shape
carat
color
clarity

Groovy, another step towards equality for gays

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/08/politics/holder-same-sex-marriage-rights/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Partial Snip:

The U.S. government will recognize same-sex marriages as equal to traditional marriages in all federal matters, including in U.S. courts, bankruptcies, prison visits and survivor benefits, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Saturday.

The expansion of such federal recognition will include 34 states where same-sex marriage isn't legal, but the new federal benefits being extended to those states will apply only where the U.S. government has jurisdiction, Holder said.

For example, a same-sex couple legally married in Massachusetts can now have their federal bankruptcy proceeding recognized in Alabama, even though it doesn't allow same-sex marriages.
In the past, the U.S. government could challenge the couple's joint bankruptcy because Alabama doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
over due! glad it is finally happening. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so impressed with Michael Sam for coming out ahead of the NFL draft. :appl: :appl: :appl: That had to take some courage and a lot of personal conviction, and it could well be a game-changer for some young man or woman out there.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1392067562|3612152 said:
I'm so impressed with Michael Sam for coming out ahead of the NFL draft. :appl: :appl: :appl: That had to take some courage and a lot of personal conviction, and it could well be a game-changer for some young man or woman out there.

+1.

I'm amazed.
I did not think I'd live to see so much change.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
So now the Feds can slap a marriage penalty tax on all the gay marrieds. :rolleyes: Be careful what you wish for. But congratulations, anyway. ;-D

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Happy to see so many steps taken in the last year towards equality.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
There's been so many advances lately that these threads are starting to be boring, Kenny. ;-)

Isn't that fantastic ?!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

:bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1392145772|3612934 said:
There's been so many advances lately that these threads are starting to be boring, Kenny. ;-)

Isn't that fantastic ?!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

:bigsmile:

Totally!

I can't wait till the whole subject vanishes.
That may be a while.
American slaves were 'freed' 151 years ago, but racism is still alive and well today in many American minds.

Humans just love to feel superior to someone.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's good to see this country catching up with this century.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1392164618|3613181 said:
It's good to see this country catching up with this century.

It's about time isn't it. Makes you wonder what the heck took (is taking) so long.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. It's about time.

2. Against my better judgment I read the comments on this article. As I have often espoused, as a society we are doomed.

3. Marriage for all! Why should straight people be the only ones who are miserable. (I KID, KENNY, I KID!!! YOU KNOW I LUVS YA!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results