shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This week seems to go with Trussardi My Name... :D

Redwood, if You are going Guerlain corner, please, try L'instant too. I have both Insolence and L'instant. Insolence is more powerful and often too much even for me, who loves strong and "weird" scents. L'instant is more calm and delicate sweet goddess :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian and confection thank you so much for your suggestions. I will try to see about those. My town is so small that we don't have large perfume counters for testing. I did get quite a few samples with my order and a free gift with a ton of samples. I get quite a headache testing in a store even if they have beans. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1476381445|4086740 said:

Redwood, if You are going Guerlain corner, please, try L'instant too. I have both Insolence and L'instant. Insolence is more powerful and often too much even for me, who loves strong and "weird" scents. L'instant is more calm and delicate sweet goddess :wavey:
Good catch. Perceptions vary to different people at times. for me Insolance is "soft"... :lol: ;-)

Today I'm wearing Cerruti 1881 Blanche.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1476385103|4086766 said:

Good catch. Perceptions vary to different people at times. for me Insolance is "soft"... :lol: ;-)

Arkadian, I have edt version Insolence. Propably edp is softer?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1476387118|4086777 said:
Arcadian|1476385103|4086766 said:

Arkadian, I have edt version Insolence. Propably edp is softer?

I often find EDP's different and gravitate to them. But yes I was talking about the edp in my initial post. But I think it depends on whats wanted. I haven't tried the EDT, but we're going out tonight so I will give it a try if I see it! :appl:

Cerruti kinda lasts forever which means a shower is in store before venturing out.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Simple and clean today. Derek Lam Silent St. White Musks and florals.

_12541616.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ckrickett, I went the total opposite today of you and pulled out Kiehl's original Musk and layered with an amber oil I got from a very lovely perfumista. This one hits the spot without killing anyone else around me. Still, it does clean up after a while and the edt is much more floral than the oil (the oil is major skank though :love: :love: :love: )

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Chilly Friday insist lush Dior Poison :lickout:. Just perfect!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was cleaning out some stuff under the sink and way in the back I found an almost full bottle of eau de parfum Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise. It is lovely and I remember that I didn't like it very much, which is why it was probably at the back of the cabinet. The integrity of the scent is still intact. Our tastes do change as we age.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1476458801|4087025 said:
@ckrickett, I went the total opposite today of you and pulled out Kiehl's original Musk and layered with an amber oil I got from a very lovely perfumista. This one hits the spot without killing anyone else around me. Still, it does clean up after a while and the edt is much more floral than the oil (the oil is major skank though :love: :love: :love: )

I usually don;t reach for musks but this one just entranced me! I love the idea of musk and amber too!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Aerin Evening Rose today.

I Love the mix of incense, rose and blackberry. Starts off sweet and gets very spicy!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I've been reaching for my little EDP bottle of YSL's Black Opium... from the notes [Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense] I wouldn't have thought it'd work for me, but I really love it; not too heavy for warmer days, and not too light for cooler days.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1476540962|4087379 said:
Lately I've been reaching for my little EDP bottle of YSL's Black Opium... from the notes [Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood Essence, Patchouli Essense] I wouldn't have thought it'd work for me, but I really love it; not too heavy for warmer days, and not too light for cooler days.
I adore Black Opium!!! Its so delicious smelling

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Armani Prive Eau De Jade

also the bottle is so gorgeous!

o_0.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This Monday goes with Paloma Picasso. One of my favourite chypres.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose. I absolutely love this one. Some compare it to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose but I find them to be miles a part. This rose is slightly salty a tinsy bit sour, and as it unfurls its petals, gracefully beautiful. PWTR is like a sledgehammer in comparison.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1476712940|4087875 said:
Today its Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose. I absolutely love this one. Some compare it to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose but I find them to be miles a part. This rose is slightly salty a tinsy bit sour, and as it unfurls its petals, gracefully beautiful. PWTR is like a sledgehammer in comparison.

sounds lovely. I recently got into Serge Lutens but haven't tried that yet!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wearing a classic for me. Bvlgaris Rose Essentielle

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Warm and spicy Caron Parfum Sacre makes me drool today :lickout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1476777962|4088161 said:

Such a brilliant perfume. :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1476818326|4088328 said:

Yeah. As well as Narcisse Noir, Bellodgia and Nuit de Noel. All of them are somehow in same line.
Sweet, but calming. I would like to try Tabac Blond, because describtions of it sounds perfect
to me. But it seems to be hard to find.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1476884642|4088565 said:
Arcadian|1476818326|4088328 said:

Yeah. As well as Narcisse Noir, Bellodgia and Nuit de Noel. All of them are somehow in same line.
Sweet, but calming. I would like to try Tabac Blond, because describtions of it sounds perfect
to me. But it seems to be hard to find.

Whatever you do, don't go down the vintage rabbit hole.... Ive been there way too many times..still there in fact. This is probably one of the few times I wish I was still near the Caron Boutique. TB is still in the URNS, its still gorgeous from the urns though its different from the vintage versions(but of course!!) Luckyscent used to carry Caron but am unsure anymore.

Today I'm wearing Germaine Monteil Royal Secret It's the vintage, which is mind blowing, I love it. A dab will do you because its so [blow your hair back] loud. :lol: Thankfully mine is the bath oil not the concentree which I've heard is much louder :shock:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
You are funny, Arcadian :lol: ...rabbit hole...I have been there since I found PS four years ago...parfums are piece of cake vs. all temptations I see everyday on Show me the bling... :shock:...You made me very curious of Royal Secret. And what I just read it sound fabulous. I have vintage Estee Lauder Youth Dew bath oil and I found it much softer than eau de parfum...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1476893353|4088617 said:
You are funny, Arcadian :lol: ...rabbit hole...I have been there since I found PS four years ago...parfums are piece of cake vs. all temptations I see everyday on Show me the bling... :shock:...You made me very curious of Royal Secret. And what I just read it sound fabulous. I have vintage Estee Lauder Youth Dew bath oil and I found it much softer than eau de parfum...

Then you understand The Cult of Caron :lol: Like for instance, A lovely fragrance lover sent me a decant of both vintage and the last current formulation of Poivre. Oh my.... The vintage stuff is just unbeatable. The current is a shadow of its former self. I'm not sure if its even in production anymore (it wouldn't be here but could be in Paris) I always tell people if you like the current stuff, save yourself the heartache and don't look for vintage, just don't.

I have since changed for the day and pulled out Gucci II. Not sure what they've done to the stuff that's currently out there but my bottle is well over 10 years old. I'm going to hate when its gone.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Today violets with weird kick; Caron Aimez Moi :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique. A darker mix than Madagascar (more smokey, less citrus), and suitable for the "fall like weather" we're having here... ;-) (its south florida, its not exactly chilly)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian, that Shalimar flanker sounds delicious. Too bad, not any chance to try where I live ;( .

Chilly, windy Friday with Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
New one today. Givenchy Ambre Tigre

nd.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Estee Lauder Azuree. Yummy :dance:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1477101846|4089465 said:
New one today. Givenchy Ambre Tigre

nd.jpg

Considering I love ambers, I do want to give this one a try someday :love: whats your thoughts on it btw?

Today I'm wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results