shape
carat
color
clarity

Get out of jail free card

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Do you guys talk about this or have one = You can have YOUR time with someone without any repercussions?

Who is it?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, but this is an interesting concept. Dan Savage makes me think it would be totally possible for some couples, but it wouldn't work for us.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I wouldn't have gotten married again if I thought there was any chance my husband might not only have eyes for me, and vice versa. We prefer to talk about how much we enjoy each other, not fantasize about how much we might enjoy someone else. Maybe that works for some couples, but I've never understood it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chris Hemsworth! :lickout: And for DH it is Charlize Theron.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We've been there and it didn't work for either of us. I'm kind of glad we tried it though, because we both learned two important things that made our relationship better:

1) We are both monogamous at heart and neither of us feel the need to experiment or see anyone else anymore

and

2) We can get into a huge fight and still work it out and love one another.

Our best friends are a couple that are in a completely open relationship and it works for them and plenty of our other friends, but it's just not a good system for who he and I are as people.

p.s. I hope that's what you meant by "get out of jail free" card. That's how I interpreted it.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Well, for us it's only celebrities. For DH is Megan Fox, (blech) and Kate Beckinsale. For me,Chris Hemsworth and Gerard Butler.

I told him that if he can actually get those celebrities to sleep with him, by all means, go ahead. He's convinced he can. Funny man!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I play board games with my kids all the time, such as Monopoly, so I was thinking I'd get out of the slammer for free...and keep Boardwalk.

No, my DH and I do not have this.

D

Deactivated member 42515

I just wanted to add tho, that he got all sensitive and upset when I told him he can. He said "how can you say that! I would be damaged goods! I would never sleep with them! Even tho I can!"

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I keep teasing hubby with my unrequited love for Jake Gyllenhaal. :naughty:

But really, I would never go there even if Jake turned up on my doorstep wearing nothing but a ten carat OEC.

Husband doesn't want a GOOJF card. Or he''s decided not to tell me. Clever man. :cheeky:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the responses!

DH and I are too jealous and obsessed with each other (mentally, not physically, because I realized the words sound like we can't quit pawing each other... :roll: )

If we had time machines, DH would want Fairuza Balk from around the time she was filming "The Craft" and "American History X". For me, George Clooney! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :wavey: (hope you're reading this, George!)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not in a million years. I hate the idea of this.

I think open relationships/GOOJF/being monogamish work for some people, and my BF has had that conversation with his ex and they thought it was fun, but it makes me want to vomit. I guess I'm just monogamous to the core, because it isn't even a little fun for me to think about.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1360173603|3373680 said:
Not in a million years. I hate the idea of this.

I think open relationships/GOOJF/being monogamish work for some people, and my BF has had that conversation with his ex and they thought it was fun, but it makes me want to vomit. I guess I'm just monogamous to the core, because it isn't even a little fun for me to think about.

I'm like Princesss. The idea of this makes me want to vomit when I think of it in terms of our relationship. Great that it works for others but definitely not for us. I'm pretty sure DH would feel the same way. We've never talked about it but I would bet 100% that he would never be into this idea.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1360167562|3373584 said:
Well, for us it's only celebrities. For DH is Megan Fox, (blech) and Kate Beckinsale. For me,Chris Hemsworth and Gerard Butler.

I told him that if he can actually get those celebrities to sleep with him, by all means, go ahead. He's convinced he can. Funny man!
YT...thought i was #1 on your list... ;( ;(

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
For us, unfortunately, we have the same person- Daniel Craig.

So, you can imagine the dog fight if he appears at our front door.

