shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair cut....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I asked a few months ago about cutting all my hair off. It was entirely too long. My daughter would pull it, I was too busy to ever do anything with it. So instead of looking like Kim kardashian I looked more like a cat lady....

Problem was its right before my wedding (November) and everyone keeps saying "oh you don't cut your short hair before a wedding."

I knew I had to do something, but sense it was before the wedding I only cut about a foot off....but I still have that itch. I made an appointment for the day after my wedding to cut it all off. My hair dresser thinks its a good idea. I want some other people (who don't really know me)'s opinions.

uploadfromtaptalk1377371653048.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Hair cut....

I'm way back girl.. I got married 1st time in '75.. got engaged in september 74 cut off about two feet in December had a cute shag haircut by the time May rolled around.. I could NOT stand all the snarls underneath, in NY it was cold and my hair was always getting snarled up... I felt better about myself and happier and in 87 when I got remarried I also cut my hair short.. short hair is cute, easy and fun. I like your cut.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks. Its been as long as all the way down to my hips, its currently the length in the pic, but I'm considering cutting it to the pixie style in the second one.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

What shape face do you have? Have you tried on any wigs to see how it would look?

I agree that it might not be a good idea to go too drastic before your wedding, but afterwards .....

From what I can see of you in the picture, imo with your body shape, I think you could pull it off. But like I suggested above, try on some pixie cut wigs first to see if you like the look. And the good thing about hair is that it does grow back.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel, you are far more super sexy than I could have imagined from all these hand shots!! I think you can carry your hair longer or chopped off - it looks to me like both would would suit you. But for your wedding I would be tempted to keep it longer. Then chop it off afterwards! 8-)
X

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alex T|1377383252|3509263 said:
Niel, you are far more super sexy than I could have imagined from all these hand shots!! I think you can carry your hair longer or chopped off - it looks to me like both would would suit you. But for your wedding I would be tempted to keep it longer. Then chop it off afterwards! 8-)
X

Haha thanks! I cropped the photos as I felt I looked a little blah! But your right my fingers are not as sexy ad the rest of me ;-) :lol: :lol:

I agree I'm leaving this length until after the wedding, but the day afte, it's something I could pull off.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Go with short after the big day. Its always nice to be able to 'do' stuff with your hair at your wedding :bigsmile:
But seriously, you look like you could wear a paper bag & look sexy!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Long neck, slim face, nice shoulders and ears... Cut it off I say!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are very brave! I would have to go in steps. Like chin length....then pixie. I definitely think you could pull it off!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1377388043|3509290 said:
You are very brave! I would have to go in steps. Like chin length....then pixie. I definitely think you could pull it off!

I have had chin length before, probably about 3 years ago (my hair grow fast!). So i know I can pull it off, but i just dont like it that length. you cant just wash and go exactly, but you cant pull it in a pony either.... Thats why im thinking even shorter.

After my DD was born, i rarely do ANYTHING with my hair. Im lucky if i can get a shower in, let alone blow dry or curl it. I want to look fashionable again, and just a pulled pack pony isnt doing it anymore. I know if its short i can wash it in the sink, towel it up, put some product in and go. I want to look put together again.

The other thing, my dog likes to wake me up by sitting right next to my head ( on my hair :blackeye: ) and my daughter still likes to pull it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I say go for it!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock

If it's something you're keen to do, definitely do what makes you happy despite the protestations of others. I *personally* like medium-long hair on women and think your current style is beautiful. But my opinion honestly means jack all! :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

justginger|1377404659|3509398 said:
If it's something you're keen to do, definitely do what makes you happy despite the protestations of others. I *personally* like medium-long hair on women and think your current style is beautiful. But my opinion honestly means jack all! :lol:
Haha sure I'll never actually see you in real life, but I value many of you guys' opinions, and would want to hear if I'm just crazy and can't pull it off.

You know I heard somewhere medium length with layers is the most favored hair for woman by both men and women. I do like it, it just feels so boring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I love the pixie cut on the right woman. It's elegant and sophisticated. If there is any time to do it I would think after your wedding would be the time. You are young and as you say your hair grows fast so it seems you have little risk. I would do what others have recommended and go and try on some short wigs and see how you look. Good luck with your decision!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I dont even know where you would go to try wigs on
Sounds fun though I'll have to Google!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

http://www.tiffanyforwomen.com/

I keep forgetting that we all come from different states, countries.

When I developed diabetes, I was told it could cause severe hair loss. Same with thyroid. So I explored wigs just in case. But I was lucky that both conditions resolved themselves quickly and I was able to maintain my long hair.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DO IT!

