shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite flowers?

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
those roses reminded me of my grandma. Thank you house cat for posting.

Actually my favorite in my garden is my beauty berry bush. it does have pretty tiny purple flowers now but by the fall they are replaced by big bunches of bright purple berries. Just a beautiful sight. I actually have a blue bird that lives in my backyard because of it.

In my house I love my orchids.

Paz

Rough_Rock
iLander|1435582436|3896217 said:
I have these in my garden, they're called Blue Butterflies, they're a tropical. I love the way they look like their name. Nurseries haven't carried them for about 5 years because of frosts, but I managed to keep mine going. This year they're back for sale and I bought 2 more. They bloom May through November, and are very easy to grow.

For florist plants, I'm a sucker for Iris, which we can't grow here at all.

iLander- I love them, thank you for sharing! I still haven't figured out which plants grow well in FL, but I would live to plant some blue butterflies. :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love flowers. I used to work as a floral designer.
Pickingna favorite is hard.
Some favorites are: roses (ones that smell good especially), peony, dalia, lilacs, calla lilies, hydrangea, freesia, tulips (parrot and french especially) gardenias, delphiniums, snapdragons, monkshood, foxglove camellias.

I just love flowers.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Paz|1435641504|3896657 said:
iLander|1435582436|3896217 said:
I have these in my garden, they're called Blue Butterflies, they're a tropical. I love the way they look like their name. Nurseries haven't carried them for about 5 years because of frosts, but I managed to keep mine going. This year they're back for sale and I bought 2 more. They bloom May through November, and are very easy to grow.

For florist plants, I'm a sucker for Iris, which we can't grow here at all.

iLander- I love them, thank you for sharing! I still haven't figured out which plants grow well in FL, but I would live to plant some blue butterflies. :love:

Start here by putting in your zip code, there are many zones in each state, and it's Critical info. http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Then pull down your zone on this page.
http://www.floridata.com/jq/floridatagrid.cfm

There are pull down menus for type of plant (tree, annual, shrub, etc) and growing conditions (shade, sun, drought tolerant, etc) Click through on the plants that look interesting and each has a page Full of care info. It's really an excellent site. Just remember full sun means 5+ hours per day of direct sunshine, and anything saying moist or semi-moist will be a pain in the butt to keep watered. Have fun! :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourites are hydrangea and giant allium. I like em big and round ;-)

hydrangea-01.jpg

allium-gladiator.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
A bunch of our beebalm is blooming finally-I need to snap a picture quick b/c full yard pics won't be for a bit. They're so dang pretty.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
telephone89|1435679745|3896831 said:
My favourites are hydrangea and giant allium. I like em big and round ;-)

That is like something from Alice in Wonderland.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1435698717|3897006 said:
That is like something from Alice in Wonderland.
It totally is! I love having people think theyre fake

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results