shape
carat
color
clarity

Fur Fever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
There must be something in the water with all the new puppies and kittens on PS!!!

Here is Ellie, our 3 1/2 month old Miniature Schnauzer! We have wanted a dog FOREVER, and DH totally surprised me last weekend with a trip to pick her out!

ellie_stand.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellie is just adorable. What a great surprise that must have been njc!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwww......what a sweetie!!! That face is so precious!!! How could you NOT fall in love with that face?!?!?!?!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY! What a cutie!!! Puppies are the best!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
It was the best surprise in the world!!! DH has never been good at them, and i was actually a little mad when i realised he was surprising me, because he isnt supposed to be able to do that!
1.gif

She is a cutie, if i do say so myself! Here she is next to a 5 gallon bucket to get an idea of just how small she is. I used to think my in-laws Shi Tzus were tiny!

ellie_bucket.jpg

Hunali

Rough_Rock
She is soooooooooooo cute!
26.gif

My fiance and I are thinking about getting a dog soon too. I have wanted one forever. Where did you end up getting the puppy and how did your husband know where to get it?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
She''s cute!! My dad and stepmom have a schnauzer, Holly, she''s a very good dog very friendly and affectionate.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author:njc
There must be something in the water with all the new puppies and kittens on PS!!!
..and is it my imagination, or are almost all the new puppies terriers?

Ellie is adorable! She looks so serious... You must post about a thousand more pictures!
30.gif

I''ve heard that once you have a schnauzer you''ll never have another breed. I used to live next door to an elderly couple who were on Moses the Fourth!
9.gif

Great watchdogs, BTW...MosesIV used to alert the whole neighborhood when there was a stranger around....

widget

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, NJC. She IS adorable.

Ha-ha, talk about wanting a dog forever . . . my husband and I have debated back and forth about getting a dog for 20 years!!!!! Almost did it a couple times, but then would decide against it. Now that the kids are old enough, 11 and 13, I''d love to get a dog, but Mr. DiamondLil refuses. We have a spoiled bunny (she''s 5 years old -- I thought she''d be pushin'' up daisies by now), and since Mr. DiamondLil ends up cleaning her cage, he wants nothing to do with another animal in our household.
32.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I both grew up with dogs, but were about 5 years old when our families got them, so its been a while since either of us has had a puppy to play with... its so much fun!!!

Her favorite chew toy, Froggie...

ellie_chew.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey I think Portia has Froggie too! Does he have a belly squeaker that you can replace? I love that brand of toys..she has piggy (in two sizes no less!), froggie, duckie and some others.

Debating on a dog can go on forever...but I will say that originally Greg was saying he didn''t want to be out having to walk and clean up after the dog and now he doesn''t mind it at all and we wondered why we waited so long to get a dog.
2.gif
We split the duties pretty well, I spend the most amount of time with her and do all her feeding, but he takes her out late at night and first thing in the morning.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have invisible fencing so no walks late at night. Having 2 dogs it has been a blessing. It was in place when we bought our house.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
At first I thought this was going to be a thread on fur coats.
14.gif
LOL.

30.gif
Ellie is toooooooo cute! Congrats on your new baby!
30.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 2:43:40 PM
Author: Morticia
At first I thought this was going to be a thread on fur coats.
14.gif
LOL.

30.gif
Ellie is toooooooo cute! Congrats on your new baby!
30.gif
Morticia, I thought the same thing! I was like, uh oh... LOL

NJC, Ellie is absolutely adorable!!! Congratulations!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ellie''s just adorable, njc! What a cutie! (and such a sweet surprise from your DH)