I am going to be cutting my hair short... it's, idk, mid-back length now, and I am getting an appointment to go to shoulder length soon. I have to step it up because ONCE I cut it ALL off from mid-back to short short short and it was so traumatic and I didn't recognize myself in the mirror for months and I grew it right back out. But whenever I do it in about three big steps up, I am fine with it.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

I vote go for it :appl: :appl:
I change my hair all the time. After the birth of my daughter, my hair was to my waist, I got it all chopped to a very short pixie cut ala Audrey Hepburn.I got so many compliments. I kept it short for a few years and am now growing it out again trying to think of what style to go for next. Word of warning though, make sure you go to a good stylist who'll recommend a cut for your face shape and hair type, someone who'll be brutally honest to what will suit you or what won't. Good luck :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

You can definitely pull it off!!!

But how about something with a bit of an edge? This is going to sound like a crazy stalker, but I follow you on Pinterest (saw a PS ring you posted when searching and recognized the name). I love some of the cuts you've posted. Do it!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Alex T said:
Niel, you are far more super sexy than I could have imagined from all these hand shots!! )
X

Ditto! :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom|1377454501|3509569 said:
You can definitely pull it off!!!

But how about something with a bit of an edge? This is going to sound like a crazy stalker, but I follow you on Pinterest (saw a PS ring you posted when searching and recognized the name). I love some of the cuts you've posted. Do it!!!

Ah! No not stalkery! I knew someone followed me but I wasn't sure who it was. I'm so glad its you :lol:

I'll post some of them on here get some opinions

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1377451566|3509546 said:
I vote a big, fat NOOOOOO - don't do it. =)

Thanks for the feedback? Why do you think its a bad idea??

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

But I'd keep it brunette. I'm obsessed with miley circus' hair. I wish I wasn't because she isn't exactly the coolest, but shoot I love it. I have a friend that I went to school with that has sense moved to Texas. Any who, she is super risky with her hair and I am so jealous. She has completely shaved it anf it looked amazing. She recently shoved the sides again and has a bit of a Mohawk and its amazingly cool....I have such a little lady crush on her she is just so fly. But if I don't get so ballsy, I'd go with the other options.

uploadfromtaptalk1377455996947.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377456023802.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377456223877.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1377450819|3509541 said:
DO IT!

I am going to be cutting my hair short... it's, idk, mid-back length now, and I am getting an appointment to go to shoulder length soon. I have to step it up because ONCE I cut it ALL off from mid-back to short short short and it was so traumatic and I didn't recognize myself in the mirror for months and I grew it right back out. But whenever I do it in about three big steps up, I am fine with it.

I'm glad you had the same idea. Its funny one of my friends cut hers shortly after she got married. I think I cut off about 2' off my hair all at once before it was a shock but I feel like if I don't do it all at once I just won't do it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1377455673|3509582 said:

I apologize that I didn't elaborate more - I thought that you were just asking for opinions and my opinion was not to cut your hair off.
No offense to anyone with pixie cuts, but I don't care for them at all. Sure, there are lots of gorgeous women with pixie cuts, but I always end up looking at them and thinking how much better they would look with longer hair - I just happen to think that short hair on women is not my style/personal preference. It's not an insult. I'm sure people look at me and think of how much better I would look if I did X, Y, or Z and that's fine.
Having said all that, hair is a very personal thing and if you want short hair, then you should feel free to wear your hair however you want to =) Life is short, so do what makes you happy!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1377461408|3509609 said:

I apologize that I didn't elaborate more - I thought that you were just asking for opinions and my opinion was not to cut your hair off.
No offense to anyone with pixie cuts, but I don't care for them at all. Sure, there are lots of gorgeous women with pixie cuts, but I always end up looking at them and thinking how much better they would look with longer hair - I just happen to think that short hair on women is not my style/personal preference. It's not an insult. I'm sure people look at me and think of how much better I would look if I did X, Y, or Z and that's fine.
Having said all that, hair is a very personal thing and if you want short hair, then you should feel free to wear your hair however you want to =) Life is short, so do what makes you happy!

Your right! I was asking for opinions ::). You just seemed so against it I wanted your point of view so thank you.

I'm that way with eyebrows. I like my woman well enbrowed.... and a woman with overly thin brows I think "what are you doing!". So I know where you're coming from.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1377461807|3509612 said:
momhappy|1377461408|3509609 said:

Your right! I was asking for opinions ::). You just seemed so against it I wanted your point of view so thank you.

I'm that way with eyebrows. I like my woman well enbrowed.... and a woman with overly thin brows I think "what are you doing!". So I know where you're coming from.

Yes, thayt's it exactly and I know what you mean about brows. I have a friend that plucks hers super-thin and into an odd shape and it's so confusing :confused: Unfortunately, I was not blessed with gorgeous brows (I'm blonde and there's nothing fabulous about my brows). However, I pluck only the strays and I've invested in some good brow kits to try to keep myself at least somewhat well enbrowed ;-)
As far as your hair is concerned, the one good thing is that hair grows back. Indulge your short hair desire and if you don't like it, it will grow back.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So.... I did it.

I love it.

Forgive the shameless selfie it was the only thing I could do :roll:

uploadfromtaptalk1384796585626.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

congrats....it looks great.....SMILE?