shape
carat
color
clarity

Good news :) Job at T&Co!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, a while ago I had mentioned a desire to get into the jewelry industry. Well, things have happened at breakneck speed. I finished AJP and applied to Tiffany :D I have been offered a job and will start very soon. Will be asking mods to change my designation to trade :appl: :appl: :appl: So excited! Just wanted to share this news with you folks :sun: :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is SO cool!! CONGRATS!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations.

But, I wonder though if Tiffany will allow you to keep posting here.
I'd guess they would not want even the remote appearance you represent T&Co on a diamond forum, especially since most T&Co posts here are not very complimentary.
Also, now you're under a gag order regarding posts about Tiffany.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations, that's awesome!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys :)) I wanted to mention a huge Thank You to Vera Wages from WF. I had phoned her to ask her about the industry and career paths and she was so sweet and kind. She gave me a lot of guidance! She is awesome. :praise:

Kenny, to be on the safe side, I am going to curtail my postings and will just stick to SMTB and Hangout... I anyway don't post in other forums like RockyTalky. I also do not intend to post anything about the company itself... I am sure there are confidentiality agreements I will have to sign, which I fully respect.

I don't want to mislead anyone, that's why I have contacted mods about the Trade designation. :)) Also I couldn't wait to share the news with PSers. :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hope you enjoy it. You'll learn a lot. I'll be interested to hear what you think in a couple months after you've settled in.

--- Laurie

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1380842952|3531730 said:
I'll be interested to hear what you think in a couple months after you've settled in.

Agreed, but I doubt she'll be at liberty to say.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! There used to be a poster on CS who worked for Tiffany for years. I can't remember exactly who but she had some great infomration (the good, the bad and the ugly of Tiffanys) and I always enjoyed reading about it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your new career!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!, What kind of discount can you offer us PSers?.. :Up_to_something:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very happy for you!

cheers--Sharon

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Rubyshoe! Can you disclose which store you'll be working at? All of us Chicago area psers can do a field trip and visit you!
I'm trying to round up a little group to go to Oak Brook this month.
Of course we won't mention anything about PS or your secret name :naughty:

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That's cool!

I did a Christmas season at Tiffany once some years back. A very fascinating experience! Our Tiffany had some odd management types which I don't know if that is representative of the company or not. But I did learn how to tie that bow :D

Tiffany gives good benefits to their people and some of the sales people stay for years and years which must be a good sign. Plus you get a good discount and there are "employee store" items that are even cheaper. I spent every penny I earned times two!

Enjoy :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1380844628|3531758 said:
Congratulations! There used to be a poster on CS who worked for Tiffany for years. I can't remember exactly who but she had some great infomration (the good, the bad and the ugly of Tiffanys) and I always enjoyed reading about it.

SB: It was two posters before you, lol! You're talking about JF. :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
So cool!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Ruby! That's such exciting news!! I dream of one day working for a jewelers, perhaps when my children are both at school. I would be as happy as a pig in muck :D

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting, I would love to work in the jewelry business but my DH fears I would never bring home a paycheck. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Ruby! My gf and classmate in graduate school kept her PT T&Co job for a bit after graduation just for the benefits. She got some sweet deals as well as a lovely set of Tiffany sterling silver flatware.Good luck and hopefully it is a good stepping stone to bigger and better things to come!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Enjoy!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, want to be my new best friend? :naughty:

Seriously, I am SO excited and happy for you! That is a BIG deal, to get a job at Tiffany! I am set in my career so I don't think I'll be changing; however I do dream of working a Christmas period at Tiffany, as a seasonal temp, just for the experience of a lifetime. It's definitely on my bucket list.

Congratulations on your new job! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, all of you are so super sweet. I am so touched by your happiness for me :love: I can't explain how excited I am! I'm practically dancing in my computer chair as I type this! :bigsmile: DH is really happy too, he said it's the equivalent of him working in an icecream parlor :cheeky:

Woofmama: How fun would that be! I have listings up on LT and DB. When you guys decide to visit, you can message me and I will tell you the location etc.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
We are all super-happy for you! We love the PS vendors on here, and although I know I can get an equivalent or better diamond from BGD, I harbor a not-so-secret love for the heritage, design and quality of Tiffany. Not all of their things are my taste and I know they're expensive, but if you choose carefully you can get something that is exquisitely made and which comes with a lifetime service guarantee. Example: a simple pair of gold bow stud earrings. Nowhere else does them like Tiffany. The edges are delicately bezeled, the proportions are perfect, they are just wonderful.

I've got a couple of books about Tiffany that you might like. One is a lovely coffee table book, written by a legendary design director of Tiffany, and the other is a Kindle short book written by a woman who spent a summer working at Tiffany on Fifth Avenue in the 1940s. The books will get you in the mood! They are both very enjoyable.

http://www.amazon.com/Tiffany-Style-170-Years-Design/dp/081097293X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380901353&sr=1-3&keywords=Tiffany

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-at-Tiffany-Marjorie-Hart/dp/0061189537/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380901353&sr=1-7&keywords=Tiffany

So, what will your job be? Are you on the sales side, or are you a diamond grader, or what? Also what is AJP?

So exciting! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1380863473|3531936 said:
SB621|1380844628|3531758 said:

SB: It was two posters before you, lol! You're talking about JF. :))

My brain is deteriorating as we speak…thanks minous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. That is sooooo awesome!!! :appl: :appl:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys :D

Smith, oh those books look amazing! I have an Amazon gift card. I will blow it on these books. I will be in Sales. :)) AJP = Accredited Jewelry Professional. I did the course through GIA's Online Education. If you go on the GIA website, you can find out how to enroll etc. I also want to do the next course, which is GG, Graduate Gemologist. Best part is, T&Co picks up the tab for continuing education so I won't have to pay GG tuition fees. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results