shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That is good to know Missy. I haven't ordered anything other then Samples from Luckyscent in over a year! And its high time I do!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been hooked on Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil ever since I received a sample a few months ago. I bought a full size bottle immediately afterwards. I don't normally wear fragrances and hadn't purchased any for almost 10 years! But now I spray some on my wrists every day because the smell makes me happy :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scent of the day: Amouage Beloved. I love that you don't need to use much of it, so that 100ML bottle will be with me for a very long time...lol

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I recently got Terracotta Le Parfum from Guerlain. I have always been a fan of the way their bronzers were fragranced and decided to give the perfume a chance. Its lovely! Its alittle heavy on but it smells very floral and has very slight and I mean slight citrus notes. I love it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Dolce and Gabbana Por Femme Intense. I LOVE this. It has such nice notes of sandalwood, neroli and tuberose!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Im wearing
Tilleul D`Orsay

Springtime in a bottle. I'm at the end of my bottle and its so hard to get in the states :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of Springtime in a bottle...wearing Hermessence Vetiver Tonka this morning. Sigh. Springtime indeed.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wearing and Oldie but a Goodie, my Light Blue From D&G this has been in my perfume wardrobe for OMG over a decade at least

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1463058077|4030682 said:
Speaking of Springtime in a bottle...wearing Hermessence Vetiver Tonka this morning. Sigh. Springtime indeed.

I've heard that this one is kinda gourmand. Its not my favorite genre of perfumes, though I've been known to like a few ;-) Sounds like its a must try though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1463083265|4030893 said:
missy|1463058077|4030682 said:

I've heard that this one is kinda gourmand. Its not my favorite genre of perfumes, though I've been known to like a few ;-) Sounds like its a must try though.

It is gourmand. If you are interested go into an Hermes store as they all have samples of their perfumes and are happy to give a few samples for you to try. If you are not near an Hermes store you can just purchase a sample on Surrender to Chance.

http://surrendertochance.com/hermessence-vetiver-tonka/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scent of the day: Amouage Lilac Love. I was sent a decant by a very lovely person as a can't get it on this side of the pond yet. I don't get a feel of lilac's though but its certainly pretty. Its more gourmand that I usually wear though, but its ok I don't mind it too much. I probably wouldn't buy a full bottle because its not really my style perfume wise.

Any lilac recs? One of the few I found that I really felt was a good interpretation was AERIN Lilac Path.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
The autumn has arrived and I found my old bottle of Guerlain's Parure. Cooler weather and Parure is match made in heaven. So I litrally bathed with it today :twirl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds lovely. There's no fall where I'm at :lol:

I'm rediscovering some scents. Like today I'm wearing Amouage Interlude Woman. Used to be that I had to be in the right mode for it. Apparently, heat and humidity is what was actually needed! It does last an extremely long time though. Sprayed it on at 6am and I still smell it quite vividly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The change of seasons--Fall--is triggering a walk down memory lane. And it smells good!

Once I ventured outside of Avon (how I loved Hawaiian White Ginger! :D )--memories include going downtown on the bus to buy perfume at the Hudson's Bay. My BFF Kim and I would visit the fragrance counter on a regular basis. I had "a lot" of babysitting money and started buying the good stuff when I was about 14 years old. Purchases included; Je Reviens (Worth), Tatiana (DVF) and Rive Gauche (YSL).

I believe I felt very smart (and chic) while spraying that iconic black/blue cylinder of YSL...usually where someone could see me! :lol:

ETA: I also loved Mary Quant products--their sparkly pots were divine! Something called Mimosa?

cheers--Sharon

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
FOTD: vintage Alliage by E. Lauder :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Todays scent was Armani Prive Rose Alexanderie. I am thinking about getting a few others from this line. Specifically Rose Arabie and Rouge Malachite. I just love Alexanderie, such a sweet gentle rose scent with a nice lingering orange blossom fragrance

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I cracked open the bottle of Caron Narcisse Noir that I got on ebay about 3-4 years ago(it was a steal then!) Its a vintage 1960's one, and OMG....gorgeous! The noir missing in the more modern counterpart is in all its glory in the old stuff.. Yum :lickout:

