shape
carat
color
clarity

Finders.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we have a few finders here, and this post is out of desperation (not a knock on finders, but a knock on my posting publicly about this kind of stuff). I lost some of my jewelry. And I'm devastated over it. They're lost-- hopefully not gone. I used the Pricescope ring roll we got as a gift from the GTG last year to store a few of my jewelry pieces when I last minute did not get a chance to stop by my safety deposit box last month, right before going out of country. I hid it somewhere safe. I don't know where that safe place is. I split up all my jewelry in different groups, and have found all but that ring roll and my vintage hamilton watch that I must've stashed with the ring roll. In it were my JbEG mahenge halo ring, my transitional buttercup diamond ring, a diamond eternity band... and honestly, I can't even remember. I'm all flustered and upset. I've ripped apart my room a few times, and it looks like a tornado has ripped my room apart.

HELP!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, sweetheart, I am so sorry and I am sending you buckets and buckets of PS ***DUST*** for finding all your lost jewels very soon!!!

Any chance it could be in a pillow case? The freezer? Kitchen drawer with the tin foil? Could it have fallen behind a drawer?

I have a feeling it will all turn up but in the meantime I totally get your feeling of desperation and sending tons of jewel finding ***DUST*** you way!!! And big (((hugs))) too.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I'm so very sorry, madelise :(( It's a terrible feeling - losing things dear to you. So many times I have found that lost items turn up after you've taken a break, and when you least expect it. Try to reorganize your room, so that you're regaining some control. Also, try to retrace your steps (in your mind) - maybe you answered the phone, walked into another room, etc. and set it down somewhere without thinking about it?
I'll be crossing my fingers that you find it very soon!!!!!! Please keep us posted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you find it soon. My mother did the same and could not find her stash for months, finally accepting them as lost. Then one day, she was leaving on vacation and had to pack so she took out her suitcase. Lo and behold, it was in one of the pocket compartments! She had forgotten she hid the stash there and was incredibly thankful and relieved. It contained many heirloom pieces.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I get a kitchen, pantry, food, vibe.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies. I've been having one of the toughest periods of my life. Okay, second toughest. I was so frazzled beyond belief right before I left out of country. I've retraced my steps countless times and looked into random pockets of everything I could see. I'm afraid I might have stashed them somewhere inconspicuous and then thrown that item out.

iLander said:

I know I wouldn't have placed it anywhere else other than in my room, as I live in a room at my mom's place and don't trust anything of anyone else that comes in here. Do you think it got moved? I do keep a mini-fridge and a microwave in my room, but I've checked in both...

missy said:
Madelise, sweetheart, I am so sorry and I am sending you buckets and buckets of PS ***DUST*** for finding all your lost jewels very soon!!!

Any chance it could be in a pillow case? The freezer? Kitchen drawer with the tin foil? Could it have fallen behind a drawer?

I have a feeling it will all turn up but in the meantime I totally get your feeling of desperation and sending tons of jewel finding ***DUST*** you way!!! And big (((hugs))) too.

I'm going to have to turn this place upside down again and look under/behind furniture. Thank you for that tip.

Chrono said:
I hope you find it soon. My mother did the same and could not find her stash for months, finally accepting them as lost. Then one day, she was leaving on vacation and had to pack so she took out her suitcase. Lo and behold, it was in one of the pocket compartments! She had forgotten she hid the stash there and was incredibly thankful and relieved. It contained many heirloom pieces.

I feel my heart breaking over this. As first world problem as it is, those pieces were all purchased to mark an event. The jade ring was my grandmother's and so very meaningful to me.

** I just remembered that my grandmother gifted me a set of a coral ring and necklace this year for my birthday. It's also missing. That's larger. They must be all together, unless I split two stashes and lost them both?!?

