shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift for Darling Sister

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everone! I will be taking a trip to the mainland for my dear sister''s wedding in 2 months time. WOOHOO! So, the time has come for me to pick out a gift for my sister. Of course, it has to be diamonds! I''ve been so busy, and procastinated but I really do need to get on it and quick! I was originally set on a diamond solitaire pendant but my mother is going to give my sister one of her own diamond pendant, so I have to get something else for her. I am leaning towards the WF ready to go .8ctw earrings but then I''m getting second thoughts because they can''t be upgraded, and they''re I color. I know they''re still going to be very white but her ering is an E and I don''t want her to compare the two and see the color difference. I know she won''t think any less of the earrings but I really want her to have the best--yet still be affordable. If it was for me, I couldn''t care less, I own mostly I-J stones. I''m considering the WF tennis bracelet in 2ctw. But I don''t know if she will wear it daily. She''s kind of a minimalist jewelry person. But that line bracelet is so gorgeous! So what are your thoughts, ideas? Which would you prefer and why? Anyone out there have a DEF color ering and owns I/J diamond studs? Does it bother you? TIA for you help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are such a nice sister, can you adopt me?? Kidding aside, I''d go for the earrings. She won''t notice the color difference, they will be extremely white and it''s not like she''ll hold her ering next to her ear. I''d have them set in a martini setting for maximum effect. Less metal and all she''ll see is the bling!!!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kaleigh, you can adopt me cause I do not have a great sister...but I do have a great step sis...I like the idea of the line bracelet, personally, so timeless and she can wear it with her watch if she wears one...

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for responding Kaleigh and Diamondfan. Ok, I didn''t really think about this before but I realize she still wear these .2ctw diamond studs my mom gave her when she was a teenager. She has 2 piercings in each ear. These studs are in yellow gold. She likes white metals though so will look obvious and strange to have a yellow gold stud and one in a white metal? The bracelet can be in WG and it won''t clash with her wedding set, which are platinum. But she wears a fossil watch that is in a strange color, like pewter or bronze.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, then she could wear the bracelet on the other hand, and at some point in life her new hubby might get her a fancier watch (always a nice anniversary gift!!!) and so then she could wear them together! A little sparkle is nice and I do not think that she would find it too big, sounds like a nice size to me! And you are the nicest sister to be doing this for her, and I am sure she will love whatever you chose!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a good idea Diamondfan. If I go that route, I can always suggest her sweetie to get her a new watch for her wedding gift, since they are planning to exchange gifts. Thanks for your sweet comments Diamondfan. She isn''t expecting anything so it''s going to be so much fun to surprise her!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I talked to my sister''s fiance and I''m leaning towards the earrings. Anyone else want to share their thoughts? Yellow gold and WG studs next to each other looks ok?

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Leila ~
face23.gif

You are such a sweet sister
28.gif
, I am sure she will treasure whatever you give her!

If you go w/ earrings, since she already has a pair of studs ... why not get a pair of diamond inside-out earrings like qtkiki''s to match her studs?

Some people like mixing WG and YG together, and some don''t. Do you know if your sister would want to mix?

Best wishes on your search for the perfect gift of love for your sis!

Take care and have a great week!
35.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see... what I did to bridge the white and yellow thing was to get myself a two tone right hand ring. It brings it all together. But you said she was minimalist, so...and it is hard to know what a person will truly wear...this is tough! What about a pair of dangly drops, that are two tone metal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results