shape
carat
color
clarity

Found this beautiful girl kitten the other night

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this gorgeous girl the other night.

As much as I am already totally in love with her - she's a total love bug - we're going to make attempts to get her adopted. I *think* I might consider keeping her, but I don't think DH would. Although he's been asking questions like "how big is she gonna get?" and "so is she short hair or long hair?" ahaha But I don't want to keep her unless he really wants to also. However...should he consider it...I'd seriously think about it. She is just adorable.

She's tested healthy so far - negative for leukemia/FIV and had a deworming. But vet told me to keep her isolated for at least another 7 days before letting my other cat come in contact since she may still have a dormant respiratory infection. She also had some flea dirt but we gave her a bath with Dawn dishsoap (what the vet told us to use) and it seems to have done the job.

I am making an adoption sign for her right now and I am battling with whether to actually state that we want her going to a home that will keep her strictly indoors and will not declaw under any circumstances. Part of me things that stating it right off the bat might cause some people to be less than totally honest and it may be better to bring it up more casually. What do you think?

img_20140522_141957.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Keep her!!! :)

If you absolutely can't, I would be very cautious with who adopts her. There are so many sickos out there who want to hurt animals, and they target ones that are "free to a good home". Is there any way you can work with a group who can advertise and do checks, while you foster? That way you don't have random freaks contacting you, and it's much safer for kitty.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I think she's adorable, btw. Love her expressive eyes and those ears. I think she'll have med-long fur.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty I definitely do not plan on doing the "free to a good home" thing.

I'm asking for $75 (or should I ask for $100?) to help weed out the freaks - it's what I learned is the best thing to do for the reason you mention...but believe me, I am going to be super cautious.

However...I never thought/considered the idea of working with a group who can do the checks on my behalf...that is a great idea...

And yes, she is a adorable. Is there any way to guess how big she may get? Like by the size of her paws?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
where are you located?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I thought my Monster was going to be huge due to his bear paws. He's only 10lbs. However, my 16lb Grumpy has the tiniest paws... way smaller than Monster. You just never know. Does it matter how big she gets? It's not like cats can get that big, you know?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK I know DH does not want 2 cats. So I think if he is any way attached to her he's trying to find reasons for himself to talk himself in or out of it. But, I do think in general it HELPS wrap the mind around the idea of another animal if you think they'll stay smallish, even if it doesn't really matter...you end up loving them no matter what they look like. ETA: how funny that Monster is smaller than Grumpy.

Why MZ? Do you have groups you might be able to refer me to?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
possibly re groups.
also, it is possible a pricescoper might open their heart for this cutie.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww she's cute! She looks like a longer hair version of our Opilio.

just as an aside, JD was very ONE cat is enough (oof, even getting him to agree to one was tough). Then I got a second. JD was very TWO is more than plenty spank you very much. Then came Clem and ohhhh yes noooo more I agree w/you JD I do I do. And noooowwwwww Goose is the fourth and I SWEAR she is *IT*. :saint:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote to keep the kitty as she is adorable! :love:

De-clawing is illegal across the pond, thank goodness.

She does not look that fluffy, and I believe she is unlikely to be a long hair cat.

DK :))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's rare in my experience for little girl cats to get that big, she is adorable and I hope Hubby comes around that you can keep her. She would be a medium coat at best but I think looking at her she might not get much fluffier than she is and she will probably grow into a nice compact sized little lady.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is so cute and looks so very sweet! I would have a hard time denying that face. Good luck...I hope you find her a
wonderful home or DH comes around.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Keep her!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

She looks like a fairly light build, won't get very big at all. She'll always have soft fur, like an Angora. What a little cutie! :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is such a sweetie, I would keep her!!! I confess, I am not much of a kittie person, and soooo allergic, but I think I would have to keep that sweet girl! She is just precious. You know she will be happy in your home and that fact versus sending her to the unknown would just be too much for me. Those eyes!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a cute face. I love the white in the middle and then the gray chin.

I don't think size would be a big factor as cats don't vary all that much. It's not like the difference would be as significant as Chihuahua vs. German Shepard, for example.

