shape
carat
color
clarity

feeling down.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yesterday I woke up to some medical issues. I had a uterus tear or something, anyways a uterine bleed.
I've been put on bed rest, at LEAST 3 weeks maybe 4. Could be the rest of my pregnancy. However long it lasts.

So now I'm concerned about losing the baby,and my overall health, but that's not why I'm posting this.

So I work in a job I really hate. Customer facing, dealing with billing, in a company people hate. You know, think DMV, insurance, cable company....good company to work for, but essentially I work in the worst department

There were opening in a different area that I was certain to move to. But the hirings start soon, and I won't be able to be involved as I am on bed rest.

Then I got an email today saying I get an interview at a company I really want to work for. Great bennies, right in the field I got my degree in, something I really want to work in, one or two steps below my dream job.
Interview is Monday :wall:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil: HUGS to you my dear. I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't having the easiest pregnancy and I will pray that everything heals well and continues smoothly. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and if this dream job (or departmental switch) is meant to be when the time is right it will be there for you. It's very hard to rest when your an active person-but its very important for you and your baby to take a time out. Some times going and going and going can do more harm than we realize but due to our culture and society people really have to make an effort to actually detach from it all.

If you need anything and there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask. If you don't knit or crochet or do something with your hands like that (maybe arm knitting) perhaps you should take this as a time to catch up on reading or learn a new hobby.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs and healthy dust!

Sorry you are having problems with your pregnancy. Your health and your baby's health clearly come first, but I understand your frustration. Working in a place you don't like stinks.

Could you call the company you have the interview with and see about doing a phone interview? If you explain the situation they may work with you. Otherwise it may leave a positive impression and get you an interview later. Same with the interviews in your own company.

Good luck! I hope you have a healthy baby and that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful... And that very soon you will have your dream job :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1408136052|3733198 said:
So yesterday I woke up to some medical issues. I had a uterus tear or something, anyways a uterine bleed.
I've been put on bed rest, at LEAST 3 weeks maybe 4. Could be the rest of my pregnancy. However long it lasts.

So now I'm concerned about losing the baby,and my overall health, but that's not why I'm posting this.

So I work in a job I really hate. Customer facing, dealing with billing, in a company people hate. You know, think DMV, insurance, cable company....good company to work for, but essentially I work in the worst department

There were opening in a different area that I was certain to move to. But the hirings start soon, and I won't be able to be involved as I am on bed rest.

Then I got an email today saying I get an interview at a company I really want to work for. Great bennies, right in the field I got my degree in, something I really want to work in, one or two steps below my dream job.
Interview is Monday :wall:

Do you think you could ask for a phone interview -- couldn't hurt to ask. You may be pleasantly surprised how understanding people can be, considering the circumstances. :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I'm so sorry to read your news. You and the baby are the most important thing right now. That's excellent advise about asking to if a phone interview is possible. At the very least they will know you are serious about the job and your career. As Too Patient said it will leave a good impression with both companies, which may end up benefiting you in the future. My thoughts and prayers are with you Niel. Hugs

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be praying everything works out for the baby and the job!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I'm sorry you're feeling down. You certainly have good reason to! Life has a way of throwing all the yucky stuff at us at once, doesn't it? I would definitely worry first about baby and personal health and try not to get too stressed over your job situation. I think it will make you feel better to call and try to schedule a phone interview if possible. And, if that doesn't work out, please remember your qualifications and skills will lead you to something else if this particular job you want doesn't pan out due to your circumstances.

It's really difficult to get through these things; I have tons of empathy for you and your situation. But just as life throws curveballs at us, it also rewards us with so many happy and beautiful things. Facing bedrest for an unknown period is tough because it's unfamiliar and the end isn't clear. But that's also life, and you've gotten through yours pretty well so far, right? I am confident that you can get through this, too. And remember: this too shall pass.

I had a pretty dark day earlier this week. A friend texted me and asked how I was doing kind of out of the blue and I didn't say "great!" as usual. She had some kind words for me, and that really helped. I hope you can reach out to a real life friend and that they will also offer words of comfort and maybe come and visit you while you're on bedrest. Socializing truly works wonders, whether you feel up to it or not.

Try to get some sleep tonight. Things often look brighter after some rest.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry Neil. Very sorry.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is a hard time, Niel. I agree that you could ask for a phone interview.

Thinking of you!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry take care of yourself and the bub. I agree ask if you can do a phone interview or explain the situation to them and see if you can postpone it. Sending lots of positive dust and vibes your way!!!!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Please please ask them if you can do a phone interview! I think the company should be impressed by the fact that you're taking care of your baby and yourself but the job interests you enough that you suggested a win-win solution for them and you.

I spent a month on bedrest with my younger child because of random bleeding. Read every book that you've wanted to. Meditate. Send healing energy and love to you and your baby. Make sure that you have enough snacks and water handy when you're alone. Wash your hair every day so that you feel pretty. You'll go stir-crazy and you'll want to run out of the house. Yes, I know. Watch a funny movie instead. Create a blog. Hang out here! You'll get through bedrest and you and your baby will be in great shape. I'm sending you both bright brilliant nurturing heart chakra love.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear this, it seems life can throw us everything at once. Keep your chin up, sending positive thoughts your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Niel, I am very sorry you are going through this. I agree with the others. See if you can do a phone interview. This situation is temporary and you will get through this. Your health and your baby's health is first.

