carat
color
clarity

Favorite stage of life?

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi PS Friends,

Favorite stage of life? Was it the 20s, 30s, or 40s... highschool/college/raising kids/post retirement life? Share some memories or insight on what others can look forward to. Thanks in advance!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mid 30's without a doubt..you are not too young, you are a little wiser, little more money..your body doesnt hurt and kids are young...i still long for those care free days

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Infancy - fed, burped, groomed, dressed, had my ass WIPED! Shit, what more can you ask for? And every one fawns over you and you can do no wrong... you smile and the whole room melts. if I had that going for me right now, I'd be BALLING!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping my 40s. I'm 36 now and have an almost 4yo, 18mo, and #3 coming in just over 2 weeks. So I pretty much feel tired all of the time. And broke...kids are expensive. Another 5-6 years there will be no more day care to pay for, and that will be AMAZING.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1469743439|4060334 said:
Infancy - fed, burped, groomed, dressed, had my a$$ WIPED!
... every one fawns over you and you can do no wrong... you smile and the whole room melts.

Aw Hell, I have that now, in my 50s:

Fed, burped, groomed, dressed, a$$ WIPED!
Every one fawns over me.
I can do no wrong.
I smile and the whole room melts.

:lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1469745188|4060341 said:
PintoBean|1469743439|4060334 said:
Infancy - fed, burped, groomed, dressed, had my a$$ WIPED!
... every one fawns over you and you can do no wrong... you smile and the whole room melts.

Aw Hell, I have that now, in my 50s:

Fed, burped, groomed, dressed, a$$ WIPED!
Every one fawns over me.
I can do no wrong.
I smile and the whole room melts.

:lol:
I puffy heart you for getting me excited about my 50s now! :love: :love: :dance: :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno, when I first read this question my gut response was to say now is my favorite stage in life. I am 50 about to be 51. And I am enjoying where we are in life right now. Still working but closer to retirement than not. My dh and I have a comfortable and happy routine and get to enjoy our hobbies and our time together more than ever before. I am not as stressed at work because I am not entirely dependent on having to work so I feel less worried when things happen that I cannot control at work.

But when I think more deeply about your question I realize that each stage of my life was my favorite time in my life at that time if that makes sense. When I was in my teens I had a carefree life (though I didn't realize it at the time) and though I had worries and stressors they were nothing compared to the adult worries and stressors that were to come. I enjoyed my childhood and looking back it was a wonderful time in my life.

My twenties were also a great time. I was young and had a few good friends and an active social life and a good career. I had my own apartment, I got to travel all over the world on not a lot of money (it was the 90's after all). I was a responsible adult with my first 3 fur babies who were the sweetest and smartest kitties ever. Not to insult other cats but these 3 cats were like dogs. :lol:

My thirties were a fantastic time because I was coming into my own. I met the love of my life (my dh) and a whole new world opened up to me. I became more confident in who I was and where I was in life. It was a very happy decade. It was before the majority of my health issues appeared and time was full of happiness and contentment and good excitement. Lots of new experiences and the decade I got married which was something I never thought I wanted to do ever. So I adapted and thrived whereas just a decade before I wanted to throw up at the thought of ever getting married. I learned in my thirties the lesson of "never say never". A wise lesson to learn.

My forties were when most of my health issues appeared and made life challenging. However it was still a good decade and perhaps my favorite decade at that time because my dh and I were stronger together than ever before and were a great team navigating these challenging times that were the forties. I learned that he really was beside me no matter what and my true best friend and soul mate. In a way I might have never fully realized had this all not happened. There were difficult times and scary times during this decade with different diagnoses for both of us but we had each other and knew we would be OK. We were the most financially stable and had everything we could ever really want material-wise and also emotionally-wise so in that way it was the best decade.

Which brings me to our fifties. Which at this point in time is the best decade for the reasons I stated first in this post. My dh and I love each other in a way that exceeds all (of my) expectations. We have been through a lot together and I have no doubt we have a lot more to go through together. I hope the years we have left together will be more good than bad and full of good health (as I wish for all of you) because really that is what matters in life. That you enjoy good health and make the most of the time you have with your loved ones.

And when it comes right down to it make the best time of your life right now because that is the only time we know we have for sure.

My dad used to say each decade in life brings new experiences to be enjoyed and without these new experiences life would be boring. Life cannot ever stay the same and is always in flux but enjoy each time in your life as the best time of your life right now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't decide so I have two stages:

My first is birth to seven years old. My parents were both alive, my brothers still talked to each other, we were a dysfunctional family but we were all together and I liked the hustle and bustle of daily family life as a young child.

Second is now. Late thirties, I feel comfortable in my own skin, have my own family now. I feel like mid-late thirties I'm a little wiser, not as rough around the edges and have seen people come and go enough that I have a greater appreciation for the ones who have stuck around.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1469795365|4060496 said:
From 18 years old to now
Love it!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My mid-late 20's and 30's were pretty awesome. 40's are good too, but it takes more work. More work on my physical appearance, more work on keeping the marriage happy/healthy, and more work keeping the kids and home running smoothly. I don't particularly care for getting old (in terms of my physical appearance), so that kind of stinks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results