shape
carat
color
clarity

For all iPod Owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I don’t know how many of you had the same problems with the headphones that came standard with your iPod that I did but I could never get mine to sit in my ears quite right. I bought the griffin ear buds but the parts where it snapped would bother my ears while running. Last night while at the Wal- Mart I cam across a pair of headphones which I am now in love with. They are tiny! They come with little pieces of rubber to adjust them to the wearers ear. They fit perfectly and did not budge at while I made my way across campus this morning. They are pricey for head phones (about 30$) but if you love the sound quality of your iPod want a great fit these are worth it!
B000779RZU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My daughter just got an iPod and I tried to wear those ear buds and they would not stay in. They just fell right out. So I tried it out with my cheap $5 headphones and they worked fine.

Those little ear bud things are strange. They seem unsanitary to me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bigass pair of headphones I use. They block out all other sound.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My DH uses the earphones from his Game Boy that sits over his ears. There have been reports that the ear pieces that fit inside your ear are actually damaging to the eardrum...anyone know anything about this??

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 1:42:32 PM
Author: ame
A friend of hubby''s has some great ones that block out ALL sound but they cost $300!
6.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but it''s kinda hard to jog in bigass headphones!
9.gif
I''m looking for a better pair of headphones for my mp3 player. Mine have gotten ratty from all the use and all the sweat that gets on them when I work out. The rubber ring is falling apart and they keep falling out when I get really sweaty. It probably is pretty unsanitary but I''m the only one who uses that player. DH has his own. I am curious as to whether or not they damage the eardrums though.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 1:53:43 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
My DH uses the earphones from his Game Boy that sits over his ears. There have been reports that the ear pieces that fit inside your ear are actually damaging to the eardrum...anyone know anything about this??
I''ve heard the same thing. Wonder if that''s true, I''d be interested to hear an official answer....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I had not heard about that...I had tried the over the ear ones but the move alot when I am going quickly and I have to hear "Yea Alabama" through them. You can wash the rubber but I prolly wont....My headphones are just for me.
I am going to see if I can ask the ear DR about them...that is the last thing I need is to lose even more of my hearing.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 3:08:38 PM
Author: pearcrazy

Yeah, but it''s kinda hard to jog in bigass headphones!
9.gif

HAH! Me? Jog? SUrely you jest.
25.gif

(not that I couldn''t stand to...im chubby)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the ear phones that came with the ipod. They HURT my ear. I just got a pair of regular sony ones that work fine but honestly I use mine more as an external hard drive than to play mp3s.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ah..well I just went jogging with them and my love for them is sealed. They are a dream.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sooooo glad you all brought this topic up! B/C I was looking for some IPOD owners to find out how do you actually get music to download? We are starting to make our Christmas list and this was on mine as an alternative to running with my CD player in hand as it skips with every step and sometimes completely shutting off
29.gif
Not to mention it is just annoying to jog with it in tow. Soooo I saw this on YAHOO! but never paid much attention to it in the past. So do any of you have the IPOD armband? Does it really stay in place? Does the IPOD skip while you work out? And how/where exactly do you get music for it? Do you pay by the song or do you have to subscribe to a monthly service?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:54:06 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
I''m sooooo glad you all brought this topic up! B/C I was looking for some IPOD owners to find out how do you actually get music to download? We are starting to make our Christmas list and this was on mine as an alternative to running with my CD player in hand as it skips with every step and sometimes completely shutting off
29.gif
Not to mention it is just annoying to jog with it in tow. Soooo I saw this on YAHOO! but never paid much attention to it in the past. So do any of you have the IPOD armband? Does it really stay in place? Does the IPOD skip while you work out? And how/where exactly do you get music for it? Do you pay by the song or do you have to subscribe to a monthly service?
Yes I have the armband for both the mini (actually iPod brand) and the Belkin one for the fullsize. I prefer the smaller one because it is a little lighter and shifts around my arm les while jogging but niether slides up and down whild I go. No skipping whatso ever! It is wonderful that is why I got mine I just could no stand every five seconds and it was not good for my cds to jog with them. You can put everything you have onto your iPod at no charge. You can buy music by the CD, playlist or song. I have no idea if they have a monthly service, if so I dont use it. Feel free to post any questions I am happy to respond. Oh and at Cracker Barrel you can rent audiobooks (CD) for 3.50/week and I do that, put them on my iPod and listen to them while I jog. It is great.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Cool Matatora! I am definitely going to keep the IPOD on my X-Mas list! I am soooo excited! So do you have to download the songs to your computer and then onto the ipod? If not how does it again internet access? I''m sorry, these are dumb questions but I am sooo clueless about these. Do you happen to know how much per song or for the CD?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anybody getting a nano? I just got mine today. I've refrained from all things iPOD to this point, and finally succumbed with this tiny little player. Very tiny and light! I really want to get an armband and a lanyard for it, but the darn things are so FREAKING EXPENSIVE!!! Anybody have one yet? With accessories? I've looked on ebay for accessories but all the sellers are selling for MORE (once you add in the shipping costs) than you can get it at the Apple Store. Ridiculous!

