shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1437429431|3905381 said:
I went to the Fragrance counter to see if they had Creed Iris Tuberose, and they did and OMG it is heavenly! I have a few tuberose samples from lucky scent coming, so I will pick one but I think Creed might be the winner, we shall see!

I also tried Satin Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian, and HOLY CRAP do I love that I kept sniffing the little stick at the counter and murmuring "omg omg omg", it has so many amazing notes but has a lovely after scent of bulgarian rose!!!

I didn't buy either YET, waiting for my samples to come in so I can decide which few I want to buy!

also his rose scent is TDF too

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
L'Artisan skin on skin today.

Considering the purchase of one of Uncle Serge's Bell Jars from Barney's. Hmmmm... Not that I NEED one, but they're so pretty! I'm considering Mandarin Mandarin or Fumerie Turque.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
one of my 2 packages of tuberose samples came in, and I was floored by this one.

I am wearing it today and it is heavenly Le Rivage Des Syrtes by Parfums MDCI

Very sweet but not overpowering, lovely notes of tuberose, ylang ylang, sweet orange , and a slight hint of musk.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Last week went with EL Azuree, this week seems to go with Creed Spring Flower :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of tuberose, my I checked my email and got a coupon code from filthy farmgirl, who makes soaps and lotions in hawaii. My favorite is Tuberose Sweetgrass...If they made it as a perfume, I'd for sure wear it! They don't do coupon codes too often either, but of course when they do, I tend to stock up (I got the 42 bar box this time! :lol: )

Anyway scent of the day Caron Eau de Reglisse.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is another Sample day! But was one I got without tuberose

Ginestet - Botytris

It's heavier, and has lovely notes of honey and fruit, with an after smell of perky floral.

I really like it, however it makes my nose little sneezey, so this may not be a winner.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one tuberose admirer too :wavey: . Best tuberoses for me (after scent of real flower) are Guerlain's Jardin de Bagatelle and Mahora, then Piguet's Fracas, Carolina Herrera's Herrera and Creed's Tuberose of Indiana (last one is very faint tuberose though). I like to wear them only on very hot summer days.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am trying to get through no old scents--I can't handle 10 bottles in my cupboard! Have been using Chantecaille Frangipani a lot. I gets lots of "powder"--good for summer.

Will pick up some samples from Nordstrom's today--looking forward to new scents!

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1437834748|3907291 said:
HI:

Am trying to get through no old scents--I can't handle 10 bottles in my cupboard! Have been using Chantecaille Frangipani a lot. I gets lots of "powder"--good for summer.

Will pick up some samples from Nordstrom's today--looking forward to new scents!

cheers--Sharon

Definitely try Creed Iris Tuberose if they have it available!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1437851597|3907390 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Do they have more than one tuberose--as I recall one being very "green" and not for me.

However, I did buy Diptyque L'EAU de L'EAU today. I received gorgeous service at Nordstrom's from the gal there--hand and arm scrub and massage. Many samples of items. I will return! Their fresh lotion for the body is divine. But I didn't care for their tuberose offering--again, too green.

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1437856740|3907434 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Do they have more than one tuberose--as I recall one being very "green" and not for me.

However, I did buy Diptyque L'EAU de L'EAU today. I received gorgeous service at Nordstrom's from the gal there--hand and arm scrub and massage. Many samples of items. I will return! Their fresh lotion for the body is divine. But I didn't care for their tuberose offering--again, too green.

cheers--Sharon

They have Tubereuse Indiana, and the one I tried was Iris Tubereuse. I didn't get much green from it, a nice floral sweetness. So maybe you tried Indiana.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino for the last couple days (sample courtesy of Sephora), and I've been liking it quite a bit, but am still trying to figure out if I like it enough to buy full-size -- I think by the time I finish the sample, I'll have my answer.
It feels fresh and clean with a little something extra that keeps me smelling my wrist, and it has a decent staying power.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender, Rosemary, Amber.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1437869719|3907496 said:
I've been wearing Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino for the last couple days (sample courtesy of Sephora), and I've been liking it quite a bit, but am still trying to figure out if I like it enough to buy full-size -- I think by the time I finish the sample, I'll have my answer.
It feels fresh and clean with a little something extra that keeps me smelling my wrist, and it has a decent staying power.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender, Rosemary, Amber.

The first time I smelled NP it immediately reminded me of Mugler Cologne. Its not a straight dupe of course, but very similar.

Its gonna be a muggy day, so I pulled out L'Artisan Havana Vanille. Why they ever changed the name is beyond me. Its a beautiful scent that really excels in this type of weather.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Dyptique tends to treat their tuberose as green, not floral as that's their aesthetic. Amouage Honour Woman is beautiful. I love their perfumes because they really can handle being in heat without getting super hairy.

