shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite place to live?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
of all the places you''ve lived, what has been your favorite and why?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe it or not, my favorite place so far is right here in Madison, WI.

It's gorgeous, people are super friendly, cost of living is great, lots of outdoor activities, and it's only 2 hours from Chicago. We have a number of theaters, art museums, etc. as well as a crazy number of amazing restaurants.

It's also both the capital and a huge university town, so pretty much everyone is very smart and interesting. Attracts people from all over the world.

It's pretty darn great for a city of 200,000 people in the Midwest!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve only lived around the Seattle area and hopefully never will have to move.

I love going outside and seeing mountains from each direction I look. I love the crisp air, the morning breeze, the climate changes throughout the seasons: not too cool or too hot (but this summer it''s getting a bit uncomfortable - a few days in the 90s), the rolling hills (I''d never survive in a region that is flat!), the deer that walk through my yard, the blueberries that hang out in my garden.

Living near the city is nice, and it''s also great driving out a few hours and hiking in a national forest! It''s a great balance.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Of all the places I've lived, and there have been quite a few, my favorite was my hometown: Munich, Germany. Though I wasn't born there, I spent 13 years there and love it best. My second favorite was San Jose, because it's where my dad grew up and because of the palm trees and its proximity to the rest of California.
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I've lived in the suburbs of Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Diego. Based on location, environment, life style, and DH I'd have to say San Diego. But I love LA because it's where I grew up and Sacramento because it's where my closest friends live and I lived on my own for the first time while there.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Places I''ve lived, Dayton,Ohio, NW Arkansas, Seattle area, Jax, FL and Panama City, FL.

I hated Ohio even though I grew up there. Never did like it, so as soon as I was able, I moved away.

In NW Arkansas, we lived on a lake in the mountains. It was beautiful, the weather was nice, not too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer....but when I got divorced, I left.

The Seattle area was the most gorgeous place I''ve ever lived. But having lived in the Midwest all my life and always visiting the east coast, the ocean was on the wrong side.
9.gif
But, it rained too much and was depressing for me.

I loved Jax. I had the ocean half an hour drive away, Football and baseball teams, museums, nightlife, and close to take day trips to Daytona, St Augustine, or Orlando.

Panama City has the prettiest beaches with the white sugar sand, but there''s nothing to do here. It''s a lot smaller than I thought it was.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I loved living on Long Island sound as a child. My parents recall it as a nightmare because hurricane Gloria completely destroyed our house, but all I can remember is going to the beach every day in the summertime with my mom and how much fun we had!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tucson, AZ--for three weeks out of the year when it''s monsoon season! I greatly miss those torrential downpours, especially in LA when we almost never get a drop.

I do love LA though, just wish I could relocate to AZ for September/October!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've lived in the Bay Area, Las Vegas, London, and Plano, TX, and I'd really have to say London was by far my favourite place to live. I was only there for a year, but the people were so very friendly, I loved their work culture, great mish-mash of different cultures' food, and 40GBP return trips to the mainland - yes, please!

Although, I couldn't keep up with 25 year old Lauren these days and her nights out in London, Paris, and Brussels if I tried, so perhaps Plano is more age-appropriate these days.
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Definitely Maine....I can''t wait to move back there for GOOD!

Zero crime
Zero pollution
Great schools
great beaches
great people!
Safe neighborhoods
lots to do/see
tons of history!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, places I''ve lived that I loved:

Tarawa - tiny island in Micronesia, I loved it as a kid because it was home but I hear it''s really polluted now and about to be sunk due to global warming.

Belfast - I had a great time living here in the 90''s

Como, Italy - one of the happiest years of my life and FI loved it too when we went back.

My favourite places right now - my home in London, St Mawes in Cornwall and Lyme Regis in Dorset, pretty little town and loads of fossils
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lived my whole life in Los Angeles til we we moved to the Main Line. I do miss certain things about California, but overall really have come to love it here in the last ten years. I love seaons, I love the friends we have met, I love being close to the city here and to New York, and I love our lifestyle. Do I love the freezing cold and the ice and stuff? No, but I can handle it here and there. And the pluses so outweigh the negatives.

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Sydney, Sydney, Sydney....

We''re on the harbour and it''s just glorious!

Then maybe Manhattan

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in complete agreement with you, nomissjane. Btw, I''m headed your way next month!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Just for a visit?

Even though it''s the middle of winter...it''s really mild at the moment...
We did a 3hr walk from the Mosman spit to Manly around the harbour headland on the weekend and it was sunny and beautiful...

I love this city....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madison, WI is a great city.

Out of all the places I have lived, San Francisco, Milwaukee (WI), Cleveland (OH), briefly Colombia (South America), and Charlotte (NC) I love Charlotte the best.

