shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts for him . . .

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is incredibly difficult to find gifts for my DH. I thought I might find some inspiration here. What are your man gifts this year?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My theme for DH this year is "my husband is 33 going on 12." He loves Legos and has all of his from when he was a kid. The damn things are so freaking expensive (for what they are) and hardly ever go on sale. Well, I found them online fr 30% off so he is getting some. I also got him a shower blue tooth speaker so he doesn't have to have his phone in the shower with him to listen to music. I'm trying very hard to get him a PlayStation 4 (see the theme?) but am not sure if I can pull it off. Those things are pretty hard to find right now.

So I'm probably no help unless you are also married to a man-child.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! That's awesome! Sounds like your little guy has a permanent buddy to play with him at home!! Good luck with the PS4.

He doesn't really listen to music in the shower, but he does listen to podcasts, and has taken to using some Bluetooth headphone (just one?) recently. I am sure there is a whole world of headphones out there, that I know nothing about. Maybe that would be something to get? He is definitely a non-splurgy, only into basics kind of guy who does not wear sweaters. Haha. For example, I asked him if he needed a new wallet. His response: "Not this year, no. But, I do need a book of stamps. I'm almost out." He's hilarious! Help??

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it depends on what his interests are. DH is getting a pair of smartwool socks (it seems everyone loves those), giftcard to guitar center, food gifts, and a graphic novel he wanted. I was also going to get him an itunes giftcard but ran out of money. And then I usually put some kind of bourbon in his stocking but when I asked him to get me some brandy for cookies I was making he went ahead and got a bottle, so probably will skip that.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got him a few ties from The Tie Bar to cover some weddings we have in 2014 and for school/work. Also I'll keep my eyes out for a flask, we lost his last one on a fishing trip.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A watch = guy bling... ;))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1387214921|3575350 said:
My theme for DH this year is "my husband is 33 going on 12." He loves Legos and has all of his from when he was a kid. The damn things are so freaking expensive (for what they are) and hardly ever go on sale. Well, I found them online fr 30% off so he is getting some. I also got him a shower blue tooth speaker so he doesn't have to have his phone in the shower with him to listen to music. I'm trying very hard to get him a PlayStation 4 (see the theme?) but am not sure if I can pull it off. Those things are pretty hard to find right now.

I also bought my husband Lego. I'm really hoping that it likes it! I'm so excited to give it to him. I found some technics, his favourite, on sale so decided to give it a try as a gift idea. I think I got him the digger one.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1387221806|3575443 said:

I also bought my husband Lego. I'm really hoping that it likes it! I'm so excited to give it to him. I found some technics, his favourite, on sale so decided to give it a try as a gift idea. I think I got him the digger one.

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one with a hubby who likes toys :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting the guy in my life an autographed copy of The Drunken Botanist and a bottle of something to go with. I asked the author for "bottle" suggestions and she offered up several - I'll be on the hunt for a bottle of Strega liqueur today. (ETA the other bottles on her list were: Cocchi Americano aperitif wine, a gin called The Botanist, and a Clear Creek Distillery eau de vie infused with the springtime buds of Douglas Fir. The Strega seemed like a nice combination of unusual and versatile.)

The book (a review): http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/...anist-plants-in-drinks-spirits-beer-wine.html
The bottle: http://www.seattlemag.com/article/perfect-holiday-cocktail-mixed-strega

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

Sign up at http://wiialerts.com/ - you add items (such as PS4) to your account and it will send you an email/text when the item is in stock anywhere online. It's how I was able to get a PS4 for my husband.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
My husband also likes toys so he is getting the PS4 and Xbox One. Also, the new Garmin 620 running watch. And a lot of other little stuff. I got him some tickets to a few comedy shows but that is kinda a gift for me because it means he has to take me out without the kids. :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a family forum...so I'll refrain from naming my "gifts." Let's just say they're in the "holiday romance" category. :naughty:

I also got him a bottle of Lagavulin 16 yr. and a case of his favorite beer which I had to pull some strings for because they don't sell it in our state.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1387224146|3575472 said:
I'm getting the guy in my life an autographed copy of The Drunken Botanist and a bottle of something to go with. I asked the author for "bottle" suggestions and she offered up several - I'll be on the hunt for a bottle of Strega liqueur today. (ETA the other bottles on her list were: Cocchi Americano aperitif wine, a gin called The Botanist, and a Clear Creek Distillery eau de vie infused with the springtime buds of Douglas Fir. The Strega seemed like a nice combination of unusual and versatile.)