Another good try Parfumerie Generale Tubereuse Couture. Its sweet but its more sugar cane than refined sugar sweet.

I also think you'd like Caron Tubereuse but I know very few stores carry it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1438002357|3907890 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Dyptique tends to treat their tuberose as green, not floral as that's their aesthetic. Amouage Honour Woman is beautiful. I love their perfumes because they really can handle being in heat without getting super hairy.

Another good try Parfumerie Generale Tubereuse Couture. Its sweet but its more sugar cane than refined sugar sweet.

I appreciate all the recommendations for tuberose! I have not seen Caron anywhere--that is certain. Luckily I still have my standby--Carnal Flower.

Starting my way through the Dpytique samples--so far, no lasting power on me. Lotions, however, are divine.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1438003761|3907896 said:
Arcadian|1438002357|3907890 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

I appreciate all the recommendations for tuberose! I have not seen Caron anywhere--that is certain. Luckily I still have my standby--Carnal Flower.

Starting my way through the Dpytique samples--so far, no lasting power on me. Lotions, however, are divine.

cheers--Sharon

Thats too bad, the Caron Tuberose would be pretty much up your alley I think. It is expensive though, so maybe not so bad :lol: The pure parfum can be pretty expensive. I've always ordered mine from the Caron Boutique in New york, I think you can get samples shipped to you but pretty sure you have to pay for them (plus the shipping..whoosa!)

There's also Killian Beyond Love, I found it to be a sweeter tuberose with a dash of coconut. Not necessarily green but its also not Fracas either.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cheers--Sharon[/quote]

I also think you'd like Caron Tubereuse but I know very few stores carry it.[/quote]

cheers--Sharon[/quote]

Thats too bad, the Caron Tuberose would be pretty much up your alley I think. It is expensive though, so maybe not so bad :lol: The pure parfum can be pretty expensive. I've always ordered mine from the Caron Boutique in New york, I think you can get samples shipped to you but pretty sure you have to pay for them (plus the shipping..whoosa!)

There's also Killian Beyond Love, I found it to be a sweeter tuberose with a dash of coconut. Not necessarily green but its also not Fracas either.[/quote]

Not much luck with staying power with any of the Dpytique. Very disappointing! But I still love the body lotion.
My scent today is Neil's Yard aromatic body butter! Big lavender! :lol: Take the itch out of my mosquito bites! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I went though my big ol shoebox of samples and decants... Today I pulled out Salvador Dali Laguna. This is a really nice perfume. I always wondered why I never got a bottle...then I look at my shelf and see how many I have sitting there :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very odd relationship with L de Lolita Lempicka but today it seems to work fine...lol I don't tend to like gourmands, but this one, depending on the day, can be ok to wear.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1439131364|3912717 said:
I have a very odd relationship with L de Lolita Lempicka but today it seems to work fine...lol I don't tend to like gourmands, but this one, depending on the day, can be ok to wear.

I love that one!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1437502246|3905708 said:
one of my 2 packages of tuberose samples came in, and I was floored by this one.

Very sweet but not overpowering, lovely notes of tuberose, ylang ylang, sweet orange , and a slight hint of musk.

OMG, this sounds delicious! Where do you get your samples? I love Luckyscent and order samples from them to test-drive before I buy bottles, but would love to know if you know of another retailer!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving Nasomatto Silver Musk for hot summer days. I love musks, but they can often be cloying in hot weather. This one is light and very fresh!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really loving Chloe right now. Very light.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I wore Guerlain's Nahema and today I'm wearing Guerlain's Apres l'Ondee. It doesn't last very long on me so I foresee respraying several times.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wearing Bronze Goddess Oil while on vacation. I like the few sparkles it provides. Not much scent tho. I've been layering on Dpytique, but nothing stays.

cheers--Sharon

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1440543823|3919161 said:
Really loving Chloe right now. Very light.

I love Chloe! Roses de Chloe is my favorite--it has a very fresh, soapy smell on my skin that I adore in hot weather

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1440382868|3918284 said:

OMG, this sounds delicious! Where do you get your samples? I love Luckyscent and order samples from them to test-drive before I buy bottles, but would love to know if you know of another retailer!

yeah I got them from lucky scent!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blanche by Byredo. I was drawn to it at Barneys originally because it was named Blanche and anyone that knows me or follows me on Social Media knows I am obsessed with the Golden Girls. This scent however does NOT smell how you'd expect Blanche Devereaux to smell. It smells instead of fresh clean laundry.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1440881734|3920924 said:
tuffyluvr|1440382868|3918284 said:

yeah I got them from lucky scent!!

ckrickett, :wavey: :wavey: I PM you on the other forum!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results