I think that cutie could even sway my "one cat at at a time" DH into a two cat household.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep looking at that face, it's like she is trying to express her gratitude, dear little soul. I would take her if she was not so far away.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, she is adorable.

I can just sit there and watch her play and pounce and play and pounce. And then just like that, she can just calm down and be affectionate and give me kisses and let me kiss her belly. Adorable. :love:

I love that DH had the heart to rescue this little girl, knowing what comes along with it. I don't want to do anything that's going to discourage him from doing it again.

So what I'm hoping is that he has *any* thoughts at all about keeping her that he'll express it directly in some way. We ended up keeping the cat we have now in the same way (so I hear you, Packrat!) and I don't want any resentment later, like I wanted to do it and he gave in.

MZ - fear sinks into my heart at the thought of someone taking her, like NOW. So I'll do my own digging and looking and if I see I need help we can get in contact. Thank you so much.

What do you all think about putting the "declawing and indoor only" on the flier? DH thinks we shouldn't - that it should be brought up in conversation. I'm thinking he's right...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree with your husband. Bring up the subject of declawing and indoor only and see how they react. My initial reaction to anyone suggesting to declaw a cat is disgust and I can't even hide it. If there is any doubt, don't. People will say what they think you want to hear. Same goes with her being an indoor kitty only. It's just too dangerous outside.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we took it off the flier and will just bring it up when someone inquires. I also put that they must be open to a home visit. I think I could tell a lot by being in someone's environment even though I'm sure I'll feel pretty uncomfortable doing it. :sick: It feels a little judgmental but I think I need to be, on her behalf, so I'll do whatever it takes so that I am at peace with where she'll go.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her. I would want to keep her. But of course trying to find the owner is the right thing. My kitty is getting old, and I can't imagine being without him. :(sad

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1401050063|3679842 said:
I love her. I would want to keep her. But of course trying to find the owner is the right thing. My kitty is getting old, and I can't imagine being without him. :(sad

I already love her too LLJ...

I know exatly how you feel about your older kitty. I had mine pass of old age a few years back - he was my first cat - and it was so painful. They really do become family.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww!!! I have a soft spot for kitties -- keep her! ^..^

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She's so adorable! I hope she finds a good home soon.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04 if you met her, you'd melt she has the cutest roundest eyes makes her look kind of crazy which I love. So far 2 potential homes aen't ideal...one wants to declaw (no way) and the other one is a couple who have an older cat and a puppy...I haven't talked to them yet but they sound nice...I just think the puppy could be a good or a bad thing...I haven't talked to them yet to find out what kind of puppy, how they plan on introducing them,etc...so we'll see.

Thanks thecat :)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1401045725|3679801 said:
Yes, we took it off the flier and will just bring it up when someone inquires. I also put that they must be open to a home visit. I think I could tell a lot by being in someone's environment even though I'm sure I'll feel pretty uncomfortable doing it. :sick: It feels a little judgmental but I think I need to be, on her behalf, so I'll do whatever it takes so that I am at peace with where she'll go.

I will say the "must be open to a home visit" would stop me from even considering responding to a private adoption. I would be fine if it were through the humane society or another organized group, but from a private adoption it would honestly creep me out. I'm sure you are an honest person with the best of intentions but I think that's too personal. I see nothing wrong with mentioning indoor only and then bringing up declawing in person or even put declawing on the flyer. Those are things I would not have an issue with. Its surprising to me how many people let their cats outdoors. It was specifically in the contracts when I got my cats "no declawing and indoor only" and I was happy to comply. But most people where I live let their cats out and think I'm over protective. I don't care, my cats are family and no way will I let them out of my house!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Last May my son found 7 abandoned kittens. We think they were dumped by a hoarder because 4 of them were one week old and the other three were 3 weeks old. We raised all of them and had to find homes. I got in touch with a local rescue group and got all of them fixed and micro-chipped for free. They advertised the kittens on their FB page for me. We worked as a team to find them homes and I used their adoption contract. Of course it stated : no declawing, indoor only, cat must be returned to me if giving up for any reason. Maybe you can find a group that will help you.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I would not be able to give her away to anyone else! I hope your DH comes around and you get to keep her. She's just too gosh darn adorable! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results