Work will always be there and though I know how disappointing this is it will turn out OK. You are a smart woman with skills that will land you your dream job eventually. And you are not out of the running yet.

Believe me the weeks will go by fast and at the end of it you will have a healthy and happy baby. Sending you positive thoughts and healing dust and (((hugs))).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys.

I know the baby comes first of course, but I'm trying not to go crazy worrying. I think maybe it just helps to put my worry into this job s#$t rather than baby stuff.

I called my boss and talked about the job at least within our same company and she said worse case if I miss this round I would be considered again as soon as there another opening. Hopefully its not to far away or when/ if I'm on maternity leave.

I do think I'll call the place. Worst case if I explain the situation they can't be mad about me skipping the interviews. I don't want to leave a bad taste in there mouth because of it. I peobably should even start and brand brand new job anyways. High risk pregnancy plus stress from an unfamiliar situation probably doesn't mix.....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, so sorry Niel! I was on bedrest for 12 weeks with DS and while it definitely wasn't fun, I just kept reminding myself why I was doing it.

As to the timing, it DOES totally suck. But I agree that it can't hurt to ask for a phone interview. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say "no". I'll be praying that you stay in bed is short and that all is ok with you and baby and that you get a new job opportunity asap!

Hugs to you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil, you are so right - now isn't the time to start a new job anyway, and even though it's frustrating there will be other openings and jobs. You are a sharp and competent person, you'll find something else when the time is right. Good idea about calling the place and explaining, at least they'll know you were interested and cared enough to contact them. And it sounds like you'll have other opportunities within your company.

So sorry to hear about the bed rest, please just relax as much as you can and try not to worry or stress yourself. Take one day at a time and be good to yourself! If I could talk to your dh I'd tell him to spoil you rotten lol! I'm just kidding, I'm sure he's taking good care of you! You are the same age as my daughter so I have a bit of a soft spot for you and my maternal instincts are kicking in (true confessions time :oops: ) You will be in my thoughts and please check in with this thread once in a while to let us know how you're doing. (((((hugs)))))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neil, that's awful - in so sorry you have to have this discomfort and worry in a personal level AND worry about it impacting your personal life. It's insult added to injury. But I agree you should ask a bout a phone interview - nothing to lose, right? If u were an employer, I'd admire the determination ....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1408192874|3733614 said:
Neil, you are so right - now isn't the time to start a new job anyway, and even though it's frustrating there will be other openings and jobs. You are a sharp and competent person, you'll find something else when the time is right. Good idea about calling the place and explaining, at least they'll know you were interested and cared enough to contact them. And it sounds like you'll have other opportunities within your company.

So sorry to hear about the bed rest, please just relax as much as you can and try not to worry or stress yourself. Take one day at a time and be good to yourself! If I could talk to your dh I'd tell him to spoil you rotten lol! I'm just kidding, I'm sure he's taking good care of you! You are the same age as my daughter so I have a bit of a soft spot for you and my maternal instincts are kicking in (true confessions time :oops: ) You will be in my thoughts and please check in with this thread once in a while to let us know how you're doing. (((((hugs)))))

Ha! You wouldn't have to tell my husband to spoil me he already wants to. I feel terrible. One I don't like getting spoiled but two I just feel awful he's in this situation too. I can tell he's scared about this baby stuff and I want to make him feel better but there's nothing to do for that. "Well good news baby, doctor says there's a fair chance I won't loose this one" isn't exactly reassuring. And our 2 year old is a handful and I do as much as I can with her but shes more active and defiant than is best for me (like most 2 year olds!) So I know a lot of that will fall on DH too. M won't mind, sense she's at that point where she's just obsessed with her dad....

I've already told my mom, she's getting worried/ feeling bad for me and offering to help. I don't really wanna tell other people just because I don't want the worry/pity, but well have to tell DHs family soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this Niel. Big Hugs to you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so very sorry you are in this situation: one day at a time, just one day at a time.
do you have help with your 2 year old?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The timing of the "perfect job" opportunity does stink . . . and we can all understand the disappointment you feel knowing that you will very likely miss that opportunity.

But, at this point, the ONLY thing that matters, and the only place your focus needs to be, is on your child. All of us will agree (or pray) with you that your baby is born when it should be and be in absolutely perfect health.

Try to let the career woes go; the right job will be available when you and baby are ready for you to be a mommy with a career.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1408210235|3733753 said:
so very sorry you are in this situation: one day at a time, just one day at a time.
do you have help with your 2 year old?
Not exactly.

My husband gets out of work very early so would be home to help by early afternoons. Usually my MIL watches her, but we live maybe 30 minutes away (I drop her off before work) and my MIL won't drive her to get her. She's afraid of HW driving. Anyways I'm not sure how that will go.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Sending PS dust your way!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, we were taking our daughter to college last weekend and that is why I missed this thread until now. I am very sorry to hear of these problems and will pray for you to be better soon!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Niel, I hope you have been feeling better and that everything is going well with you and the baby. I also help you have been getting some help with your sweet little girl.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Niel,
Just read this. I hope you are feeling better and the bleeding has stopped. You and the baby are the most important thing to concentrate on. Don't worry about the job, it will all work out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results