The book (a review): http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/...anist-plants-in-drinks-spirits-beer-wine.html
The bottle: http://www.seattlemag.com/article/perfect-holiday-cocktail-mixed-strega

Excellent choice!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Jax172|1387226398|3575511 said:

Sign up at http://wiialerts.com/ - you add items (such as PS4) to your account and it will send you an email/text when the item is in stock anywhere online. It's how I was able to get a PS4 for my husband.

Thanks! I signed up on a similar site. I just discovered that our local Walmart has them in stock so I'm going to give that a try.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My theme for DH this year is "my husband is 33 going on 12." He loves Legos and has all of his from when he was a kid. The damn things are so freaking expensive (for what they are) and hardly ever go on sale. Well, I found them online fr 30% off so he is getting some.

I too am married to a man child and he is also getting the motherlode of legos.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I got him a few video games, some clothes etc. But really for our gift presents to each other we forgo something wrapped and do trips instead.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1387221806|3575443 said:

lol DH right now is on a Hobbit and LOTR collecting bender. He almost has them all, and this year I believe should have all of them. Thankfully (or not) the whole family contributes to this...delightful gifting. So we have all of the sets, unopened, piled all over our damn house. He's waiting to bust them out til the basement is finished again. Oh goody.

We got my nephew the Excavator and whatever power cable deal that goes with it from the Technik line this year as he's gotten into the robotics clubs now, and now I think DH is gonna be planning his next collection around those. I thought they sounded pretty cool actually.

My neice is also into legos, and we got her the City Police Station.

Sensing a theme here? They're all related by blood.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lots of Legos! I got DH these:

LEGO Prisoner Transport (173 pcs) 1
LEGO City Police Station 7498 (783 pcs) 1
LEGO City Police Pursuit 4437 1
LEGO City Police ATV 60006

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years ago, wives of DH's friends and I got our guys a NASCAR race car driving experience that they liked a lot. We got the experience for them because we figured they wouldn't get it for themselves and it would be fun for them to have a day out with the together.

Here's a link to 50% off that's good for the next 6 days.

https://www.savelocal.com/dealslp/offer?e=d180eafbwm_kJ_rZ15McWUFqf8j1q-d3qajOZTpfb3sIiHsfB-ynGRXZ7A7hZ7IRoxuGVIUpQNmICL7hyWzKbzwYE6fREs5bM5FaxA0CflwJLrloDZiGljbXpb_Ob_EuDxgoqB1xuVR6Qf844YTRawCEs_uubrSUwu7S2w8uQpvNSwLIapdv14Lm_CTlyu_2E41ZkhJX4wRfC5fv5scv1QNHA_8bM66Fy1iHNDiNG9Az03zyNjA&resp=false

ETA: the drive offered in the deal lasts for 5 minutes. You can add some extra time on for an additional fee.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cashmere. And a Creed fragrance.

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1387229154|3575561 said:
Wow, lots of Legos! I got DH these:

LEGO Prisoner Transport (173 pcs) 1
LEGO City Police Station 7498 (783 pcs) 1
LEGO City Police Pursuit 4437 1
LEGO City Police ATV 60006
If I could get away with taking a photo of what is VISIBLE in the living room without disrupting him right now I would. You can easily see like 8 or 9 piled unopened Lego boxes from LOTR and Hobbit collections.

