carat
color
clarity

Gypsy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gypsy

First of all it's nice to see you back...I don't know if you've been away, but it felt like I hadn't seen your name pop up for a while...so it was just nice to see it. :))

I wanted to ask you about about this recipe, you had pointed to this site a while back and ever since then I've had in my mind to make it.

(so many of the foods look so delicious, I'd love to try to make a few...but rice pudding is my weakness!)

http://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com/2009/01/persian-saffron-rice-pudding-sholeh.html

Would you say this is a good recipe?

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1427410338|3852924 said:
Hi Gypsy

First of all it's nice to see you back...I don't know if you've been away, but it felt like I hadn't seen your name pop up for a while...so it was just nice to see it. :))

I wanted to ask you about about this recipe, you had pointed to this site a while back and ever since then I've had in my mind to make it.

(so many of the foods look so delicious, I'd love to try to make a few...but rice pudding is my weakness!)

http://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com/2009/01/persian-saffron-rice-pudding-sholeh.html

Would you say this is a good recipe?

Thanks!

Hiya m'dear!
It's been really busy here and honestly, I've been getting burned out on PS. I take breaks and it's been time for one for a while. So I'm checking in periodically, for the most part I'm concentrating on the other stuff in my life right now.

I think that recipe looks really close to my mom's. She puts less sugar in it I'm positive. But if you buy it out at a restaurant it's usually very sweet, so I'm not surprised at the amount of sugar. Make sure you use good quality saffron.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gyps! :wavey:

Deb
:saint:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I see...

I understand...

Well, I'm glad to see you, and I hope it never gets to the point that you don't come around at all...but always you have to do what's right/good for you.

Thank you for verifying the recipe, and for mentioning the sugar...I didn't think to mention it when I posted it, but I would definitely reduce the sugar content. Neither DH or I like very sweet, we've cut down our sugar a lot, so we find many things overly sweet now. ETA: OK on the saffron...I have some that I think is from Spain, but I have no idea if it's good quality or not (don't even remember how/why I have it...)

Well, say hello to the kitties and take care of yourself (hope your DH is good too).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to have problems moderating my time on PS. I wish I could be good about just posting moderately. But I am an all or nothing type poster. Either I'm all in, or I'm out. Moderation isn't a skill I have.

:)

I can check in occasionally on Hangout, but if I go on RT, I get sucked in. It's me, not PS that's the problem.

As for saffron, as long as it is a dark color (red) and fresh you should be fine.

You take care too. And your DH and kitties too. I'll pop in on Hangout. No worries.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1427736918|3854589 said:
Hi Gypsy, Great to see you :wavey:

Hi Callie. You too!! Hope all is well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results