I love the weather, the low cost of living, the location, our neighborhood, the people....we will be here for a VERY long time.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see..... I can''t answer this LOL There are a few I love for different reasons. I can tell you I did NOT love living in south san leandro!! I didn''t love living in Orlando, FL either. I dunno if upstate NY was my *favorite* but I definitely am glad for the experience. Ditto Washington state and Oregon. So that leaves California.... I''ve lived in San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose. Any of those 3 for different reasons. Okay maybe not San Jose. But between the other two I couldn''t choose.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have lived on the Main Line all my life. I love it here. Love the beautiful neighborhoods, the people and sense of community here. Philadelphia is a great city, we spend a lot of time downtown. Our daughter is at Penn, so that''s fun for us. I can get to NYC quickly by train, so that''s a big plus. Also like having 4 seasons. The winters here have been pretty mild.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm...I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for the first year of my life but I don''t remember it, lol! My parents loved it and had lived there for 8 years before I was born and then they decided to move back to the midwest. I''ve always thought I had sand in my shoes and they should''ve left me behind! I love FL and had vacationed there for years with my parents but as my father once told me, actually living there is not the same as being on vacation. I grew up in so. Indiana, and currently live just outside Chicago. I''m a total midwest girl who just has a love for the beach. I''m happy living in Chicagoland for the most part, even if the winters here leave me depressed and I end up gaining ten pounds every year and having to work harder each year to lose it now that I''m at the age where metabolism starts to go down! I guess I don''t have a "favorite" place to live, as I''ve adapted to and loved them all!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to live at the Pierre Hotel at 61st & 5th in New York City because it''s my favorite city and I would never run out of things to do.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Places lived in:
Bham AL
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Boston
Rabat/Fes
Philadelphia
(coming soon) NYC

I''m with Kaleigh, I LOVED Philadelphia. Livable, historic, good food, nice people. Really want to move back one day!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 8:52:19 PM
Author: nomissjane
Just for a visit?

Even though it''s the middle of winter...it''s really mild at the moment...
We did a 3hr walk from the Mosman spit to Manly around the harbour headland on the weekend and it was sunny and beautiful...

I love this city....
Unfortunately, it will be just for a visit. We are hoping to spend Christmas there yearly though.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:38:10 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I would love to live at the Pierre Hotel at 61st & 5th in New York City because it''s my favorite city and I would never run out of things to do.
The penthouse is for sale.
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree with Kaleigh that the Philadelphia area is probably one of my favorites. I only lived there briefly, but I worked in center city for over 2 years and loved it!
30.gif

I''m originally from Allentown, PA which I is also very dear to me - close to Philly, close to the Jersey and Maryland Shores, close to NYC, close to the Poconos and close to DC. You can''t beat the location! Plus, it has great schools, beautiful neighbohoods and friendly people!

Currently, I live in NYC and to be honest, nothing could be more exciting and thrilling to me. I''m so fortunate to have had this time here while I was young!! Although, now that I''m going to be married next month, my FI and I have discussed moving to the burbs since we both want to raise our children with a backyard, etc.
9.gif
BUT - nothing will ever compare to living here and wherever we move to, we will not be far from the city.
5.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- what a loaded question!

I grew up in L.A (San Fernando Valley), and went to college in San Diego. I moved back to L.A after college and really took advantage of what this wonderful city has to offer- great food, music, art, the beach, and sports. I''ve come full circle and once again live in the Valley.

DH and I occasionally talk about where we''d want to live. Although we enjoy our life here, we''d both move to San Diego in a heartbeat. He''s from the East Coast, and has only lived in L.A here in the West, but has enjoyed the time he''s spent in San Diego. It''s truly a great city. It has almost everything L.A has to offer, but with a laid-back vibe to it.

Although I''ve only lived in the west, I''ve done a lot of travel for my job and have seen a good chunk of the U.S. I don''t want to rule anything out, but I just don''t see myself leaving the West!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The penthouse is for sale.

I hadn''t heard about that. Living there would really be a dream come true!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve lived in
Northern NJ
Lehigh Valley, PA
Philly, PA
Houston, TX
Bay Area, CA

I think my favorite has been the Bay Area, with Philly coming in 2nd.
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 7:48:50 PM
Author: Pandora II
Hmmm, places I''ve lived that I loved:

Tarawa - tiny island in Micronesia, I loved it as a kid because it was home but I hear it''s really polluted now and about to be sunk due to global warming.

Belfast - I had a great time living here in the 90''s

Como, Italy - one of the happiest years of my life and FI loved it too when we went back.

My favourite places right now - my home in London, St Mawes in Cornwall and Lyme Regis in Dorset, pretty little town and loads of fossils
36.gif
Shut UP Pandora! I''ve spent quite a bit of time working in Kiribati, including Tarawa and the Outer Islands of the Gilberts! Not too many folks ever been there. Horrible pollution and yeah, when you go there global warming is a reality. They''ve lost several small islands already. Sad.

My fav places to have lived are Lombok, Bangkok, and Hanoi. All for different reasons. Oh, and Mongolia because they have amazing scenery and ponies everywhere and I love any culture that reveres horses!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I loved growing up in Caracas (Venezuela), it was great!...

Then I moved to Manhattan, KS and I LOVED it! believe it or not (a lot of people don't understand how I could love moving to such a small place after growing up in a big city!), I just fell in love with the Midwest people!.

I live in South Florida now and can't say it's my cup of tea, it's nice, but I miss the sense of belonging that I see in other places. Florida is very "transitorial" (is that even a word?), in my opinion. Nobody seems to grow up and stay here for long.

I've never been, but think I would love to live anywhere in North Carolina!
9.gif

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results