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

momhappy said:
Oh no! I'm so very sorry, madelise :(( It's a terrible feeling - losing things dear to you. So many times I have found that lost items turn up after you've taken a break, and when you least expect it. Try to reorganize your room, so that you're regaining some control. Also, try to retrace your steps (in your mind) - maybe you answered the phone, walked into another room, etc. and set it down somewhere without thinking about it?
I'll be crossing my fingers that you find it very soon!!!!!! Please keep us posted.

I live in a very toxic household and environment to cut down costs the last 4 years while I finish my master's degree (very much looking forward to moving the hell out of here for my physical and mental safety in a few months). I know for sure I would've never stashed them outside of my room, or walk outside of my room or the like. I literally stay inside these 4 walls only to leave for the restroom.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check:

inside all of your shoes/boots

inside/between your scarves/hats/sweaters

inside any pockets of coats/jackets

inside spare purses/gym bag/backpacks/luggage/computer-tech bags

in-between any folded towels/bed linens/covers/blankets

in a drawer/stash-box of beauty/personal care items

behind furniture/underneath any footed furniture

underneath/around your mattress/bedspring/bed frame

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am one of those weird people that "senses" things. I want to say I hope nothing I have said to you has upset you in the past. I tend to write without a self edit button sometimes so I want to add I hope that you are O.K and genuine hugs and positive vibes going out to you.

Now for your lost jewels - look in the pile of clothing, pile of blankets, lots of material, a pile or mound of fabric, layers, there are lots of layers, where are the layers of fabric? Your bedding, towels, washing pile? Do you have those spacesaving bag things with lots of clothing compressed into them? Are there layers of bedding in or on a mattress or mattresses or on a chair of some sort? Tell me where the layers of fabric are where you could have left it and maybe it will help us all to know where it is. Would someone else have moved a pile of washing, blankets, bedding to somewhere else to a cupboard you have not thought about and it is still in between the layers?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1 said:
Now for your lost jewels - look in the pile of clothing, pile of blankets, lots of material, a pile or mound of it layers, there are lots of layers, where are the layers of fabric? Your bedding, towels, washing pile? Do you have those spacesaving bag things with lots of clothing compressed into them? Tell me where the layers are and maybe it will help us all to know where it is.

iLander|1433509705|3885505 said:

Based on these two:

Cookbooks?
Microwave or Fridge box.
Kitchen towels pile?
Clothing with food on it?
Under your bed near where your stomach lies?
You have a microwave and fridge in your room, where do you eat in your room? Do you have an area you would think of as your kitchen?
Medicine cabinet?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think really carefully was there anything taken out of the room or moved around you noticed when you got back?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Check behind the books on your shelves, and in the pockets of the clothes in your closet. Inside breast pockets, too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may not help unless you are unsuccessful in your search, but if you are initially unsuccessful, I hope it gives you hope. My sister-in-law "lost" her original engagement ring and was devastated. She eventually gave up and got a new one with insurance money. Years later she found it in a blanket case under a bed and was able to reclaim it. She really preferred having the original to the replacement!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet said:

Based on these two:

Cookbooks?
Microwave or Fridge box.
Kitchen towels pile?
You have a microwave and fridge in your room, where do you eat in your room? Do you have an area you would think of as your kitchen?
Medicine cabinet?

Thank you, black prophet! People are so literal, I'm glad you get the nuances of this kind of thing. It's like trying to recognize a face that flashes by at 80 mph, it's not a literal thing. And sometimes it helps to go where I say to go and think, then it triggers something.

I'm sorry, I still get food. Also, there's something about the shape of the roll; you hid it where you did because of it's shape, nothing else would fit have there. There's a dark haired male, youngish, that is strong, but I hesitate to say, he's got nothing to do with the jewelry.

Damnit, unlucky number post. Spit, spit, spit.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1433521236|3885605 said:
blackprophet said:

Based on these two:

Cookbooks?
Microwave or Fridge box.
Kitchen towels pile?
Medicine cabinet?

Thank you, black prophet! People are so literal, I'm glad you get the nuances of this kind of thing. It's like trying to recognize a face that flashes by at 80 mph, it's not a literal thing.

