shape
carat
color
clarity

Flat Parker

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSers abroad! I have a dear friend who started an awareness page for Childhood Leukemia after his cousin's son was diagnosed. There's an army of followers who participate in runs to benefit cancer. Tracey the founder and an artist created a Flat Parker and last year Flat Parker traveled all 50 states sending back pictures and stories for the real Parker under going treatment. Well, the battle continues but Flat Parker is taking on the world! We are looking for sponsors. You just have to agree to host Parker for a few days and to take him to some place close by and share the experience via Photos. You can check out the Facebook page for Flat Parker. There is no cost. He has his passport and he's ready to go. He just needs a couple hosts in places he hasn't been able to find people.

Special Places... Landmarks, schools, zoos, a cool eatery... It's all in good fun and this little boy, along with many others, will be following the journey!

Check out the page and if you are interested send Tracey a note and tell him Mary sent you!

This is NOT an ask for donations. There is no cost. All shipments of Flat Parker are paid for... And he's flat! It's just time and pictures if you are interested!

Description from the Facebook page

About
Flat Parker
Mission
My 2014 mission as Flat Parker is to visit all Seven Continents and as many countries as I can for the real PARKER, who is seven years old and has leukemia. I can't wait to learn about new cultures, see new things and meets lots of interesting people. I hope to return late this year when Parker, hopefully, goes into remission!! In 2012 I traveled to all 50 states in one year- stranger to stranger for Parker. I was created as a fun distraction for him and his family while going through the difficult battle of leukemia. I love traveling for him since he is unable to travel much on his own.
Biography
Hi! My name is Flat Parker! I hope you will "like" me and your friends will too.
The real Parker (I look just like him) is sick and can't travel much. So I will be traveling for him. I hope to meet some really wonderful people across our world, see some really COOL places, and have some EXCITING adventures.
Parker and our army of over 1,500 Facebook friends will be following along, seeing the pic...See More
Description
THE FLAT PARKER PROJECT - The real Parker who is five years old was diagnosed with Leukemia in late June 2011. He is entering into what we all pray is the last year of his treatment before he goes into remission. He has an incredible spirit, huge SMILE and an amazing zest for life. He is an adventurous, creative boy who loves to explore, learn and go places. Since he still can't go out much this year and in order to make travel possible for him, Flat Parker was created.

_14730.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the States or I'd do it. My mom did it a couple years ago for someone, I forget who, but she took him to some funky places for pics. (which is kinda hard cuz yanno, Iowa...)

I hope someone can help you!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1392083460|3612399 said:
I'm in the States or I'd do it. My mom did it a couple years ago for someone, I forget who, but she took him to some funky places for pics. (which is kinda hard cuz yanno, Iowa...)

I hope someone can help you!

Thank you Packrat! I just saw his first stop is Sochi with a USA Hockey Player's family! So fun!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's like Flat Stanley, right? I did one of those for the daughter of a friend at home and she loved it. Apparently Australia was voted the best place her class' Stanley visited. :))

I would be more than happy to host him here in Perth. I usually need a week or so to do it though, between work and uni I don't have an excess of free time to be able to get it done in only a day or two.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1392096927|3612579 said:
It's like Flat Stanley, right? I did one of those for the daughter of a friend at home and she loved it. Apparently Australia was voted the best place her class' Stanley visited. :))

I would be more than happy to host him here in Perth. I usually need a week or so to do it though, between work and uni I don't have an excess of free time to be able to get it done in only a day or two.

Yes! Exactly like Flat Stanley! I'm sure a week is fine. He usually does some "build up" giving hints about where he is headed next, so I know there are so time inbetween visits.. In my explanation I was just trying to say it wasn't an expectation that you do pictures for a week... I'm so glad you might be able to host!!! I think that would be awesome!!! :appl: :appl:

You should be able to reach him via facebook, if not let me know and I'll send you the address through your DB listing..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results