shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair styling PSers! (Man I''m style-needy this week)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF and I are dressing up as John McCain and Sarah Palin for a Halloween party.

I''m trying to figure out how to do my hair, and I was going to go for the half-up, half-down look or just an up do. Palin manages to get that volume in her hair, so the up part looks kind of poofy. Mine doesn''t do that.

How do you get that? Is it a matter of teasing, or just how you place the clip? Do I need volume spray or something?

Other than getting my curly hair stick-straight, I''m inept at hair styling.

palinshair8349273523.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2008 3:39:18 PM
Author:elledizzy5

I''m trying to figure out how to do my hair, and I was going to go for the half-up, half-down look or just an up do. Palin manages to get that volume in her hair, so the up part looks kind of poofy. Mine doesn''t do that.

How do you get that? Is it a matter of teasing, or just how you place the clip? Do I need volume spray or something?

ROFLMAO!!!!! Elle, I have no advice whatsoever about how to get the Palin-updo-volume, but you MUSTMUSTMUST post pics of you and FF in your costumes! You''ll DEFINITELY be the scariest ones at the Halloween party!
11.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 3:52:12 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Date: 10/23/2008 3:39:18 PM

Author:elledizzy5

How do you get that? Is it a matter of teasing, or just how you place the clip? Do I need volume spray orsomething?

ROFLMAO!!!!! Elle, I have no advice whatsoever about how to get the Palin-updo-volume, but you MUSTMUSTMUST post pics of you and FF in your costumes! You''ll DEFINITELY be the scariest ones at the Halloween party!
11.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Yeah, it was the scariest thing we could think of.
9.gif

Great. Now I''ve just alienated all of the hair-stylers that are supporting them.
2.gif

There WILL be pics. Just as soon as I find that perfect red power suit!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Products:
Backcomb in a bottle -- Big Sexy Hair
Rattail comb
Finishing Spray
Clips
Boreshair brush
Bobbypins

1. Seperate the part of your hair you want up from the part you want down. Clip the section you want down away from the section you want up.

2. Take a small slice of hair 1/2 inch approximately from the fringe line (bang) and clip it away from the other hair.

3. Starting in the crown of your hair (section you want up) taking 1/4 inch section, begin to backcomb the hair with your raittail comb working from the ends down to the root. Once you finish with a 1/4 section spray Backcomb In A Bottle at the root of the hair. Continue this until you reach the 1/2 inch seperated section.

4. Taking your boreshair brush, lightly backward...smoothing the backcomb without loosing volume. It''s okay if it still looks "messy".

5. Take the 1/2 inch seperated front section and brush it backwards into the style...spraying to make sure it is smooth. Caution: do not brush or blend to hard, you will loose the shape quickly. This 1/2 should hide the backcombing really well if done correctly.

6. For maxium hold, take the length of the top section in one hand and twist slightly into a quater of half french twist. Insert bobby pins going upwards and then secure by forcing them downward.

7. Unclip the bottom section of hair.

**that should achieve the look**

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Italia! You are a lifesaver!

Me and my left brain appreciate your very detailed and organized directions!!

Now I have to go practice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results