shape
carat
color
clarity

For all you cat lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good kitty.

But, no. I wouldn't be very happy if he decided to 'comfort me' for a few hours unexpectedly. Now if it were something I was expecting... a kitty is a nice comfort.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
40.gif
37.gif
6.gif
10.gif
Pretty cool (in a scientifc way I mean)....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is one of the most awesome things I have ever heard.

Cats are very sentient creatures. We think them to be rather aloof, but that's because they are deciding whether or not they want to listen to us. It's not like they didn't hear us, or didn't understand most of the time.

That cat is a great way to make sure the family and friends are gathered if someone is going to make a final exit.

Though yes, I wouldn't want to see the cat near a family member for what it means, but it's comforting to know at the same time.

Very interesting.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I really think that is amazing. I am not surprised. My cat always knows when I am upset and comes to be with me. What a great comfort.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Actually -- very interesting. My department (hospital social work) works closely with our local nursing homes, and ALL of them have pets, which I think is so awesome. They tell us all the time how comforting and enjoyable it is for the residents to have access to the pets that live and thrive there... and one cat in particular will NOT leave the bed of anyone who is especially ill.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is quite a story. Like FG, I''m not surprised - there is considerable anecdotal evidence on both dogs and cats being able to sense when people are sick and changing their behavior accordingly. So far, no one really knows why this happens, but its pretty clear that it does.

He''s a very cute kitty
36.gif
36.gif

The shelter where I volunteer has an animal-assisted therapy program where they take dogs and cats (and kittens sometimes) to nursing homes and veterans hospitals and so forth, and its very popular. I think its a wonderful idea
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing story. Just my thoughts, I wonder if the cat can sense the lowering energy output or aura of someone who is about to die, also the temperature changes of the lower limbs etc, so he is picking up on many cues. Personally I wouldn''t be surprised that a cat can predict this sort of thing, they truly are incredible creatures. Just wish they wouldn''t stare intently at '' something'' invisible when I am alone at night - yikes - it makes my hair stand on end!
6.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 4:21:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
Amazing story. Just my thoughts, I wonder if the cat can sense the lowering energy output or aura of someone who is about to die, also the temperature changes of the lower limbs etc, so he is picking up on many cues. Personally I wouldn''t be surprised that a cat can predict this sort of thing, they truly are incredible creatures. Just wish they wouldn''t stare intently at '' something'' invisible when I am alone at night - yikes - it makes my hair stand on end!
6.gif
Yes, my friend''s cat used to do this. When I was catsitting for her I was like "What IS it? There''s nothing there!!!"

I was watching an Animal Planet show where they talked about cats intently staring at ''nothing''....and it''s because they can hear things at frequencies we can''t....like BUGS or THINGS IN THE WALL! ACK! Not to freak you out further...
40.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Shoo, kitty shoo!!!
25.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I love how a moron can BOTH get published in the NEJM and be splashed all over CNN for something like this, when people who do real science hardly ever get any recognition.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 4:21:39 AM
Author: Lorelei
6.gif

OMG, my cats do that ALL THE TIME! LOL! It creeps me out too... I just laugh it off and ask them if they are looking at a ghost... LOL

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
We have two cats that have gotten along well, very happy to have each other. A few months ago the boy (the youngest) started bitting the heck out of the female between her shoulder blades. They're both fixed it was unusual and unsettling, he quit doing it after a couple weeks. I watched the female for signs of abcess and infection but it never appeared that he broke the skin or that she was bothered by it, she lay there as it did it without protest. Then soon I noticed these small hard marble sized bumps, again looking for signs of infection that never came. The bumps got larger and one broke open after she was able to scratch it. Again she had no signs of infection but I had to take her to the vet where he confirmed she had vaccination sarcoma an odd and unusual occurance to cats that are about 8-9 years old that live in the NE. Hubby found her in NYC about 8 years ago.

I had found some info about it while looking up the odd behavior and related abcesses. We're so devasatated. She's doing well but the whole process is gross as each bump will out grow it's blood supply then break open. The smell is horrendous. There is no cure, the vet does not believe in the surgery to remove the growths if it does not seem to bother her. He says it will just end her life so much quicker. She's been so loving....extra sweet, she hugs and kisses, as if she knows there will be an end unnaturally short for her. It makes me cry. We do have different meds to get her through it, and she handles it all with grace and seems painfree. The vet says she let us know when it's time.
7.gif

I'm sure the boy kitty knew something only the two of them could recognize and was trying to elminate it for her. I believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results