Anyway, I'd like an armband so I can work out with the nano, but they cost $29 and look like they were made for $2.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of iPods, Amazon is having a sale on the 4th Generation 20 gig iPod. I think its about 229 right now on sale, but if you buy an iPod accessory (such as a $15 iTune card), at checkout, use the code "FREESTUFFAPP" and you get 37.99 off. And with free shipping and no tax, the total is like 206.99 for both the iPod and the $15 iTune card. Also, some of the other Apple accessories are on sale.

Just an FYI. I hope Leonid this is okay to post.
17.gif
If not, I'll delete it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
LLL-If you buy a single song at a time it is .99$ CD I have pruchased have gone from 6-12$ except double albums which are more. You did need internet access. To update your Ipod just plug it in and it takes care of things for you.
FG- I have the iPod brand armband for the mini and while not cute it is very comfy, neoprene moves better and doesnt leave any marks on my skin.
I hope this helps...

Starset

Shiny_Rock
be thankful you''re not this guy

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4016385#

Castle Rock - Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica on his iPod while mowing the lawn outside his Castle Rock home Sunday afternoon when lightning hit him.

The last thing the 17-year-old remembers was that a storm was coming from the north and he had only about 15 minutes before he should go inside.

Next thing he knew, he was in his bed, bleeding from his ears and vomiting. He was barefoot and had taken off his burned T-shirt and gym shorts. He doesn''t know how he got back in the house.

Bunch immediately called his mother, who was in Illinois visiting family.
"Mom, I think I was hit by lightning," he said.

Kelly Risheill told her son to call 911, and she started the 14-hour drive home.

About the same time, a neighbor saw Bunch''s scorched green and white Reebok tennis shoes in the street, a few feet away from the lawn mower. She also called for help.

Bunch was taken to Sky Ridge Medical Center and placed in intensive care. He was sent home Tuesday.

"I''m alive, and that is what I am grateful for," Bunch said as he lay in bed Wednesday.

From the hospital, Bunch called a friend and told him he wasn''t able to go bowling. Then, he called a girl he was supposed to meet for a date.

"I said, ''I did not stand you up. I was struck by lightning."''

Bunch''s ears were burned on the inside, and he''s lost some hearing, mostly on the right side. His hair was singed.

His face, chest, hands and right leg have freckle-size welts on them as if buckshot had come from inside his body out.

The wounds follow the line of his iPod, from his ears down his right side to his hip, where he was carrying the device. The iPod has a hole in the back, and the earbuds dissolved into green threads.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2005 3:08:38 PM
Author: pearcrazy

I have a big*** pair of headphones I use. They block out all other sound.
Yeah, but it''s kinda hard to jog in big*** headphones!
9.gif
I''m looking for a better pair of headphones for my mp3 player. Mine have gotten ratty from all the use and all the sweat that gets on them when I work out. The rubber ring is falling apart and they keep falling out when I get really sweaty. It probably is pretty unsanitary but I''m the only one who uses that player. DH has his own. I am curious as to whether or not they damage the eardrums though.

