shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting Divorced - How do I wear my ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your divorce. I agree middle finger sounds like the best solution. Your new puppy is SOOOO cute!!!!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
He is a shih-tzu...he has a big brother who just turned 4...But They are the best dogs- sooooo sweet and they just want lots of love and are total lapdogs.

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
here is Oliver with his big brother!!!! Bentley is looking at him like...what is this thing in my house- He couldnt get used to him at first but now they run around and play- I love dogs- they love you no matter what!!!!

126_2641sm.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww, your new baby is too cute! So is his big brother!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I think the middle finger is perfect since you prefer your left hand. It still will be out of your way since you are right handed but the middle finger in NO way says you are married. After all, if you are divorcing and getting a new beginning, you don't want to wear anything that would be misunderstood and make people think you are attached to someone.

Divorce sucks, but as painful a decision as it is, it sounds like its something that you need to move on with your life.

Amazing ring by the way.

And your dog is beyond cute. I am itching for a dog lately but I know that right now with my kids, I just can't handle a dog. One day.

Edited to add: I just saw you responded to my wedding band or no band question. Even though my husband agreed on the purchase, this ring was purchased with my own money (money I inherited). In that light since the funds came as a gift to me from a family member, I would totally feel comfortable wearing it if I ever divorced. I would not feel comfortable wearing my original enagement ring since that was from my husband. But this new ring was suggested by me, picked out by me, designed by me and purchased with funds that were a gift to me. I would do either wear it on my right hand or on my left middle finger.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondTiff, sorry to hear that you are having to divorce. i''m glad PS is an open-minded community and you feel free to share here, though, that''s got to be good for your spirits. I wish you all the best in your future, sounds like you have your head on straight and you''ll be better off anyway! As for the ring, I think the middle LH finger idea sounds great! That way you still get to rock your (bought by you) bling but when you wish to be seen as "single/available" no one will be the wiser. Your new puppy Oliver is just too adorable, love the side-by-side shoe pic!!! Stay strong, lady!!!
36.gif
35.gif

I am kind of torn on this, I would like to say do as you please. but on the other hand you are eventually going to be going out to meet guys, and hoping to meet them in random locations:). And good guys will notice that you have a ring on your finger and if they are truly good guys worth having a serious relationship it will cause them not to pay much attention to you other than to say hi, etc if you are in their path and move on. if he did say hi he might ask you if you are married, but he might not.

but in that same situation if you start talking about marriage to clear your image its going to be a turnoff, but if he ask you and mention a divorce, well, that isn't the best opener and may make you sound bitter. So I would recommend either getting it resized for the middle finger, or buying yourself some new bling for your pinky, middle and right hand ring finger. that way it just looks like you love bling:).

But honestly, the vast majority of men that hit on you won't be very desirable or have very "true" intentions. And to keep it on your ring finger would only reduce the number of desirable men to approach you while having little to no affect on the undesirables. So I say in this case if you want a man that respects tradition, society and women in your future, you should probably respect those rules as well. I know you women will hate me for saying that, I don't like it a lot myself, but I just don't see any real way to get around it without reducing the chances of getting where you might want to be in the future. though I am sure you don't want something right now, so wherever shouldn't matter for the moment I suppose.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dtiff, I am sorry you''ll have to go through all the hard work of a divorce, but I am happy for you b/c nothing messes up your life more than being married to the wrong person and now you are taking action which is pretty exciting. Once you are through the worst, you''ll feel sooooo good.

I think the left middle finger is a good idea. Or you can use it on your right hand but maybe be careful and don''t use it when you are doing very active things that could hurt it. I personally would probably not wear it on my left ring finger cause it will look like and engagement ring and that is not what is happening.

I wish you all the very best as you approach the new phase of your life. I hope it is liberating and fun and opens many new doors for you. It is a big step to invite change into your life and I hope it goes well and that you find many new adventures and happiness.

And....your doggies are so super cute. Love them!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Again- THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!! I know I will get through this and Im going to learn from it and take the positive with me.....But - I don''t know WHY I didnt think of this before but I have the tanzanite ring which fits my middle finger! I put it on and actually I LOVE IT THERE!!! I like it on the middle more than the right ring finger- I have never seen the sex in the city show about the canary and the middle finger???? I have GOT TO SEE THAT!!!!!!
emwink.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your divorce, I''m sure that was a tough decision. But I''m glad you are at peace with it and feel it''s the right thing.

As for your ring, I think it''s very fashionable and though it was appropriate as bridal jewelry it is equally appropriate as just a beautiful ring. I also don''t like to wear rings on my right hand. Even as a teenager I always wore rings on my left ring finger. IMO, there''s no reason you can''t continue to wear it there, without the wedding band. You bought it for yourself and you didn''t get married with it, so wear it and enjoy it, even on your left ring finger.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 7:31:59 PM
Author: TravelingGal
No one ever asked me about my marital status except for men who were interested in my maritial status!
rings really don''t deter some men at all.
So true, TG, so true.
Keep your ring right where it is. Where it where you want to.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo~~ He''s SO adorable!
30.gif
I also think the left middle finger is the best solution.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Whoever said to respond to people by telling them "No, I am not married, just successful" is freaking brilliant! Just tell anyone that and if they have a snarky retort, let them talk to the rock by flipping them off with it! Just think of it as your way of rocking people!
31.gif

Your puppy is way cute!
30.gif

Picos

Rough_Rock
I''d say it would be right to wear on which ever hand you want. If someone really wants to know, they''ll ask.

Most people ask if I''m married eventhough I only wear an ering on my ring finger right hand.

Adorable puppy! It looks like it loves to play.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 10:41:04 PM
Author: diamondtifff
one more

OMG! Sooooooo cute! He looks like a stuffed animal!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forget the diamond, (which is a knockout BTW), we need more pics of the pup! That face is to die for!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 4:19:54 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/12/2007 10:41:04 PM
Author: diamondtifff
one more
OH MY STARS~ how stinkin'' cute is Oliver? What a doll baby!! Aw, darling..

And btw, I agree with the ''I''m not engaged, I''m successful'' retort.. I love it, in fact..

Is it ok to ask what type of business you do?
33.gif
.. If its not ok to ask, there''s no need to reply.. Me, I''m just trying to get future ideas for myself.
9.gif

Big huge hugs to you!

Yeah...That response is just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am having it sized for the left middle finger. I wore anothre ring there today and I love it!!!! As fas as what as I do.....take a wild guess........... I am a private jeweler- I have my own diamond business and and teach aerobics on the side...my family has been in the diamond business since 1912........I guess I inhereted my love for diamonds- Oh...but here are some more pics of my little OLIVER!!!!

126_2662450small.jpg

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Here is one when he is 5 weeks old.....I think he weighs 1-1.5 pounds here!!

124_2500smaller.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Remember the way Lisa say "Oh Olive-a " on Green Acres?

Oh OliveA I have got to hold you! You are the most adorable munckin there is! At 5 weeks photo I love you little guy!

Please keep more photos of him updated. I envy you so!

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results