I'm sorry, I still get food. Also, there's something about the shape of the roll; you hid it where you did because of it's shape, nothing else would fit have there.

I love lateral thinking puzzles. :mrgreen:

Inside a roll of foil paper?
Inside a toothpaste box?
In a hole near where your fridge used to be?
In a shirt you like to cook in?
In a place you hide snacks?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
blackprophet said:

Based on these two:

Cookbooks?
Microwave or Fridge box.
Kitchen towels pile?
Medicine cabinet?

Thank you, black prophet! People are so literal, I'm glad you get the nuances of this kind of thing. It's like trying to recognize a face that flashes by at 80 mph, it's not a literal thing. And sometimes it helps to go where I say to go and think, then it triggers something.

I'm sorry, I still get food. Also, there's something about the shape of the roll; you hid it where you did because of it's shape, nothing else would fit have there. There's a dark haired male, youngish, that is strong, but I hesitate to say, he's got nothing to do with the jewelry.

I'm a dark haired youngish male that has nothing to do with the jewelry. Maybe I've guessed right already? Maybe I will guess right. :read: :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
blackprophet said:
blackprophet said:

Based on these two:

Cookbooks?
Microwave or Fridge box.
Kitchen towels pile?
Medicine cabinet?

I'm a dark haired youngish male that has nothing to do with the jewelry. Maybe I've guessed right already? Maybe I will guess right. :read: :lol:

Damnit, get out of my head! :lol: :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clothes hamper, linen closet, around bathroom cleaners? Lingerie drawer? Tshirts drawer/

This is not psychic but you could take a systemic approach here to give your emotional well being a break. First, you weren't robbed so I want you to assume you WILL find it.

Now.

Take your bedroom. I want you to make a grid and then I want you to search each box of the grid. That includes moving dresser drawers out from the walls and also getting a flashlight and looking under and to the sides as well as the bad, I want you to pick up your mattress so that anything that fell and got wedged can either fall free and present itself or show itself to you.

When you complete the grid of the bedroom, move on to your bathroom. Do the same thing there.

get a plastic bin or two for when you empty the contents of a drawer, you can put them in the bin and when completed that drawer put them back in the drawer. Move on to the next drawer.

Use the grid approach through the house.

Is there ANY reason you need to search your car or garage?

The first thought I came up with was laundry, laundry hamper, linen closet....

Good luck, try to chill and tell yourself: I will find this. :wavey:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first image I saw was an object made of fabric, flannel or linen etc. It looks something like one of those older style travel kits, rectangular in shape with several pockets that you put make-up, toothbrush etc in and then roll up and tie around the middle. I feel like it's in a closet, maybe hanging from a hanger or on a shelf. Good luck and I hope you find your rings very soon!!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't help with the psychic side, but wanted to suggest a very systematic search. Pull EVERYTHING out and off of everything. Move every piece of furniture. Pull out every drawer. Check in/under/behind everything. Take the bedding off your bed. All of it. Pull the mattress off and the box springs up. Put back when sure not under or between. Then start searching one item at a time. Only put each thing away after a careful search of all pockets/folds. Unfold and shake all laundry. ONE PIECE AT A TIME.

Will make a mess. You will likely find halfway through and still have a mess to clean up, but at least you can approach organized rather than blind guessing where you left it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I'm so sorry. Did you look in the refidgerator. I found my lost keys there. Before I went to put them away I took a bottle of soda from the refridgerator and put the keys on a side pocket to unscrew the cap. All other places I could think of have already been mentioned. Sending lots of finders dust your way!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a vanity or someplace where you keep store makeup and/or toiletries?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you had any luck with food places - what Ilander sees or fabric - what I hear "follow the fabric" or maybe both could it have gone out of your room in a file of fabric and now be somewhere near the food?

