color
clarity

Fascinating & bizzarre story: Gibson Guitars & Misogyny

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's not misogyny.

Maybe Gibson's legal team is worried.
Perhaps the US Government ordered factories to stop making what they usually make and make only stuff for WWII ... but Gibson made these guitars on the side and even today fears being sued for it.

Anyway, seems like Gibson lost an opportunity for PR and a feel-good story.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting Kenny.
It's related to a question I've struggled with about artists, and their values.
Basically, if Gibson did some bad stuff does that diminish their artistic accomplishments?
I guess you already said it does in your eyes.
Man, I do love my Gibsons.....and by the way, if you want to relieve your guilt, your 335 will be very comfortable here on 47th street- I'll make sure she get exposed to a lot of FCD's:)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1458339175|4007605 said:
Interesting Kenny.
It's related to a question I've struggled with about artists, and their values.
Basically, if Gibson did some bad stuff does that diminish their artistic accomplishments?
I guess you already said it does in your eyes.
Man, I do love my Gibsons.....and by the way, if you want to relieve your guilt, your 335 will be very comfortable here on 47th street- I'll make sure she get exposed to a lot of FCD's:)

Regardless of whether misogyny or legality is behind Gibson's mysterious 180 degree about face here it does diminishes Gibson's artistic accomplishments.
Their best electric guitars rock!

In all of us good and bad coexist, but when the bad side is really really bad it overwhelms the good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results