it. i ate 2 meals in 2 days which both meals were soup---the other 4 meals and snacks have all been chocolate and a few twizzlers thrown in to mix it up.
23.gif
anyone else having this problem?

what kind of candy or things do you give out for halloween? (i may show up and devour your bowls of goodies too)
9.gif

what were your favorite treats to get on halloween as a kid?
what treats did you hate? my absolute worst treats were those maryjanes...i still cringe at the sight of the wrapper.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I give out the chocolate for fear of having leftovers which never happens, come on over NYC!
2.gif
hehe
My favorites are m&m's, kit kat's, twizzlers, paydays, milkyway, 3 musketeers, smarties, and gummy bears.

I use to get these black and orange wrapper peanutbutter flavor chews I hated! I also did not like almond joys, necco's, big daddy's, and taffy.

Fun thread NYC sparkle!!!
9.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I won''t be home to give out any (it''s kinda annoying anyway because you see vans and trucks dropping off older kids from other neighborhoods... I mean how many pillow cases of candy does someone really need? lol). For the kids at school and across the street I make cupcakes.

I loved getting Sugar Babies, Abba Zabbas, Wacky Wafers, Jolly Ranchers (apple and watermelon), Sweet Tarts, Smarties, Fun Dip, Tart n Tiny, cherry Tootsie pops, Now n Laters, and so on.

Necco wafers
14.gif
Twizlers,
14.gif
anything with coconut
14.gif
grape Jolly Rancher
14.gif
Good n Plenty or anything with black licorice
14.gif
I could go on and on with this one... but the gag-nastiest things that top them all are two Easter candies- Peeps and Cadbury Cream Eggs
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 10:18:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
I give out the chocolate for fear of having leftovers which never happens, come on over NYC!
2.gif
hehe
My favorites are m&m's, kit kat's, twizzlers, paydays, milkyway, 3 musketeers, smarties, and gummy bears.

I use to get these black and orange wrapper peanutbutter flavor chews I hated! I also did not like almond joys, necco's, big daddy's, and taffy.

Fun thread NYC sparkle!!!
9.gif
Maryjanes!!! We have a vat of them at work right now, and my friend and I dare eachother to take a huge whiff of them, to smell the disgustingness.
9.gif
Yeah, we're twelve. What of it?
20.gif

Anyway I like Necco, but not the white, pink, black, purple, or brown ones. Hee hee! I buy a roll and throw like half of it away, because I really like the green, yellow, and orange ones. Total waste of money.

E B

Ideal_Rock
We're handing out M&Ms. We figure they'll be a crowd pleaser. As a kid (and now), my favorite was anything with peanut butter, especially those big Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
18.gif
30.gif

ETA: The worst candy? Anything banana flavored.
40.gif
Which is weird, because I love bananas. Just not the artificial banana flavor most banana candy has.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
NYCsparkle we must have bought the same bag of candy! we also got a bag with 3 different types of hersey''s - dark, almonds and regular. and dh insisted on getting a bag of nerds and some other non chocolate candy. yuck. only chocolate for me thank you!
9.gif

we have no idea how many kids to expect since it''s our first halloween in the neighborhood. it''s actually my first time handing out candy ever.
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I had my students write a journal with these exact questions today! By far the fav. candy in of all my students is Reese''s Peanut Butter Cups. My favorite candies are kit kats, anything sour, and the sweet tarts that come three in a little packet. But way back when I used to trick-or-treat myself, there was one neighbor who used to give out the little colored flavored drinks in the barrel shaped plastic container that we call Huggies, and they were by far my favorite house to visit. I didn''t give out candy this year because they already did it last Thursday, and first, I think it''s stupid to hold trick-or-treating on a day that isn''t Halloween, and 2, FI is oot and I couldn''t answer the door and hold my shaking, terrified dog at the same time.

Woah, this post came out longer than I intended. All I really wanted to say is I HATE CANDY CORN!!! [:knockout:]

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to buy stuff that I HATE so I am not tempted. I love Reese's and Almond joys. I also go through my kids stuff (uh, for safety reasons of course) and since I do not give my youngest peanuts I tend to confiscate those yummy things.

I have been avoiding the candy with a vengeance. So far I have been moderately successful!

NOT a big Twizzler or black licorice fan, I love Red Vines only, and I hate those really gross sour things that make you drool.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got a big bag of mixed candy at Costco on Saturday and I have successfully avoided it to this point, but I made the HH go hide it in the garage when he got home from work today because the temptation was getting to be too much...

I don't know what we're going to do with all the left over candy after Halloween though. Maybe I can take it over to my old office and drop it off!

What don't l like... NOT MUCH!
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I buy stuff I like to eat which does NOT include candy corn or tootsie rolls
14.gif
; gosh I wish I had gone to Costco...candy is more expensive than jewels!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I used to love Snickers, Baby Ruth, Smarties, 100 grand or is it 100,00 grand.. can''t ever remember but I just love those!
Didn''t really like Butterfinger, anything w/coconut, anything flavored grape or watermelon, the black/orange peanut butter things, peanut butter cups were ok but I like them more now

This year, not sure what I''ll give out or if I will. I''ll probably go w/my son trick or treating and by the time we get home, usually don''t have many trick or treaters. And we live somewhere new this year so I''m not sure if we''ll get many or not.
Also, I''m not buying until that day b/c I know I won''t be able to avoid the temptation, unless I only get Almond Joy or Mounds.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, they didn''t have any more M&Ms at the store (all sold out!) so thanks to this thread, I picked up some Reese''s Peanut Butter Cups and Tootsie Roll pops. A little girl behind me in line gave the thumbs up for both, so I figured they were a safe bet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 8:25:57 PM
Author: EBree
Well, they didn't have any more M&Ms at the store (all sold out!) so thanks to this thread, I picked up some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Tootsie Roll pops. A little girl behind me in line gave the thumbs up for both, so I figured they were a safe bet.
Oh my gosh, that story is too cute! I can't wait to see all the cute trick or treaters tonight.
I bought now or laters, smarties, butterfingers, kitkats and almond joys. Hope the kiddos or their parents like what I bought. I remember as a kid my parents got excited to see what I got so they could get a piece or 2 of candy. hehee I was remembering as a kid I did not love chocolate like I do now so my parents could have my chocolates and I would eat the sugary ones.

Happy Halloween ALL!!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results