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian|1474285436|4078293 said:
This morning I cracked open the bottle of Caron Narcisse Noir that I got on ebay about 3-4 years ago(it was a steal then!) Its a vintage 1960's one, and OMG....gorgeous! The noir missing in the more modern counterpart is in all its glory in the old stuff.. Yum :lickout:

Ooh that sounds heavenly!! I haven't smelled NN in a long time but I remember it being heady & amazing stuff. Enjoy!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just got a bottle of this recently but I am in LOVE Lalique Le Parfume! Wearing it today and it makes me so happy! Nice touch of Bay, Pink Peppercorn and bergamot. Has a light lingering scent of vanilla! <3

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1474333250|4078626 said:
I just got a bottle of this recently but I am in LOVE Lalique Le Parfume! Wearing it today and it makes me so happy! Nice touch of Bay, Pink Peppercorn and bergamot. Has a light lingering scent of vanilla! <3

I've always read about this being an amazing scent. I will have to try it when I see it (sadly I never see it anywhere!)

This morning I'm wearing Kim Kardashian Pure Honey. But I also didn't buy it so I'm wearing it guilt free ;-)

Generally I like this one though this morning I got a big blast of Honey Urinecake. (whew!!) That has thankfully faded away (and its also a good thing I don't work around others...lol)

Some perfumes I'm having to reevaluate because of the move to Florida. They wear so different than in the NE, so its a bit of a challenge some days.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1474380286|4078767 said:
ckrickett|1474333250|4078626 said:

I've always read about this being an amazing scent. I will have to try it when I see it (sadly I never see it anywhere!)

This morning I'm wearing Kim Kardashian Pure Honey. But I also didn't buy it so I'm wearing it guilt free ;-)

Generally I like this one though this morning I got a big blast of Honey Urinecake. (whew!!) That has thankfully faded away (and its also a good thing I don't work around others...lol)

Some perfumes I'm having to reevaluate because of the move to Florida. They wear so different than in the NE, so its a bit of a challenge some days.

I Live in Florida and I completely understand. Some days I have to wear lighter scents because of the oppressive humidity, and the next day I could wear heavier perfumes!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is a little heavier scent but I love it. Shalimar from Guerlain. Oldie but a goodie!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ckrickett yeah, gosh the florida humidity.... its crazy! on the east coast about 5 miles from water. sure its nice but that humidity really does suck!! Yesterday combine humity with those little flying gnat things and UGH!!!

Today I'm playing it safe with Roberto Verino VV Platinum. I have always loved the tea note in this one. Though sometimes the tea and lime can be a bit bracing...not today :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I forgot and missed out on picking this up last year from lucky scent but I scooped it up this year!
Baie Rose 26 from Le Labo. Believe its the city exclusive (chicago) UGH its TDF! What I am wearing today

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1474481987|4079295 said:
@ckrickett yeah, gosh the florida humidity.... its crazy! on the east coast about 5 miles from water. sure its nice but that humidity really does suck!! Yesterday combine humity with those little flying gnat things and UGH!!!

Today I'm playing it safe with Roberto Verino VV Platinum. I have always loved the tea note in this one. Though sometimes the tea and lime can be a bit bracing...not today :)

OMG yes, the humidity is horrible. Dulls my fragrances and they don't last nearly as long!

Also I am unfamiliar with that scent, what are its other notes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1474482459|4079297 said:

OMG yes, the humidity is horrible. Dulls my fragrances and they don't last nearly as long!

Mandarin, Lime, Green tea, Amber, Tiare, Coriander, Violet, Lotus, Pepper, Quince

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1474482782|4079299 said:
ckrickett|1474482459|4079297 said:

Mandarin, Lime, Green tea, Amber, Tiare, Coriander, Violet, Lotus, Pepper, Quince
that sounds so NICE! I will have to check that out!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Got a sample of Armani Prive Rose DArabie, trying it out for a few days to see if its something I want to purchase. Its a very unique beautiful rose scent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfum Delrae Amoureuse. I hate that its so hard to find now (and that you cant get the bodycreme's anymore.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just did a count of all the new fragrances Ive purchased in the past few weeks. yikes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results