My niece is into the City collection, so she's getting the Police Station from us, and I think my MIL got her a few other City items. Their father is just as into this stuff as they are, so it's not like they won't have a willing participant. I wish we lived near them so that DH could play too.

I had picked out a Jake the Pirate something set for my nephew who just turned 2, but my sister vetoed that in favor of a loud toy. Hey, if she wants a migraine, that's fine by me.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1387232662|3575602 said:
A few years ago, wives of DH's friends and I got our guys a NASCAR race car driving experience that they liked a lot. We got the experience for them because we figured they wouldn't get it for themselves and it would be fun for them to have a day out with the together.

Here's a link to 50% off that's good for the next 6 days.

https://www.savelocal.com/dealslp/offer?e=d180eafbwm_kJ_rZ15McWUFqf8j1q-d3qajOZTpfb3sIiHsfB-ynGRXZ7A7hZ7IRoxuGVIUpQNmICL7hyWzKbzwYE6fREs5bM5FaxA0CflwJLrloDZiGljbXpb_Ob_EuDxgoqB1xuVR6Qf844YTRawCEs_uubrSUwu7S2w8uQpvNSwLIapdv14Lm_CTlyu_2E41ZkhJX4wRfC5fv5scv1QNHA_8bM66Fy1iHNDiNG9Az03zyNjA&resp=false

ETA: the drive offered in the deal lasts for 5 minutes. You can add some extra time on for an additional fee.

I got my DH a Richard Petty driving experience this year! Plus I found a screaming deal so we are heading to Vegas for it: present for both of us!

Last year I rehabbed a cabinet to serve as a drinks bar in our kitchen for all his coffee, tea, and soda stream accoutrements. I've also given him a weed whacker, framed photos from trips, and I usually throw in something lacy a la Monarch's 'holiday romance' theme :naughty:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting my husband a funny sign to put out on the deck (which just got a roof and is his new "man cave"), Jack Black Dragon Ice (like Tiger Balm/Icy Hot, but he loves the Jack Black brand), and maybe will be getting him some tea. Our big presents will be a gun safe and living room chairs.

We got my brother and my dad these belts - http://koreessentials.com/ my husband bought into the Kickstarter and really liked his belts when he got them.

I guess next year I should get legos for everyone...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH loves video games. Cigars, Bourbon, and good whiskey.

I buy him some combination of the above.

Last year I bought him a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. And a set of 4 of the Glencairn glasses.

For his birthday I got him a nice bourbon (Jefferson's Reserve Small Batch) and the Canadian Whiskey glasses from Glencairn.

I've gotten him a selection of Ashton CIgars (his favorites).

And I've gotten him video games.

I get him clothes and things too but not as a gift, unless its something really nice. On year he wanted a really nice Leather Jacket one year, so that was his present.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I got him an Ipad air... he wanted the upgrade from the kindle.....this will be his first tablet

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all this Lego talk but not having children and living in a very small flat with no storage space I just can't keep up! Neither of us collect anything or have much space to store anything. I've been nervous to get him Lego because he might play with it on the day, but I'm not sure where we'll keep it. Under our bed? Here's hoping that we can buy a flat soon so that we buy storage and both start buying things we'd like to have. Then I'll definitely come back by for some Lego chatter and tips!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping the 3D scanner that I ordered for DH comes in.

He built his own 3D printer this year (Not the lame Makerbot, BTW) and that kept him busy for a while, but the scanner is prebuilt.

Darn thing better get here. :|

If DH wants Legos, he can print his own. :bigsmile:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1387337256|3576582 said:
I'm hoping the 3D scanner that I ordered for DH comes in.

He built his own 3D printer this year (Not the lame Makerbot, BTW) and that kept him busy for a while, but the scanner is prebuilt.

Darn thing better get here. :|

If DH wants Legos, he can print his own. :bigsmile:

Oh my gosh. :shock: :shock: :o :o I know what I want for Christmas, now! I want a 3D printer, so I can print legos that will accommodate my OCD, all the same color!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results