shape
carat
color
clarity

Give me your thoughts on this mounting

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone. I''d like to create something new for myself to celebrate surviving my near death experience a little more than a week ago. I''ve been going back and forth, trying to decide if I should make myself a three stone ring or a halo-ed e-ring with this estate diamond I have. I''m leaning towards making myself a nice classic three stone that will hold up to every day wear. Please tell me what you think of this setting-

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Ashley-round-cut-diamond-trio-by-Eternity-(.58-ctw.)-236.htm

I had a nice long chat with Yoni at Eternity Diamonds this morning and as soon as I''m well enough to go into Manhattan, I''m going to pay them a visit. ED sounds like a very nice company, and they''re willing to tweek the mounting to make it exactly what I want. They make everything themselves and I like that.

7296D Eternity Diamonds Ashley.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted something a little bit more substantial than what we''re used to seeing because I want to be able to wear it everyday without worrying about wear and tear. I also thought the profile was a little bit different, and the side diamonds would be protected by that little shoulder swoopy element. The price will be significantly reduced because I wouldn''t be buying the side diamonds from them. That makes that particular setting half as expensive as any three stone from any of our more popular vendors.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it! I think the melee diamonds on the basket though will require maintenance, but less than a halo. What size stones?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2010 12:38:15 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I like it! I think the melee diamonds on the basket though will require maintenance, but less than a halo. What size stones?
I requested plain polished baskets and they were OK with that. We're on the same page dd. Do you like the slight chunkiness of it? I didn't want something too dainty.

How do you think this would look with B&L's fishtail pave' band? Or should I just do a shared prong half eternity?

I haven't decided yet on the size of the side stones but probably 25 pointers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results