D

Deactivated member 42515

vtigger86 said:
YT|1360167562|3373584 said:

YT...thought i was #1 on your list... ;( ;(
You were. Until we did the celebrity list and that made you unattainable. Unless you are some secret celebrity in disguise...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't have REAL get out of jail free cards... but we certainly do talk about the people we'd LIKE to make exceptions for!

gregchang35|1360227013|3374241 said:

I think that would happen at our house with Alyson Hannigan or the guy who plays Captain America.

justginger

Ideal_Rock

:lol: An epic battle would ensue. You'd be so busy brawling he'd end up taking Little Miss out for ice cream, leaving the two dads at home to claw each other's eyes out. :lol:

We've honestly never discussed this, but I guess we'd have celebrity exceptions. I don't know if, in reality, we'd be able to follow through though. Not sure who would be DH's pick, he's unpredictable and scattered in his preferences. Mine? Definitely Alexander Skarsgard. :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We each have a "Freebie" list. Fortunately, (or unfortunately :)) ) its all a joke. The list pretty much consist of actors/actresses
that we could never meet (and probably wouldnt sleep with us if we did)!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
We haven't ever had this conversation to be honest! I'm not saying that in a holier-than-thou way, it just hasn't ever occurred to me! There are some celebrities that I have crushes on based purely on their physical appearance, but I'd fear meeting them in person would deflate the dream :)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
From one of the longer marriages on Pricescope (31 years) - HELL NO.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1360257871|3374479 said:
DITTO!!! And we are going on 34 years in June. Never would even occur to me.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Being with one person is already emotionally tumultuous at times; I can't imagine that multiplied.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Johnny Depp. Or Patrick Stewart.

Not sure who JD would choose. He has strange taste in women.. ;)) ...a lot of the ones he thinks are pretty and would most likely choose are ones that I resemble, which I think is funny.

And it would never happen anyway, but it's fun to tease him and put pictures of Johnny Depp as my desktop background or answer the phone "I told you never to call me here Johnny, my husband could find out".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1360165313|3373558 said:
Our best friends are a couple that are in a completely open relationship and it works for them and plenty of our other friends, but it's just not a good system for who he and I are as people.

p.s. I hope that's what you meant by "get out of jail free" card. That's how I interpreted it.
2 yrs ago there was a thread about that topic ... :naughty: :naughty:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Nah. Definitely too monogamous to even joke about it. Not saying that in a judgmental way, just that DH and I don't have personalities that entertain things relating to (albeit impossible) cheating. Perhaps we're too serious? Ah well! :wink2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1360239387|3374264 said:

:lol: An epic battle would ensue. You'd be so busy brawling he'd end up taking Little Miss out for ice cream, leaving the two dads at home to claw each other's eyes out. :lol:

We've honestly never discussed this, but I guess we'd have celebrity exceptions. I don't know if, in reality, we'd be able to follow through though. Not sure who would be DH's pick, he's unpredictable and scattered in his preferences. Mine? Definitely Alexander Skarsgard. :naughty:

Hahahahahha.
I think that given how I feel ( generally exhausted running after little miss), I would probably bow out!!!

There are some posts about an open r/ship and for us definitely NOT! It wasn't my intention with the post. We were discussing it at work the other day- goojf. I work with a female crew: i am the only male!! The conversation was started by a female. Everyone named celebrities. And the conversation went on to say that if the opportunity actually presented itself, they probably couldn't go through with it; as the fantasy would be better/greater that what it is in real life. And therefore, it would shatter their fantasy if they actually didi it!! so, that is why I thought I would pose the question here. I guess I should have been clearer??? Oops..

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1360260425|3374510 said:

It is just soooo refreshing to know that there are couples out there that have been together for as long as you have been together. :appl: We have been together for 7yrs and can hope for the longevity that you guys have. My parents have been together for 47yrs next month!!!

Congrats on your commitment that you have to each other! Love it, love it, love it. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto...36 here...gosh, that sounds like we are ancient! One man is enough. I definitely do not want or need more than one. Although the owner of DeBeers or something like that might tempt me. :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1360289978|3374906 said:

Ditto...36 here...gosh, that sounds like we are ancient! One man is enough. I definitely do not want or need more than one. Although the owner of DeBeers or something like that might tempt me. :naughty:
DS...i didn't know you were that young... :oops: thought you were over 50... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results