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHH!! what a cute cute cutie! we should have a forum for posting all our cute puppy and pet pictures and stories!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 2:33:09 PM
Author: kaleigh
We have invisible fencing so no walks late at night. Having 2 dogs it has been a blessing. It was in place when we bought our house.
Kaleigh, I am a bit weary of invisible fencing. About a mile down the road where I grew up, a woman had two dogs with invisible fencing. Well, one night, right before Christmas, they saw a deer and both ran right through the invisible fencing...they darted in from of my mother''s car, and well, she swerved around one, but the other came running right into the side of our car
39.gif
. I had to run to the fire station that was down the street, and some nice firemen came to help us. The owner arrived shortly after, and well, unfortunately, the dog ended up being put down later that night at the emergency vet. My mother and I were soooo upset, and of course the owner was absolutely distraught (although she was so thankful we stopped and knew it wasn''t our fault), but the worst thing was that the other dog became soooo depressed after losing his best friend.
15.gif
My mother stopped by a couple days later to again say how sorry she was, and the woman told her that she was no longer going to use the invisible fencing. She also said she was looking for another dog to keep the other company because he was so depressed. I don''t know what happened with him. But I do know that that memory will always live with me and bring tears to my eyes when I think about it. And I know that I will never trust invisible fencing. But that''s just me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez Rascal, that''s terrible. One time Casper did leave the property, but that was because the battery was dead in his collar. Luckily one of our neighbors saw him and brought him home. Now I am on a battery replacement plan and change them religiously. But that is such a scary story, ughhh.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t invisible fencing where it zaps them if they go past it?

If that is the case, I am too freaked out to ever use that...I''ve read stories about dogs who figure that they get zapped quickly but then the next step is freedom...and then the invisible fencing is useless after they figure it out. Though I guess not all dogs would be that smart! I don''t know that P would. hehe.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
We live in a neighborhood with large lots (all an acre or more), and almost everyone (except us) has a dog. They ALL have invisible fences. I guess it''s just very common here, and it would be a fortune to put a regular fence around acres of land. The labrador next door got so used to having the electric fence, my neighbor didn''t even bother putting on the dog''s collar anymore. Recently, Coal realized he could "sneak out" and wander around. Once he was discovered, the collar went back on, and it took a couple of zaps for him to figure out he could not sneak out anymore.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Hunali - We live in VA and got her at a place in Maryland that has all sorts of different breeds. They were awesome, kept her extremly healthy and up-to-date with shots, even had her microchipped already! DH saw a segment on the local news about small dogs that need to wear coats in the wintertime, checked them out online and we went!

Caribou - I have a friend that has 2 mini schnauzers and knew that is what i wanted... VERY easy to talk DH into once he met them!

Widget - I can see why... I think i have been converted from being a Labrador lover to Schnauzers... she has so much personality and so lovable!

Mara - Sounds like the same froggie!

Morticia - I thought about that when i named the thread... i decided to keep cause it made you look!
2.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 3:13:32 PM
Author: Mara
Isn''t invisible fencing where it zaps them if they go past it?

If that is the case, I am too freaked out to ever use that...I''ve read stories about dogs who figure that they get zapped quickly but then the next step is freedom...and then the invisible fencing is useless after they figure it out. Though I guess not all dogs would be that smart! I don''t know that P would. hehe.
Mara, I think some zap them and others use a high pitched noise. But yeah, I think some dogs "evaluate" whether running through the line is worth it or not. A friend of mine used to have one and his dog knew about how far he could walk without getting "zapped." But when he would see a little girl that lived across the street who always played with him, he would take off running and go right through. Actually, a funny story, the dog did this, my friend''s brother ran off to get the dog. He took off the collar so the dog wouldn''t get zapped walking back through into the yard, and he ended up zapping himself
2.gif
. Hehe, it caught him off guard and gave him quite a "shock" LOL.

njc

Brilliant_Rock

We have a nice little fenced backyard for her to run around in and for any quick business. I have mixed feelings about the invisible fencing.

PnP - We should have a DC/MD/VA Pricescope puppy play date!

Heres one more pic for now...

ellie_side2.jpg

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
NJC, glad to hear about the nice fenced back yard! Gosh, she is abolutely adorable!!!
30.gif

May I ask about how big she will get when she is full grown?? (Always being nosy because FI and I will eventually get a dog, but I want one small enough to pick up, but not small enough that I might squish
3.gif
)

njc

Brilliant_Rock
She is going to get about 20 lbs... shes got some big paws too! I think she is going to be the perfect size, not too small, but not too big.

I love her serious, old man face!

ellie_closeup.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
and one of my favorites so far... PUPPY KISSES!!!
30.gif

ellie_kisses.jpg

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
God, that face is adorable!!!!
18.gif

Thanks for the info. Not a bad size at all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results