shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WEll, I am finally going to see Leon Mege tomorrow.
I hope what I want is not too much money. I did ask him about a ring on his website-

http://www.artofplatinum.com/frames/thumbs.htm

The one in the big picture with the diamonds going all around the shank. I think it is an Asscher cut diamond.
But to have that made is so expensive, about 4K.
cry.gif
He did say that the stone in the picture is worth like $80K.
My budget is less than that.
8.gif
Hopefully, I can still work with him!!!!
So this is my last chance to get ideas. So, if anyone out there has a design they think is nice, please post them for me.
Thanks.

detta

Rough_Rock
Please, Please, Please, let us know how it goes so that we can live vicariously through you. If I had the money, he would definitely be my first pick!! Good luck!
wink2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay,
I saw him today and he has my diamond!!!
2.gif

I wasn't sure what to do, so I decided to keep the ring very simple. No melee diamonds or anything, just a simple solitaire with claw double prongs in a shank similar to the royal crown.
He said that if I decided to add diamonds later, it wouldn't be a problem.
The one thing I wanted to make sure was that he made the diamond sit high enough so that it fit flush with my anniversary band.
He had a portfolio of rings for me to look at, but nothing really in the works that I could see. He did have a nice 3+ carat sapphire and diamond ring for sale and another eternity band with alternating round and baguette diamonds, but neither was really my style.
AS I looked through the pics, he pointed out different rings he made. He showed me a ring and earrings he made for the movie- "Legally Blonde", a pink sapphire set. He also showed me the ring he made for Nicole Murphy- Eddie Murphy's wife. It was a fancy cut, I think a pear and it was monstrous!!!!
He said he would have my ring ready in 2 to 3 weeks and I told him if he could, I would like it by November 17th, my birthday, but if he couldn't do it by then, it would be okay.
I didn't pay him anything yet. He said when the ring was ready, I would look it over and if everything was fine, then I would pay for it.
His price was not bad at all, a little more than what he had told me from our first telephone conversation a few weeks ago. I didn't even bother to tell him the price he quoted me back then, His price was still extremely reasonable compared to other jewelers. I told my friend and she told me he was so expensive, but he is still cheaper than a Vatche Royal Crown setting and he is custom making me a ring!
I can't wait to get it and will keep you updated on everything!!!!
By the way, my budget for the setting was 3K tops, so I think I may be able to get my bezel set diamond bracelet after all!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow Kayla,

How exciting to be able to meet Leon in person to discuss your custom setting. I'm so glad to hear his prices are reasonable, that gives me a gliimer of hope!
2.gif

Remember to take many many pics when it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results