shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling a bit heartbroken.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just letting it all out here as I know plenty of PSers understand the emptiness and pain associated with losing a pet. We said goodbye to our big boy Pippin today. He lived with my parents, but the whole family adored him. He was always a big, fat fluffball, but over the last couple of weeks he was barely eating and became so thin. Mum was reluctant to take him to the vet, because we all had a pretty good idea what the outcome would be. We just wanted him home. Yesterday mum took him to be told he had renal cancer, and would be put to sleep this evening. He was left at the clinic for pain relief, and the vet rang an hour before we were due to be there to let us know he had quietly passed in his sleep. We knew it was coming, but are just so very, very sad. He wasn't even 10.

Typical of the big brute, to only do things on his terms and not ours! Mum's heart is completely broken. I just spoke to her, and she feels so sad on her first evening with a cold, empty lap. He was a surly, sarcastic boofhead, but would always melt into your arms at the sight of a warm lap to sit on and sleep. They will never have another cat, they just cannot deal with this heartache again. We have lost our last 3 cats to renal disease under the age of 10, and it's too much to bear anymore. The thought of them in a petless house makes me even sadder, they have never been without a cat. They are empty nesters, so Pippy was one very adored kitty.

We miss him so much.

coolpip2009.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He is truly adorable. I am so sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like my kitties are my kids. This boy I can tell is such a character. I am only relieved that he did not have to suffer. Try celebrating his life. Beautiful tribute. I hope that one day your mom will be able to share her life with another kitty, it will never be the exact same feeling but Pippin would be happy to you giving love to another kitty and being loved by one. :love: to Pippin and a safe journey over the bridge.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so so sorry DandiAndi :(sad

He was so cute.

They bring us so much joy but it is so painful to lose them.

Let your parents know we're thinking of them and Pippin.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry. ((Hugs))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dandi, I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Losing a pet feels awful. Pippin was a beautiful kitty. It sounds like he had a wonderful life and knew he was treasured. I'm so sorry for your families loss.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry DandiAndi...losing a beloved pet is so painful. Thinking about you in your time of sadness.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is so cute. I would miss him too. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no I'm so very sorry DandiAndi, losing a pet is just so hard, thinking of all of you and sending thoughts of comfort.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry for your families loss DandiAndi. I hope once some time passes your parents change their mind about having another pet. They had so much joy to our lives and your parents provided a very loving home for Pippin. He looks like he had quite the personality. What a cutie!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear of your loss. He looks a bit like our late Oscar. It's been 4 years and we still miss him. hugs to you all.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi, I am so sorry to read of your loss, I know its painful and sad. I hope that you and your family are getting through this with each other. I love that pic, what a beautiful cat, lots of personality in that pic.

They truly spend their loves loving us and letting us love them. Hugs to you.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, DandiAndi, Pippin was a beautiful boy. Seems he had a big personality! Sounds like his passing was very peaceful, I hope you and your mother find some solace in that. Thinking of you all!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1440773660|3920336 said:
I am so very sorry for your families loss DandiAndi. I hope once some time passes your parents change their mind about having another pet. They had so much joy to our lives and your parents provided a very loving home for Pippin. He looks like he had quite the personality. What a cutie!

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss (and sorry for the rest of your family too). Pippin was a beautiful cat and one can see how much personality he had from the photo you posted!

Secondly, I agree with Callie--I hope that some time will heal your parents and will allow them to adopt another pet. When I lost my dog several years back I was so heartbroken that I didn't think I could ever adopt another pet. Not having an animal to greet me when I got home never got any easier and I really missed the routine, but I didn't think I could put myself through the pain of losing another pet. It took me about a year to be ready, but eventually a local rescue matched us with a dog and it has been so wonderful. I still get upset at the thought of losing this one, even though I hope he still has many good years, but he brings DH and I such joy and it's 100% worth it. Maybe your parents are like me and they just need some time. I guess time will tell, but never say never!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very sorry for your loss DandiAndy :(( --darling little furball. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are members of the family and the emptiness we feel can be overwhelming. I hope your parents are able to open their hearts and home at some point to another furry family member once they've worked through their grief.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so hard to lose a pet. I am sorry for your loss.

He looks like an AWESOME dude. Lots of PERSONALITY. I love that! You have lots of great memories of him. I found, with the loss of a pet, it is healing to focus on those. I have all of the pictures of my Hally on my phone for easy access. When I miss her, I flip through them and remember all the years of sass she gave us and while I am heartbroken she is gone, as time goes on I appreciate more and more how wonderfully blessed I was to have her at all.

Lots of love.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. The story was so heartbreaking, then that fabulous photo! What a great life he must have had. Take care.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"He was a surly, sarcastic boofhead, but would always melt into your arms at the sight of a warm lap to sit on and sleep."

One of the best descriptions I've read. I wish I could've known him. I'm so sorry.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs to you and your family.

We lost our dog over 3 months ago and the house still feels empty. Even with 4 cats and a dog! They truly are family and the grief and pain after loss is so very strong.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear about Pippy. He looks so cuddly and like a lot of personality :)).

It's very hard to lose a pet. They will always have the cherished memories of how much better he made their lives and how much better they made his life.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, so sorry about the kitty.
He was a lucky cat. He lived like a king and was loved by all.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
:(sad So sorry to hear this. It's never easy to lose a loved one. Pippen looked like such a fun character! I'm sure you've got countless memories of his antics. Cherish those and know that the pain does ease with time. HUGS.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for your loss.

DK :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results