shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Whale Story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Found this on Snopes.com and just loved it. For all you animal lovers out there...

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/whalethanks.asp

face23.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Cute story and I love the word anthropomorphize! It is nice to see a positive story with a happy ending!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for sharing. There is so little we know about these wonderful sea creatures and the affinity they can show with humans at times is so touching. I think she probably was thanking her rescuers.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing.

You know what the problem is...we tend to think we are the most intelligent creatures on the planet. We are definitely kidding ourselves
23.gif

A great story though
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story. Just amazing, thanks for sharing it with us!!!
1.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing that story! I''m slightly obsessed with whales and dolphins so I love hearing those stories!

I''ve been on a couple of Whale Watching tours (Nova Scotia, California), and have seen a few swimming around while working out on some of the islands off the coast of Seattle, and they are so social. They come up to the boat and visit and they seem so intelligent! On one of the trips we saw about 250 dolphins, and they surrounded the boat and played...the water looked like it was boiling! Here is one of the pics we took!

My husband does a lot of ocean swimming and diving here in San Diego, and he had a dolphin that would bump him lightly, swim on it''s back and totally wanted to play. He said that it seemed frustrated that he was so slow in the water! Apparently some swam by our front window (we''re on the beach) about 3 weeks ago...but I haven''t seen any!

dolphinssd.jpg

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely teared up when I read it.
face16.gif
I love stories like this.
face23.gif

Tawn: Great picture! I love dolphins too. Oh who am I kidding, I love ALL kinds of animals, reptiles (turtles, frogs), birds, mammals, marsupials...
9.gif
. If I had my way, my entire house would be filled with every type of animal imaginable!
3.gif
2.gif
Fortunately, local laws (and my sweetie) prevent me from turning my house into a barn! Hmmm....maybe a house in the country is the ticket...
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeez, I get the Chronicle every week. Think I woulda seen it.
20.gif
But then again I''m usually perusing the circulars.
2.gif
That was an awesome story!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
face23.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing that story, it was so sweet! I''m always glad to hear stories like this with happy endings.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results