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
So sorry for all of your distress! I'm sure it isn't easy thinking about your missing jewels.I do hope that they turn up for you.Sending positive energy your way!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so understand your frustration, because I've done this myself, several times. Yes, I'm a slow learner and no, I no longer "hide" my jewelry in random places. The three biggest that come to mind:

1) I hid my grandmothers' ring and necklace in a box, that was in a bag of craft supplies. In a closet, as well. I found it months later, looking for something unrelated (of course.) They are in the bank box, now.

2) I hid my diamond studs and pendant while our house was on the market. I'd put it in a bag with some clothes, then the bag was moved to the basement to clear up the closet. THEN, the bag and everything near it was packed (by movers) and moved ACROSS the COUNTRY with everything we own. I found them months later, when I finally went through that box.

3) and the craziest? I hid my other diamond necklace, with my mom's stone, in my sewing box. In a box of straight pins. (why would I do that????) I found it EIGHTEEN months later, when I had to sew something and decided to cleanout/straighten up the box. Yes, really, I rarely sew anything more than a button, and definitely thought I'd never see that necklace again.

So, please don't give up hope. I know it's very, very frustrating. Fingers crossed, dust tossed that your sparklies show up very, very soon.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise: I have no psychic abilities, but a big heart and I am so sorry to hear this. :(sad Hugs and dust

So I too, suggest clever ways you might have hung it with other clothes - either on a hanger under a piece of clothing, if that makes sense, or in a pocket. I'm sure you've checked all the classic hiding places already, but the idea of a systematic search is a good one. The typical places are in clothing drawers between layers of clothes, and under the mattress or bedding. Could you have hidden it in a dirty clothes hamper thinking no one would want to go through dirty laundry?

I too, lost an heirloom string of pearls that my step-Mom had given me to re-string. I was too embarrassed to tell her I lost them and had looked every where. I found them in a side pocket of a suitcase - where I had neglected to unpack them from a trip 5 months prior (I had thought that while I was on vacation, I would take them and restring them). Is it possible that you took them with you?

Finally, when you said you lived in a room in your Mom's house, I too wondered if perhaps the jewelry roll could have been inadvertently moved out of your room by someone thinking they were "helping" you while you were gone? Any possibility that anyone took things to clean/organize/wash belongings of yours?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise - you mentioned that you live in a very toxic environment, and that you stashed these items before leaving the country. Is there any possibility that someone else who lives in the house violated your space and stole your jewelry roll? Maybe they hid it elsewhere amongst clothes or food? Could iLander's description fit someone else in the house, or a person related to someone else in the house?

If I'm not waaaay off base (and if so, I'm sorry), might it be worthwhile to check any local pawn shops or the like?

I hope you find it, and sooner rather than later!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hey, where'd you go, Madelise? :wavey: :wavey:

Did you find them someplace weird, like a box of cereal?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1433774124|3886539 said:
Hey, where'd you go, Madelise? :wavey: :wavey:

I, also, have been wondering about your search.

Deb

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone. Sorry about disappearing. I wasn't home until today and I have yet to search again. I'm overwhelmed by everything in life at the moment (I graduate this weekend, and have finals this week as well as completing a BUNCH of stuff... man-friend's birthday... and figuring out heart surgery for myself so being in/out of Dr offices and on/off phone with insurance) so losing my jewelry really was the icing on a really f-ed up cake ;( :nono:

I think I need to take a break from searching until I no longer worry about a few more things on my to-do list. I plan on resuming searching this Sunday. Until my mind is more clear, I won't even see what's in front of me anyway.

I will keep this updated, and thank you guys so much for your support and help. It has to be there. Somewhere.

I did also realize that my emerald ring in the diamond cluster/spray setting is also in the bunch, too. And now am considering that it might be broken into 2 piles/hiding spots. If that's the case, that means I will have double the chance of finding any pile at all. If I recover even half of the things, I will be happy.

#firstworldproblems. I will never hide my jewelry again. Safety deposit box only.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I think that is a wise decision to take a break from the search. Good luck with your health issues first and foremost and good luck on your finals and congratulations on your graduation. You *will* find your bling. Of that I am sure as I feel it in my gut. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results