shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Aoife. I will definitely look into this.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes Ormonde Jayne definitely. He may also want to pop into Amouage or L'artisan parfumeur (which is currently on sale). Amouage scents definitely last.

Other good sample sets include the ones from Parfums d'Empire, Histoires de Parfums, Ineke, Andy Tauer and Puredistance, though dont necessarily need to buy these in London as some come from abroad anyway.

That'll keep you busy.

I'll keep polishing my advertising skills for my second career! :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1405378532|3713279 said:
Yes Ormonde Jayne definitely. He may also want to pop into Amouage or L'artisan parfumeur (which is currently on sale). Amouage scents definitely last.

Other good sample sets include the ones from Parfums d'Empire, Histoires de Parfums, Ineke, Andy Tauer and Puredistance, though dont necessarily need to buy these in London as some come from abroad anyway.

That'll keep you busy.

I'll keep polishing my advertising skills for my second career! :bigsmile:

Thank you so much for the suggestions Rosetta. So many of your descriptions have me wanting to run out and buy the fragrance! :angel:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wanted something really sweet today so It's Prada Candy!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Prada Candy. It's my fave and the only one I ever get complimented on when I'm wearing it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am cheating--this is a fragrance thread and I am posting bath products. But in such a simple transgression, I hope to be forgiven.

In my tub. Heavenly vanilla.

http://www.morboutique.com/marshmallow-bathing-elixir.html

In my powder room, the Lychee hand and body wash. Fitting next to my briolette sink--looks and smells good!! :bigsmile:

Oh lala. :love:

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1406331790|3720704 said:
HI:

I am cheating--this is a fragrance thread and I am posting bath products. But in such a simple transgression, I hope to be forgiven.

In my tub. Heavenly vanilla.

http://www.morboutique.com/marshmallow-bathing-elixir.html

In my powder room, the Lychee hand and body wash. Fitting next to my briolette sink--looks and smells good!! :bigsmile:

Oh lala. :love:

cheers--Sharon

I am a giant fan of nice smelling bath products!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Brand new scent for me. It was a sample but I WILL be buying this, it is LOVELY!

Armani/Prive Rose Alexandrie
BEAUTIFUL floral/rose scent!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1407081124|3725387 said:
Brand new scent for me. It was a sample but I WILL be buying this, it is LOVELY!

That sounds lovely!

Two for me today, ' Love' By Kilian this morning, then I fancied Coco Mademoiselle EDP this afternoon. Both rather strong and sweet but they hit the spot.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Creed has some new fragrances:

http://www.creedboutique.com/76-creed-acqua-originale-collection

Tried a few--or got a few samples....see how they work out. Of course since I am a slave to Tuberose I adored the Iris Tubereuse. Green on first blush but the dry down is all awesome tuberose. Total yum. :love:

http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-acqua-originale-collection/201-iris-tubereuse.html

The Cedre Blanc is very interesting. I could easily wear it--not so masculine that the woodsy would turn me away. In fact it just might draw others "in". :cheeky:

http://www.creedboutique.com/creed-acqua-originale-collection/200-cedre-blanc.html

The Asian Green Tea, is not my cuppa, but my friends favorite. Just goes to show ya.

Incidentally I was going to discount the Vetiver Geranium outright, but when I got home....I loved scent where is was sprayed on my skin. Not what I expected. In good way!

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Canek-Gal, Please report if the new fragrances last longer than an hour or two? I must say they sound very promising. :angel:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1407272562|3726704 said:
ckrickett|1407081124|3725387 said:

That sounds lovely!

Two for me today, ' Love' By Kilian this morning, then I fancied Coco Mademoiselle EDP this afternoon. Both rather strong and sweet but they hit the spot.

It is amazing and from what I have read is a NM exclusive scent. Next time I drag my happy bum to the mall I will be making a beeline for their fragrance counter!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Marc Jacobs Dot today. I just adore anything with Jasmine!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eau de Dove Advanced Care

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, You never fail to crack me up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1408243939|3734025 said:

Really Ame?

What begged you here?

Insults?

Bad day. Not you. No way.

Your post is : not interesting. Not entertaining. Not funny. Or at least not for me.

If you find this thread outside of your sense and sensibility don't post.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I'm hoping one of you can tell me if this could possibly be correct. I found a brand new bottle of a Cartier fragrance that had been my absolute favorite about 10 years ago. We had renovations on our home a couple years ago and this week I found a new unopened bottle had been in a box tucked away in the basement. This fragrance is at least 10 years old and I think it smells exactly as I remembered. Can that be after 10 years or am just not remembering correctly?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1408284984|3734187 said:
Ladies, I'm hoping one of you can tell me if this could possibly be correct. I found a brand new bottle of a Cartier fragrance that had been my absolute favorite about 10 years ago. We had renovations on our home a couple years ago and this week I found a new unopened bottle had been in a box tucked away in the basement. This fragrance is at least 10 years old and I think it smells exactly as I remembered. Can that be after 10 years or am just not remembering correctly?

Hi Callie, I think it is possible. The basement is cool and dark and certain fragrances unopened will keep for many years under the right circumstances. Not all and it depends on what ingredients are in it but if it smells the same to you try it on an area of your arm and see what happens over the course of a few hours. If it is still the way you remember it. I am hoping it is!