I am far more worried about using the huge headphones that block out all the sound than about using the small ones, although I assume that any earphones that deliver a huge number of decibels to your ears will damage your hearing!

My fear with the big earphones is safety: I use my iPod while driving. I don''t want to block out all sound other than my music while driving. I need sound to keep me alert to what is going on around me on the road! Unless I am lying in bed, I want to be able to hear at least some of what is going on around me!

I liked those earphone by Sony that someone found in Walmart eons ago!

34.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 12:08:50 PM
Author: AGBF

I am far more worried about using the huge headphones that block out all the sound than about using the small ones, although I assume that any earphones that deliver a huge number of decibels to your ears will damage your hearing!

My fear with the big earphones is safety: I use my iPod while driving. I don''t want to block out all sound other than my music while driving. I need sound to keep me alert to what is going on around me on the road! Unless I am lying in bed, I want to be able to hear at least some of what is going on around me!
Whoah! Hold on a minute! You use your ipod WITH earphones, while driving??? Isn''t that illegal? Get yourself an iTrip or a tape adaptor or something else to play it through your stereo so you don''t have to use the headphones with it! That''s just way too dangerous to justify!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2006 1:45:22 PM
Author: sumbride
Date: 7/10/2006 12:08:50 PM

Author: AGBF

Whoah! Hold on a minute! You use your ipod WITH earphones, while driving??? Isn''t that illegal? Get yourself an iTrip or a tape adaptor or something else to play it through your stereo so you don''t have to use the headphones with it! That''s just way too dangerous to justify!

Why are cell phones safe with ear pieces but not iPods? My feeling is that safety lies in how much attention one can pay to driving without feeling distracted. The best example of this is shown in a video about children with learning disabilities called, "How Difficult Can This Be?" (Take it out of your local or school lbrary. It is very funny, while being educational!)

34.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I think it is illegal actually. Ipods and ear phones block out more sound that one can imagine. I can wager that a police officer would pull someone over if they were seen wearing one driving. Personally, I have seen people driving with them in and it really disturbs me to know that they are actually on the streets and not listening to the traffic. I think, no offense AGBF, but the idea that it is all about the attention that you pay is just like someon who has a drinking problem telling me that there is a difference between needing to drink and wanting to drink.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2006 10:46:36 PM
Author: MINE!!
I think it is illegal actually. Ipods and ear phones block out more sound that one can imagine. I can wager that a police officer would pull someone over if they were seen wearing one driving. Personally, I have seen people driving with them in and it really disturbs me to know that they are actually on the streets and not listening to the traffic. I think, no offense AGBF, but the idea that it is all about the attention that you pay is just like someon who has a drinking problem telling me that there is a difference between needing to drink and wanting to drink.

Well, I''m glad I mentioned that I do it, then! It never occurred to me that it might be illegal. I just knew that I had to regulate the volume so that I wouldn''t be distracted by it. As usual, Pricescope is full of (collective) wisdom!

34.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Usually a cell phone headset only plugs into one ear, not both, and they still don''t really let you pay attention to the road, but at least they don''t block all the volume. I use my ipod on my train and walking commute and it really blocks out all around me. I love it for that, but that''s not a plus when driving. An itrip is about $50, but tape adapters are about $30 and you can control the volume on your car stereo... much safer! I wouldn''t want anything to happen to a fellow PS''er!!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 11:13:16 PM
Author: sumbride
Usually a cell phone headset only plugs into one ear, not both, and they still don''t really let you pay attention to the road, but at least they don''t block all the volume. I use my ipod on my train and walking commute and it really blocks out all around me. I love it for that, but that''s not a plus when driving. An itrip is about $50, but tape adapters are about $30 and you can control the volume on your car stereo... much safer! I wouldn''t want anything to happen to a fellow PS''er!!!!

Well said Sumbride... Pscope would not be the same at all without Deb.. neither would this world as a matter a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results