shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA distance education?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone here gotten their GIA degree online? I''m thinking of doing so myself, and would like to hear others'' experiences and input on the topic. I emailed my request for further info on the program this past Monday and received a quick response saying that they were processing my request and were sending info in the mail.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Mara did it. That is so awesome you want to do that Monarch! Kudos to you
9.gif

Elise

Rough_Rock
oh man... i''m so tempted to apply too! best of all, i just found out that GIA holds classes in HK so i have an option of either distance or campus learning. but the fees... i couldn''t justify the cost especially since i''m currently not working (or a domestic goddess as i would like to think!
emwink.gif
)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Nicrez and Cflutist did the online course.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
bumping for Nicerz to see
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i only took the first course in the package...it was fun but i knew all of the stuff from PS!!! i read that you did learn more in the other 2 classes but i just wanted to do it for fun and thought ''is it really worth it''...PS is so much more educational, and unless i wanted to go into the trade i probably wouldn''t do it again/continue.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent for the info a year or year and a half ago. Looked really interesting but still haven't done anything about it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your responses!

I know I''m much more educated just from hanging out on PS for the last couple years, but I went on an interview with a very upscale jeweler here about 2.5 years ago and she told me most of her employees had their G.G. certificates/degrees and that she''d like to hire someone with that equivalent experience or education. So I don''t think I could go back there, or elsewhere, and tell her I''d been educating myself on PS all this time unless she was familiar with this site or could "test" my knowledge somehow. So I''ve been thinking that I would like to obtain my education in a more professionally accepted manner, but I''m nowhere near Carlsbad or NY so distance education is really my only option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results