I remember when they discontinued my favorite perfume I bought a couple of bottles and hoped for the best and it held. I didn't have the same 10 year experiment you did though but never say never. Good luck!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a nearby mall today to check out Marc Jacob and Creed Fragrances. First up was Marc Jacob. I tried two and really liked them but within 10 minutes I started getting a headache. The ones I tried were Daisy So Fresh and Daisy Dream.

Next I went to Neiman's to check out the new Creed fragrances. The Sales Associate wrote down the ones I liked best. They were the exact same Canek-Gal mentioned. I'm having a hard time deciding between the three. I'm leaning toward the Asian Geen Tea. It's been three hours and the scent has lasted. The Iris Tubereuse seems to be a little stronger though. I've been extremely lucky with the Creed fragrances as far as headaches are concerned. Thank you for mentioning the new Creed Fragrances in this post Canek-Gal. I actually like them much better than Spring Flowers. Wish I'd known before purchasing Spring Flowers.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1408310109|3734378 said:

Hi Callie, I think it is possible. The basement is cool and dark and certain fragrances unopened will keep for many years under the right circumstances. Not all and it depends on what ingredients are in it but if it smells the same to you try it on an area of your arm and see what happens over the course of a few hours. If it is still the way you remember it. I am hoping it is!

I remember when they discontinued my favorite perfume I bought a couple of bottles and hoped for the best and it held. I didn't have the same 10 year experiment you did though but never say never. Good luck!

Thank you for posting Missy. I'm sure it's at least 10 years old. I believe that was when it was discontinued. There is no way I would have thought it would last that long. I have no idea why I thought the shelf life was close to five years.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1408245244|3734039 said:
ame|1408243939|3734025 said:

Really Ame?

What begged you here?

Insults?

Bad day. Not you. No way.

Your post is : not interesting. Not entertaining. Not funny. Or at least not for me.

If you find this thread outside of your sense and sensibility don't post.
Uh, chillax. I posted it because that's the fragrance I had on yesterday, I don't often wear it. What makes my contribution insulting--is it because it's not a high end perfume like Creed? Because that's the way that post came across. So, got it, point taken.

For future posters of this thread, maybe we need a sticky: if it's not some high end phthalate laden spray from Neimans or Saks that Canuk-gal would approve of, you're contribution isn't welcome.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing homemade honeysuckle body spray. I absolutely LOVE honeysuckle.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1408310109|3734378 said:

It should definitely be possible, a few fragrances I have from my first job which was at a fragrance and beauty shop when I was 16 & a few that have been discontinued (example, my Honey Water from La,Occitane...RIP, I got when I was 19, I am 30) all smell as amazing as the day I got them!

I would say it's probably true for higher end fragrances,but I could be totally wrong.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Quick impromptu trip to anthropologie and I saw a Lollia fragrance I haven't tried before! Relax, Honey, lavender, and woody and vanilla notes! Tried it on and it smells better on me then out of the bottle! :dance: :love:

It was amazing, but I didn't get it just yet, I will though! Top of my list!

Description-A rich exotic blend of Lavender, Bee Blossom Honey with White Orchids and warm, woody undertones of Indian Amber delicately completed with a touch of Tahitian Vanilla.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is a Lush Lust frenzy day!

I am wearing their scent Lust, which smells like spicy jasmine! I adore it! I also put on some of their body powder that is scented with lust, and my shower today I used their Flying Fox shower gel, which is near identical to lust (lots and lots of Jasmine!)

So I am very "Lusty" today!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1409755296|3744008 said:
missy|1409683544|3743518 said:
Good news ladies for those of you who love Le Labo perfumes! LuckyScent is once again able to offer them (only for the month of September) so for those of you interested here is the link.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html?utm_source=scentletter&utm_medium=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx&utm_campaign=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx

Enjoy!
so tempted!

As far as I know it is the only place to get certain Le Labo fragrances in the states. I don't know how long LuckyScent has been offering these in Sept but the first year I missed it and I was so disappointed so the next year I made sure to take advantage and I got the Le Labo Vanille 44. Heaven.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1409756171|3744022 said:
ckrickett|1409755296|3744008 said:
missy|1409683544|3743518 said:
Good news ladies for those of you who love Le Labo perfumes! LuckyScent is once again able to offer them (only for the month of September) so for those of you interested here is the link.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html?utm_source=scentletter&utm_medium=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx&utm_campaign=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx

Enjoy!
so tempted!

As far as I know it is the only place to get certain Le Labo fragrances in the states. I don't know how long LuckyScent has been offering these in Sept but the first year I missed it and I was so disappointed so the next year I made sure to take advantage and I got the Le Labo Vanille 44. Heaven.

I'll probably get a bunch of samples. I just got Armani Prive Rose Alexandrie and Rose Arabie (couldn't decided between the 2) and am going to get Oud Cashmere Mood Maison Francis Kurkdjian in the next few weeks so my fragrance budget for this month is zapped! But samples I can swing! :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Also todays scent is layered. Armani /Prive Rose Alexandrie and Marc Jacobs Dot. It was completely by accident but smells really nice together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results